I suggest you ...

Reverse Bills

Sometimes I EARN money, and I owe that money to my 3 roommates.

A bill is when they OWE ME money. A Reverse bill is when I OWE THEM money.

You can solve this by letting us do a negative amount for a bill. Thanks!

92 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Blaine shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminSplitwise Support (Admin, Splitwise) responded  · 

Our website now has additional handling for reverse bills/refunds – when entering a bill, you now have the option to choose “reimbursement” as a split type, which will allow you to distribute money equally between a number of people. (If you try to enter a negative cost in the “Add bill” form, it will now automatically change to the new “reimbursement” split method.)

We’d love to add this kind of bill to our mobile apps as well, but it’s not on the roadmap yet. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Hope that helps! Let us know if you encounter any bugs, or if you have any other suggestions.

51 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Divya Prakash Gupta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Groceries/common items cashback which one can get after 2 or 3 days after splitwise bill generation needs to be taken care of. For that individual can be able to put cashback amount over splitwise and this should equally be distributed among group of peoples.

• David Jeffers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my Roommate and I paid a deposit for our electric bill, we added it as a shared expense on splitwise. That deposit has not been credited back to one of our accounts, and it would be nice if I could add it in to splitwise. it should work the same way as a and expense bill, just negative.

I would add into my splitwise that I received an amount of money and that I owe my roommate half of it.

• Amol Patil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Suppose one of the household which is common in group sold out and got some amount. Add a feature so that amount will spilt equally among each member of the group.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is very common that my roommate and I share an expense for a gathering and receive some small compensation from our friends. This compensation is awkward to account for in the current system.

• Mason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really needs to be added to the mobile apps. After 2 years and some change, it's reasonable to expect this would have been implemented at this point.

• ANKUSH RANA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Team,
        I really like this app, it saves a lot of our time while dividing the bills and moreover its very helpful for students like us staying in hostel. One thing on which i want to bring your attention is while today as i booked my ticket from other platform and ultimately i got some cashback, i couldn't find any discount filed in splitting up the bill. lately i put that discount figure as negative figure under tax lab. so if your team can come up with some kind of discount tab below the billing tab that would be very helpful.

Again thanks a lot team, We appreciate your efforts in bringing this up

Regards,
        Ankush Rana
        INDIA

• Parthiban commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If something return or need to maintain negative amount system not accepting (-$)

• Yarden Ram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To have an option for adding negative amount for cases we got money back and want to split it equally

• Marcela De Angulo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes the expenses are for selling stuff, so it would be great if you could register who received the income and how it should be distributed between the people of the group.

• Akbar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently when there is a cashback on a particular transaction, say for example if we buy groceries and apply some coupon for cashback which gets credited later, then initially we put the entire amount for splitting. Later when the cashback is received, then we need to find the previous entry amd reduce that cashback amount. Instead of this, if we could simply add a negative entry for cashback that would be helpful I believe.

• Sara Del Pino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When the group paid an expense (car rental, for example) and after some days, the company pay the group back some money, because the price changed, but the group already had distribuited the expense. so it's importante to be able to register not only expenses, but also incomes

← Previous 1 3

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base