I suggest you ...

Option to remove decimal display per currency

Just as the title says. Simple, give us an option to not display the .00 decimal in the app, or even better, determine and specify which currencies actually use decimal point amount of money.

I live in Korea I use Korean Won, naturally, which isn't applicable for decimal notation and I'm pretty sure quite a few more (if not most) currencies don't use decimals.

As a result, entering costs in Splitwise app now requires entering two more zeroes after the dot. KRW 38,500.00 is a pain...

32 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Hansol Kim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminSplitwise Support (-, Splitwise) responded  · 

Very sorry for the trouble! Long-term, we would definitely like to add better support for international currencies with different numbers of decimals, but it will probably be a while before we get around to it. The vast majority of our users use currencies with 2 decimal places, and adding proper support for 0 or 3 decimal places (the other two common values for world currencies) will require significant technical effort both on our servers and in our mobile apps.

Again, apologies for the inconvenience!

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Juan Jaramillo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello. I use splitwise and it has made my life awesome with my flatmates. I use Colombian Pesos as currency (COP) and we dont use cents. It would be awesome to be able to introduce costa and payments without having to include those two extra zeros. It makes it confusing. Thanks a lot and congrats on this amazing piece of software.

Feedback and Knowledge Base