Have certain groups within groups
We went on a trip from different parts of India and 2 to 3 people were from same state. They want to get it settled combined from their side to other people on the trip and want a separate internal expense list so that they could settle it within their group. I would recommend you to add this feature for more functionality.
Thanks for the interesting idea, but groups are confusing enough so I can’t see us ever doing this. But I understand the use case and we’ll continue to think about how to handle that case simply or elegantly.
It would be helpful to group and tag certain expenses together, and then it would also be clear which expenses applied to specific events and/or were settled together. For example - 4 expenses associated with a birthday party. And these would be distinctly grouped separately from two miscellaneous expenses for dinner.
Say, there is a large group of 50 people. Of these smaller groups, go out for picnics, trips, outings etc. may be in groups of 6 -10. All the expense data will be entered in the large group, with an additional tag or sub category. I find the following advantages
- Expense for the particular trip, which would have lot of sub entries can be tracked easily based on the tag, rather than searching from the big group
- People can be selectively added to the sub group, and it can be used to add multiple expense for the particular event easily.
- Members involved in the sub group can easily verify the entries at a later stage, not having to sift through numerous entries.
- Option to keep the entries in the sub group in a private visibility mode
- Most importantly, at a higher level, the simplify debt option should work for the large group, with expense of sub group working like a single bill