Skip to content

General

278 results found

1. Splitwise as alexa skill

please add a alexa skill for Splitwise, which is will be one of the most advanced feature from any expense manging applications

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to change who you owe money to

When simplified debt is on, it'd be great to be able to change who you owe money to, ie select the person that you will settle up with. This will allow couples to settle up with each other first.
    Otherwise set preferences on who each person will settle with. Ie A always settles with C is C is owed money, balance to whoever else.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hi there Scott,

This is an interesting idea, and thanks for your feedback. It makes sense for cases where, for instance, one person lives in the same city as another, so it would be easier to manually assign the debts than to let Simplify Debts do its thing.

One work-around you can use it simply ignore the recommendations, and just pay who you want to settle up with; Splitwise will automatically re-adjust to accommodate your choices.

That said, I’ll leave this open for other people to upvote if they’d like it, but we’re not at all likely to do this because it would be a large change to the way we handle debt calculations.

Best,
    Jon

3. 28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. More mobile notifications rather email

Like if someone pays me then it must be a push notification. For every notification i am the one who should choose what type of msg i get bt in most push notification is bot an option.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  5. Transfer money directly through Splitwise

Why you are planning to add square cash as an payment option, why you are using third party tools. Instead, do you have any future strategy to implement your own payment option, somewhat exactly as square cash. By this, people will trust in your own application more than someone else. For example, If I have to give some money to my friend, than either I give cash or will send money online by bank transfer or square cash. In either option I have to go and create a transaction in split wise and when my friend give it back than…

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! It’d definitely be interesting to transfer money directly through Splitwise (without using PayPal/Venmo/Square Cash/etc). We haven’t built that feature so far because there are a lot of regulations around transferring money, and we’d need to do a lot of technical and legal work, but it’s on our list of possible things to do in the future.

6. Allow edit of single item in itemize scanned receipt

Sometimes item incorrectly scanned from receipt (eg 1.00 instead of 1.80 or little typos) and only way to fix it now is to remove item and add new one. Could you please add option to edit item in place

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  7. Disable loading phone contacts when entering a transaction

If I want to enter a transaction, I want to do this fast, so spent the least possible amount of time on searching and including the right person. The Android app shows all my phonebook contacts, which is not convienient if I just quickly want to add a transaction.

Maybe a separate "import phonebook contacts" button can be made available

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  8. Improve offline mode in iPhone app

Right now, when you add an expense on iPhone when you don't have a working internet connection, the app tries to save the expense for 30 seconds before giving up and adding it later. Please make the app sync expenses in the background instead of making me wait until it gives up to add another expense.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  9. 25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Custom categories and total overview

I totally like the possibilities of the splitwise web app to show the trends and a monthly overview of the group's total. It would be really awesome if you could also add this overview to the iPhone app. I would also like the ability to split the bill unevenly like it is done in the web app.

Since you doesn't want to enable custom categories I want to request some categories because I have a lot of expenses that doesn't fit in the given categories e.g. party, medicine & health, computer, sport, clothes.

Keep up the good work, this app…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestions! We’d definitely like to make some further improvements to our iPhone app, and I’ll pass on your category recommendations as well.

P.S. There’s already an option for “Sports” under “Entertainment”, just so you know :) Hope that helps!

11. Pick a date using calendar layout (i.e. the layout in calendar apps), replacing the date/month/year scroll

It will be easier to pick a date using calendar layout, as sometimes if we use date scroll, we may miss the date/month/year and need to scroll it again.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  12. Put the frequently used currencies on top

Me and my boyfriend are both belgian (euro), i am living in the UK (gbp) and he is living in the us (usd). This means we use these three currencies very often. When I add something in splitwise, the default currency is euro, and i have to scroll down a lot before I find the gbp or dollar. Something similar for my boyfriend. It would be very convenient if these three currencies would be on top of the list instead of in the middle of the alphabetical list.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  13. Export improvement (layout, total expense and CSV compatibility)

As in Webapp, the CSV export is not useful : there is no total expense, and no detail of repartition. I recommend finding example on the ShareTheBill app with an excellent export tool, and wonderfull layout (i have example on old holidays data);

In France, CSV is not well recognized because of separator trouble, and a replacement in text editor is not enough because also the decimal will be changed... Could it be options to define separators before?

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Have you taken a look at the monthly PDF export for groups on the website? The csv export is meant as a simple summary, not something that would include lots of details.

Marshall

14. Sorting order

On the home screen, the owe-ees should rise to the top, then have contacts listed in alphabetical :)

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll pass it on at our next design meeting.

For now, if you’d like to quickly view only the people you have balances with, just tap the “you owe” or “you get back” cell above the list of people (where it lists your total balance), and the screen will update to only show the relevant people. Hope that helps!

15. Add shortcut to home screen/ widget to add expenses to a particular group.

As the title says, Whenever I am in a trip with friends we use splitwise to split our bills. but in a trip it is so frequent, so we need to open the app everytime -> go to the group -> add the expense.

Although it might sound lazy ;), we will be in a hurry in those situations and never mind about adding it in splitwise. and need to remember these things later in that day and then add it to splitwise.

A shortcut to add an expense to a group will help us to add expenses immediately to…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  16. Automatically enter bill based on SMS

Create an entry in a defaut group regarding an expense based on the SMS of transaction.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  17. become an Open Banking app using PSD2 in Europe and reading bank transactions directly and initiate payments

With the Payment service directive 2 you can read bank transactions which can be added and linked to a group and you can also initiate the payments which settle those payments. ALL European banks must provide this access if their customer requests it via APIs. If you have any questions on this contact me. A fan of splitwise having used it for more than 5 years

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  18. Integrate with Money Lover

If you add an integration with the budgeting app Money Lover for entering transactions that would be awesome. I'm imagining something this: if a user enables the integration then after entering a bill, air jumps to Money Lover with the transaction name and amount pre-filled.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  19. Improve offline mode: Allow adding offline friends

Need to have a complete offline mode to add offline friends and single handedly record and manage all group expenses.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Default the group when I go to add expenses

Default the group when I go to add expenses. You can make a setting option for your default gruop

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! I can see how this would be useful, so I’ll add it to our list of possible improvements for future updates. In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience!

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base