I suggest you ...

Periodic payments

I have to add the same amount for Comcast and electricity bill every month. It would be nice to have a periodic payment for such types of bill

46 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Kunal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminSplitwise Support (-, Splitwise) responded  · 

Hey there! I can’t quite tell from your description – are you trying to add a recurring bill (e.g. a cable bill that’s the same cost every month), or a recurring payment to another Splitwise user (e.g. you pay back your friend $50 every week)? We don’t support recurring payments to friends right now, but we do support recurring bills: just click on the date when adding or editing a bill, and you’ll see options to make that bill recur weekly/monthly/etc. Hope that helps!

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sanka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since you have recurring expenses, it would really make sense to have recurring payments. I have to remember to add my rent payment to splitwise every month to make sure everything settles up, even though it's a standing order from my bank! Please add this feature, especially if you were planning on working on it in the very near future in 2012!

• Marcus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need recurrent payments (cash payments) to reproduce standing orders. In my group one person pays regularly a lot more than the other, so the other members have standing orders to him every month.
    At the moment I have to use expenditures for this, but that adulterates the statistics/analyses.

• Sarva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Auto pay will be useful for those who are having loans and they can track their emi's here itself

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I noticed this post was from 4 years ago, and I still don't see any way to do recurring payments. Has that feature been abandoned entirely?

• JJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love the ability to setup and auto pay feature that is linked to a reoccurring expense. Say for rent, every month the set amount is automatically sent to the other person.

Im not sure what limitations would need to be overcome but if it were possible that would be amazing.

• Bruno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would also love to see this implemented! Makes perfect sense that you can add recurring bills, that you can also set recurring events to settle up.

• Zev Goldstein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also have an automatic reccuring payment set up (through dwolla) to pay my share of my family's phone bill. I'd love to be able to set up a reccurring payment in splitwise to keep track of this. I worked around it by setting up a reccurring "You owe me" instead, but obviously what I'm really trying to do is record a recurring payment.

P.S. last update in July said "very near future". Any update on when we might see this feature?

• AdminSplitwise Support (-, Splitwise) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm happy to say that we're working on that in the very near future!

We have a big site redesign and some other stuff we're wrapping up, and that's one of the next tasks in the queue:)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whoops, can't believe I wrote feedback. I meant recurring payments!

IE I've set up my bank to pay my flat mate the rent on thr first of every month. Would be good tO set that up as a recurring payment.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have the recurring expenses feature...how about recurring payments?

I think it would be very useful! Thanks for the good site.

Feedback and Knowledge Base