I suggest you ...

add expense categories related to children

There aren't any categories related to children, and yet I would imagine sharing household and childcare expenses is a major use case. I would like to see categories like "daycare", "toys", "children's activities" etc

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bart shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminSplitwise Support (Admin, Splitwise) responded  · 

Great idea for a new category/categories! Thank you for sharing. The next time we review our categories this will definitely be in the list for consideration. Childcare expenses are becoming a common use case for Splitwise.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an Important Category given a) Tax Law and b) Standard Operating Finance Procedures for almost anyone with children. Please escalate this prioritization. It's already March 2018. We need the ability to REPORT on all child related in one of two ways

Your Split Way is a "category"
        A fancier way to to mark any expense (including medical, other purchases) as childcare related (so they are bundled out into a report). That's how accountants approach it. Any purchase related to childcare, including in home education books, tools, assets, etc are related to childcare credits.

• Heather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need categories for children related expenses such as Childcare (would work for daycare, babysitter, and after school care), Preschool, Tuition, Toys, Books (this would be good for older kids), Clothing, Child Support etc. These additional categories would be especially helpful for those trying to co-parent their children through separation, divorce, or whatever means.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base