I suggest you ...

Save unequal split settings

I always pay 2/3 and roommate pays 1/3 (i sublet one of the rooms, but think couples). % split is great but would be nice not to have to type 66.67 and 33.33 every time.

1,063 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Josh Benjamin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

130 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jack K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using shares definitely works, but it'd be nice to have it as a default setting for the whole group/trip. On a long trip with many expenses it's a pain to set shares for each bill. And it's error prone too. Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not able to open splitwise app in my iPhone 5s. I performed troubleshooting steps by removing and installing the splitwise app again . But still facing the same problem.

Request team to help me getting this issue resolved .

• Zakir Ashraf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Josh, wouldn't the 'Split by shares' make it easy? I use this feature quite often as I too deal with similar situations from time to time.

• Roxanne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to say in a certain group, the default way to split bills is by a % (or any other way you allow the splitting). Then whenever you add a bill, it would automatically do that instead of having to type it in each time when it is not split equally. You could still go through the more steps if it should be equally this time instead of by a %

• Ricardo Cavenecia García commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is a must feature... I got frustrated and deleted the app.
        Typical situation when, within a group of friends having dinner, one wants to treat another. You have to have a way to input the percentage of the bill each paying member has to pay.

• Sergey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes you need to add bill and allow others to set their shares themselves. Now it is impossible because the system converts everything to the exact amount instead of saving shares.

• Antonio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a perfect feature, please implement it as soon as possible!! Many thanks.

• Gianluca Cacace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would definitely like to have this feature, as I normally pay also for my partner during holidays and trips. It's quite annoying forcing all the group members to put 2 shares on me and 1 on them every time.

• Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My partner and I make different salaries, so we split the bills accordingly. It would really simplify things to have this option instead of entering it for every entry. I will probably start looking for another app that would have this function as I've only been using this for 4 months and am sick of manually entering the split%

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Per group split option (sharing ratio among group members based on percentage etc) to be applied to all the bills in the group automatically. Example lets say a group of 5 friends take a trip to new york and hence create a group called "new york trip" in splitwise , now every bill that they add, they need to define the split option individually, instead they could define the split option and that can be applied to every bill that they add in the group automatically.

• Daniel Kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 need to be able to save in group setting. I can use this when we take trips with families. When 20 plus people goes its hard to remember the "shares" of each family.

• Dominik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1
        and, same feature request as @Emiliano Parizzi. saving custom % split for specific categories in a group. I also eat more than my girlfriend :)

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base