Skip to content

General

173 results found

1. Ability to zoom out on receipt photos

I would like the ability to zoom in and out of receipt photos on the iPhone.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. Upcoming bills

Have a spot for upcoming bills that will be due. With reminders.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. Different mobile notifications setting per device

I have 2 devices on Android (Tablet + phone), and i cannot disable notifications only for the tablet, since the notifications settings is set for all mobile devices, and not per device

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: the Android 4.0 update finally adds material design to our interface!

I’d definitely love to update the app to material design when we get a chance! We’re a very small team (only 2 engineers), so it might take us a while, but hopefully it’ll be worth the wait.

5. Have possibility to settle up anytime

Hi,

Consider such scenario - we agree with friends that we will order food, orderer will create bill in future, but I want to pay (settle up) in advance. Currently there are 2 ways of improvement which will allow me paying in advance:
    1. (very small fix) Remove notification which blocks settle up when you are already settled up with someone,
    2. (a little bigger) Allow to settle up in group and choose who pays whom.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: you can now enter a payment with anyone in a group by going to settle up and clicking on more options at the bottom. To add a payment with any friend, you will need to use the non-group expenses entry in the groups list and settle up from there.

Hey Piotr, thanks for the suggestion! That definitely makes sense, and I know we’ve wanted to add that feature for a while – you can already do it from our website, just not from our mobile apps. Hopefully we’ll have time to add the feature to our mobile apps soon. In the meantime, sorry for the inconvenience!

6. Add more currency options

I was living in USA And I loved this app. Now I am living in India i would help if you add more currency options in the app.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Hiren – we actually support a wide variety of currencies already, including INR! You can change the currency when adding a bill by clicking on the currency symbol next to the cost field, or you can change your default currency for all future bills from your account settings page. Hope that helps!

7. Pin group on the dashboard

When I am on a trip, I am always adding expenses on a particular group.
    Similarly at home, I am mostly using a particular group.

To add an expense, I have to first open the app > open side bar > scroll to that group and select it > then click add expense

Add an option to pin a group on the dashboard to to quickly go to that group and add expense to that group.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: on both mobile platforms we now have a top level group list and hide groups that have been settled up for a while. Hopefully this will make it easier to go to the group before adding an expense.

Thanks for the suggestion! I definitely understand your problem – we’re actually working on some design changes to our app to make it easier to get to your groups quickly. Hopefully those updates will come out soon, but in the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience!

8. Show only non-zero balance names on homepage

This one I'm writing only keeping iOS app in mind as I'm not sure other mobile OS's app.

Please provide a feature to not show to settled up contacts on splitwise home page.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: This is now available on iPhone and Android!

Thanks for the suggestion! We’re actually working on adding CSV export to our iPhone app right now, and we hope to bring the same feature to Android at some point in the future. For now, you can also export a group’s expenses to a CSV at any time from our website – just go to your group, click the settings button at the top of the right sidebar, and choose “Export as spreadsheet”. Hope that helps!

10. Enabling a CSV extract of expenses...

Ability to create a excel file of expenses..

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Swiping Between Tabs

See https://developer.android.com/design/patterns/swipe-views.html#between-tabs - right now, tabbed views can only be navigated by pressing the header for that tab.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: this is finally available with the 4.0 release for Android! Enjoy!

Thanks for the suggestion! I know this is an Android convention, so hopefully we can add support for it in a future update.

12. 3D Touch feature

The newly added 3D Touch feature doesn't work. It doesn't take to Add bill page. Also it will be great if you add frequently used group like say home rent share as a direct link in 3D Touch shortcuts.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow scanning of bills

When I ass expense please allow importing of scanned bill so that it can be better tracked

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re using our mobile apps, you can add a picture of a bill/receipt by tapping on the camera icon while adding an expense.

If you’re using our website, choose the “Add image/notes” option while adding a bill. The website allows you to attach images as well as files such as PDF or documents.

14. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Splitwise already supports this feature. In split options, choose to “split by shares”. Everyone else pays for 1 share. Your friend who is with his family pays for x shares, where x = total number of family members.

15. Want to create a group but don't want to invite anyone. Can we create groups just by names ?

My friends may or may not be interested in your app. So I don't want to invite them but wanted to create a group using their names for my calculation purpose. Do we have that option?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Splitwise on ios 8

Hello team,

I would like you to know that there are a lot of people who have not updated their mobile phones to latest ios versions due to speed issues. I'm using an iphone 6 with ios 8 in it. Therefore, I'm not able to install splitwise on my mobile phone.

I suggest that for users like me, there should be an option to install a previous version of splitwise which is compatible with ios 8. I have seen this option for a lot of other applications where, if a user doesn't have latest ios, the last compatible version of…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

I believe you should be able to install the last version of Splitwise that was supported iOS 8 by following the steps outlined in the below article:

http://www.howtogeek.com/263568/how-to-install-older-versions-of-ios-apps-on-an-old-iphone-or-ipad/

Other users have reported that this article helped them, and that by using iTunes on a computer they were able to get the last compatible version.

As a last fall-back option, you can use a browser to use the web version of Splitwise at https://www.splitwise.com I hope this helps!

17. Give the person who came up with the Bunnies a raise

I see this idea is closed but I am not over it yet.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. fix bugs - app on my iPhone is not showing current transactions

I just downloaded Splitwise, and added a friend. We entered some 'test' IOU's, and the app is not showing them. I have logged out/logged in a few times.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Settle up - auto fill

when i click settle up, it should automatically populate field with amount owed rather than manual clicking

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. iPad optimized app

I would love to see iPad and Android optimized apps.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base