I suggest you ...

Add an unpaid bill

Why can't I add an unpaid bill. I don't care about integrating with my service because I doubt you'll be able to gather bills from the utility company in bfe with no web login. I should be able to add a bill that no one paid, or add a bill that I just recieved that no one has paid. then the first person to pay it can change that.

58 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jonathanjonathan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AndrewAndrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this ability. There are three of us in the house. We must pool money to pay our bills because they are too much for any one of us to front the cost. What I need from split wise is a feature that allows me to post bills once they are received, so that my roommates will know what to contribute and by what date. Without this feature, split wise really does not help us much.

• AliciaAlicia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to see this. My housemates are confused because it constantly says they owe money even though the bill isn't due for 2 months. I don't go and pay for everything and THEN collect from them. I need them to pay me before the bill gets paid.

• Maya HuskeeMaya Huskee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, this is why I downloaded this app... I did as suggested, making a "Services" account to our little group, but it is annoying... I feel like it would be an easy fix to allow the bill to be paid "zero" so we can owe.

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yea this is the only reason I downloaded as well. Essentially need to track who has paid utilities and who has not

• TudorTudor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can I vote this more than one time? This is the only thing I actually need.

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bump :) Was working on moving my bills to Splitwise this afternoon, but I just tried to post something that hasn't yet been paid, and a comment saying "not really paid yet" just isn't enough :(

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep I'd love an unpaid bill thing.

Either a check box that says "Paid" or "Not Paid" would be great to track bills.

• LachlanLachlan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Total dealbreaker here.

The ONLY purpose this site has is adding unpaid bills and ensuring they get paid. If they're paid when I add them, why would I even bother?

I'm half requesting this feature and half trying to wrap my mind around why such a fundamental, core function would be deliberately crippled.

• StephanieStephanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No unpaid bill feature? I have been searching for how to do this and am so disappointed to read that it is not possible. I really like this app, but this oversight is a dealbreaker. :(

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the feature of adding unpaid bills as I would like to see what has and hasnt been paid yet for me and my house mate

• RafaRafa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

make a new account with the name "services" and put all the unpaid elements there an you just have to pay "him"

• StephenStephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be interested in adding a bill that has not been paid by any of the parties. I think it would be a great addition to your product. If i need to know how much all of my expenses are and what ill owe next month viewing unpaid bills would simplify that. Marking them as paid is a past tense approach to bill sharing. you can essentially expand this into travel and expense planning. just a thought.

• LucyLucy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! My house needs to track unpaid bills, which we receive and split evenly, but need to see when someone has actually made the payment.

Only way I can think to do this with splitwise is add a person ie. called Water Bill (ha ha) or similar, and say Water £100 and it's split 4 ways.

• Jonathan TauferJonathan Taufer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I forgot that I contacted you about this before :) I just sent another email expanding on the issue a little more.

If you just removed the limitation of making the split bill sum to the same total, then I could enter ZERO paid and split evenly. This would take care of inputting newly received bills and past due balances all in one shot.

Feedback and Knowledge Base