I suggest you ...

Lock group by blocking additional debts after a certain date

We typically make groups for a getaway weekend with lots of people contributing lots of items. We would like the ability to say after x days this group is locked and all bills should be submitted before this date. Ideally, it would send a warning one day before the group is locked and then only payments are allowed to be entered into the group after it is locked.

41 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ethan Setnik shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminSplitwise Support (-, Splitwise) responded  · 

Thanks for the suggestion! We’re generally against features that can “lock” transactions and prevent other people from editing them, but I can definitely see how this would be useful. I’ll mention this at our next design meeting and add it to our list of possible ideas for future updates.

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Akash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, implement the feature which locks the group and no one can add any expenses in it.
    The only access is to settle up and managed by the group admin only. It helps lots of peoples to track as well as maintain the group (if its large) furthermore it prevents the guys who always search the other app which has this feature.

• Veetesh Jain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

once you freeze the group then we cant add or edit the expenses(only allow via group admin or Creator) this will help us setting balance accurately

• Saurabh Seth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think there should be a freeze transactions functionality in the app. Once I select to freeze transaction for particular group before a specified period, nobody should be able to make any changes to the older transaction than the specified period till every member of the group approves it. This is extremely important and will help you with other international markets.

• sivambe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After a trip, we ask everyone to enter the expenditure. As a splitwise group creator/owner, I would like to lock the trip with password from further entries. otherwise people start settling and suddenly someone adds an expenditure confuses the entire group.

Feedback and Knowledge Base