General

1. I'd like to be able to add a photo with my comment on a bill

If I over or under pay on a bill, I'd like to be able to add a photo with my comment to provide evidence of the overcharge

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! This definitely makes sense. Adding photo support for comments isn’t on our roadmap yet, but hopefully it’s something we can include in a future update.

2. add expand icon

add expand icon in place of distance displaying all the expenses for each Friend.
    Means when i select the expand icon then only it should display the detailed expenses for each category like groups and non groups expenses, else just display the simplified form of expense

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll pass on the suggestion! I know the new style of displaying a friend’s balances looks a bit different, but we thought it was pretty important to show the full details – a lot of people were getting confused about their total balances. Hopefully we can keep improving the design in future updates!

3. Ability to capture when someone should replace an item

There is not necessarily a specific cost but sometimes my roommates and I alternate the purchasing of a household item. For example if I buy dishwasher detergent this time my roommate buys it next time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I can see how this would be useful. We might find that this complicates our user interface too much to be worth adding, but I’ll keep this up here so we can see if there’s a lot of interest in this kind of feature.

Marshall

4. Delayed Viewing

It would be really cool if the monthly reoccurring bills could have a delayed notification. For instance, if I put in a bill due on Oct 10 (reoccurring) it would actually show up as a transaction for the involved parties on Oct 3 (one week early, or any set time). That way it doesn't say my roommates owe me for a bill due over a month away. Thanks, great app!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll pass it on to the team at our next meeting.

For now, you can sort of do this already for future copies of recurring bills. When adding a recurring bill, you have the option to set a “Reminder” period (e.g. “Remind me one week in advance”). When Splitwise sends out the reminder for the next bill, it’ll add that bill to Splitwise at the same time. As a result, your next bill will be posted exactly a week in advance (or whatever time period you choose). Hope that helps!

5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Notify amount due depending on specified amount

User can select specified amount in there app settings. if any of his/her friend exceeded that amount (owe or lent) they should get notification.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. using NFC to settle balances directly between 2 phones having splitwise

Using NFC and bank details integration to settle balances directly between 2 phones having splitwise

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! I don’t think this is something we’re likely to add, but I’ll leave it up here to see if it’s popular. We do review settle up methods periodically to see if there are any news ones we can add.

Marshall

8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to change group member at any stage...

Kindly add option to change the group member. For example, person "X" with email id "X@yahoo.com" has been added to the group "Alps Trek" and also some expenses has been added in the group with say equal distribution, it should still be possible to add same person "X' with email id "X@gmail.com". Ultimately dropping person "X" "X@yahoo.com" and transferring expenses on her name to same person "X' with email id "X@gmail.com".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! Splitwise allows you to change a person’s email address if they haven’t claimed their account yet, though that may not be clear on mobile (you have to do it by going to that friend’s page and opening the “Friend settings” screen, instead of doing it from the group settings screen). Hopefully we can update our group settings page on mobile soon, so that you can update a person’s email address directly from that screen.

Once the other person has already accepted their invite, you can no longer update their email address, since it’s their account at that point. Hope that helps!

10. We want more cats

We need a bigger variety of cats and if oh say baby cats, we need baby cats!

Ultra nice feature by the way!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Display summary in multiple rows per currency type

I would like to see the details like you owe, you are owed or total balance in multiple rows per currency type. So that bills added in USD or INR can be tracked or viewed on summary easily.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! I can see how that would be useful. I don’t think we will change the summary. But we might be able to come up with a better way show you a summary of your balances in all currencies.

14. Allow user to cancel setting a passcode

When user clicks on set passcode from settings page and changes his mind not to set passcode, he is not displayed with any cancel button. The only way to go out of the flow is to kill the app. It's hampers the user experience..so I suggest to have an cancel button on Set passcode page

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, I can see how that would help! I’ll pass this on. For now, you can either (a) kill the app, or (b) finish setting a passcode, then immediately disable the passcode by tapping the “Passcode” button again and choosing “Disable passcode”.

15. 50-50% payment automatically

When you enter multiple payers it would be cool if there would be possibility to make an even split automatically instead of typing in the amount displayed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Update the App

Try Adding a page with a list of payments need to be done or like notepad with expenses or debts list (a to-do generally)

It will let the user(me) to manage all the payments in the same app.

N K V Rajesh [Ui Ux]

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. If you use "split equally" remove the checkbox-feature.

I came across multiple people who put expenses as split equally but unchecked themselves from the expense. It's a very sneaky thing to do and you have to manually check the expense. So if you add people to an expense and you choose to split equally the ability to remove people should be more clear, like putting a warning on the activity like "split equally among unequal people" or something.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! I can see how this would be easy to miss if used maliciously, though it is also an intentional feature. (In some groups, it’s quite common for people to add bills that don’t involve themselves.)

19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)