Skip to content

General

278 results found

1. Please consider a first year free and subsequently a $1/year subscription model like WhatsApp used to have.

Occasionally Splitwise will ask me to consider paying $x/month. I use Splitwise just once or twice a month for splitting movie tickets and dinner with friends. A monthly subscription would be a little too much but I am open to paying a $1 fee per year even for the non-Pro version like what WhatsApp used to have.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. 14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a date wise separator

Please add a date wise separator so that expenses can be segregated between dates of a trip.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Just to be clear: are you asking for each day’s expenses (e.g. June 1, June 2, etc) to be separated? If so, I’ll pass on that suggestion and see what the rest of the team thinks.

4. Option to show only the transactions that involve me

This feature to hide transactions which do not involve me is already present in the web. So it would be great if the same is present in mobile.

It is particularly useful if you have a large group.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey Manu – thanks for posting this in our forum! This would definitely be a nice improvement on our mobile apps, especially for large groups :) Hopefully it’s something we can work on next year!

5. Add Split Screen to iPad App

Would be great to have the ability to use your app in split screen mode, so I can have my expenses and split wise open!

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Name Diners and Itemize in Plates

It would make it convenient to be able to name diners in the Plates app. This well help identifying which plate belongs to the individual diner.

Another nice feature would be the ability to type in the items off of a receipt so when you send out the split check your friends see what they ordered and not just a line item dollar amount.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestions! You can actually already name diners in the Plates app, though it’s a bit hidden – just tap on a plate while you’re adding items, and then tap on the name displayed in the column on the left. You’ll be able to type in a name for that plate. It’s pretty basic, but I hope it helps!

I’ll pass on your suggestion about naming items – I know we left that out at first in order to keep Plates as slim and fast as possible, but I definitely see how it’d be useful for some people. For now, I’m sorry for any inconvenience!

7. 12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the follow-up! We include a more comprehensive backup option in Splitwise Pro on web only right now that we will probably bring to mobile eventually. If you have Splitwise Pro (available in your web account settings) there is an option to export a full backup of your entire account under advanced settings in your web account settings.

Marshall

9. Select a couple of the leading personal expense apps and make splitwise compatible, so that costs added on splitwise can automatically add

Cross compatibility with a leading personal expense calculator app (e.g. IExpenseit ) would exponentially increase the value the app adds to life. Splitwise is great, but if you are tracking all expenses, you are constantly doing double handling.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I think it’s unlikely we’ll do this kind of integration, but I’ll leave this up to see if other people are interested in this idea. The main issue with this kind of integration is that it’s a very challenging design problem to figure out how to integrate with a budgeting app in a way that makes sense to people using it. Over the lifetime of Splitwise, we’ve discovered a lot of interesting things about how people think about splitting money. I’m not sure we’re up to taking on the same task for how people think about budgeting.

Marshall

10. Please support Hebrew as a language.

Please support Hebrew language. Beside that it is great!

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  11. 12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow setting a limit to how much someone can owe you and if it goes above it, keep sending reminders after regular interval.

Lets say, a friend owes me monthly $50. If after couple of months he has still not paid up I should be able to set an upper limit to how much someone can owe me. If the limit is crossed, Splitwise should keep sending reminders after regular interval to my friend.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Smaran, thanks for the suggestion! We’ve been thinking about ways to improve our reminders, and I could see how this could be very useful, so I’ll pass on the idea at our next design meeting.

13. 11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow login to multiple splitwise accounts

I have a splitwise account for US and 1 for India so I can easily work with my friends back home in settling up birthday gifts and charity work. It would be great if I can have both the splitwise accounts login able for my phone app easily so different currencies balance from different account would show up.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Multiple accounts is very difficult to build on our end, so we’re not likely to implement that. We do our best to allow you to create separate groups and use multiple currencies, etc whenever you need to from the same account.

If you have any complaints about the way that works, feel free to email us in private at support@splitwise.com.

If you’d like to merge your two Splitwise accounts and keep both emails attached, please email us at support@splitwise.com and we can also do that for you! As of just a couple weeks ago, we’ve created the ability to support multiple email addresses on the same account, which you can access from your user settings.

15. Email summary for the expenses

If we can have the email summary for the expenses for all / some participants then it would be great.

Please look in the email summary of Share-a-bill app for iphone for an example.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We plan on making some more email reminder choices for groups in the near future. I can understand why in bigger groups going through each person and sending them a single email instead of the whole group could be frustrating.

16. Add email confirmation

After lots of confusion over why Splitwise was not working, and why my online account did not match my phone, I realized my email account in Splitwise on my phone had a typo, so all funds sent to me was going nowhere. You should require email confirmation on the mobile app! Security concern!! It should also be possible to have multiple emails associated, i.e. One account email and another associated with a paypal account.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Very sorry for the trouble!! I know in the past we’ve tried to keep registration as lightweight as possible, since many people use Splitwise very casually, but I can imagine how confusing it’d be to have payments sent to a wrong address. I’ll pass on your suggestion at our next planning meeting.

17. Graphic development

Develop new icons for each expense! Like coffee, rent, laundry...!!

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Automate currency based on location

I travel a lot and have to remember to set my default currency at the beginning and end of every trip, or alternatively change currency with every expense added (yawn!). Would be great to have the OPTION of location awareness. If turned on it would choose the currency of whatever country I'm in and perhaps a simple override button to use my default currency.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  19. Add localization for Ukraine.

I can translate the application.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here