Skip to content

General

118 results found

1. A better Android app

Hi,

Seems like you are using HTML5 or some other web technology for your android app. I have just started using your service and really likes it.

I am an android developer and would really love to help you out if you want. You can contact me on my email -- mudit.agar@gmail.com

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. New homescreen icon

I will start by saying that you guys have developed a really, really great service, so smooth and well thought out. All honour to you! This was all that I would want in a service like this, and the connection between mobile and desktop is just great!

One little thing, and this is just a first world porblem; I would like to see a little different icon on iOS. I feel that the interface within the app itself is so good, but the icon isn't quite up to that level. Just a tiny request. But I feel that by seeing…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a cool idea, but many users opt out of receiving push notifications from us so we couldn’t guarantee that your notification would reach them. Email reminders are more stably deliverable.

Zoe

4. Traveling Friend

Taxes and tips
    It would be very helpful to be able to show the split of the actual taxes and tips paid according to what each participating group member has spent or owes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The design for iPhone - intuit ivory

I think, while adding a new bill... The steps should be
    --- to add the bill
    --- to add the people involved
    --- to split the amount per share .
    This may not be a great change to the app but for the app to exist the bill is the start point. So,the process of adding the bill should be first and then the people involved and later the share percentage.
    The design pattern should be a little changed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Actually, this is something we’ve tested quite a bit – different people have different intuitions about how to order the bill’s cost, the description, the people involved, and the amount per share. We tested a variety of different orderings before settling on the current order, so we’re unlikely to change it in the near future. I’m very sorry for the trouble!

6. Kill the Hamburger Menu

I would like to see a better navigation method than a side menu. There is a ton of resources out there explaining why it's a bad idea to do it this way. I also think in the case of Splitwise it makes the app a little bit confusing, partially, because it contains redundant information (friend list).
    For iOS at least you could go with a tab bar or maybe do it completely hierarchical.
    I know this sounds like a minor thing and a matter of taste. But I do care about good interfaces and using an app is about how…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

The reason a hamburger menu is bad is because a) people don’t know what it is and b) it’s slow to use if you need it. The current design of the app is based on our most common use patterns and in those cases, the only thing you need the hamburger for are notifications – which should really be badging specific people and items anyways.

Try using the app without ever hitting the hamburger menu and let us know what feels like is missing (beyond notifications). The core home screen is actually designed to give complete access to just about everything.

I’m declining it because this ticket isn’t quite specific enough to be actionable on our end. I’m very happy to hear feedback like “I was trying to accomplish X and it felt really hard to do”. I don’t know what you would consider better in this case. I could…

7. Rename "Expenses" to "History"

To ordinary non-accountants it makes more sense to call it history

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  8. highlight the "Save" button better!

I tend to search for it very often after adding my expense info..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Very sorry for the trouble! I’m pretty sure we place the “Save” button in the standard location on both iOS and Android (in the upper-right corner of the screen), so I’m not immediately sure what we could do to make it more obvious. If you have any more specific suggestions, let me know and I’d be happy to pass them on. Thanks!

9. Opt out of a group

in some groups i dont participate and still i am in that group. add option to leave a group. unnecessarily i seeany expenses carried out in thaat group which i dint care aboit

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for any confusion. You can remove yourself from a group once your balance is 0 within the group. If you were added to any expenses in error, you can remove yourself from them by editing the bill.

Best,
    Jon

10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We don’t plan to add anything to Splitwise that doesn’t convert into other currencies at a generally agreed upon rate. If you owed someone points, there wouldn’t be a simple way to pay them back for it and we couldn’t add suggestions for how many dollars a point is worth.

Marshall

11. Household items/toiletries/cleaners expense and food share.

When one of the roommates purchases food or common household items like cleaners or paper towels or is constantly the one replacing these type of items; it would be nice to see a way to calculate their usage in order to properly pay for the necessities. I don't see that one person should be responsible for always buying these if they aren't the only one to use them. I had an issue a while back with a roommate not buying toilet paper because she said that she rarely was home and didn't think she used enough to really supply the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We have a couple of ideas similar to this, but it sounds like the fundamental issue is your roommate disagreeing about usage. It doesn’t seem like asking them to track usage is going to be very successful. If you get them to agree to a fair share ahead of time, we have the ability to split by percent and shares, which should work in that case.

Marshall

12. paym integration

curious if paym integration is in the works, would remove some friction when paying colleagues. Awesome service!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Need an option to exclude expense from the calculation

Consider the following situation. I am lending some money to my friend. I don't know when he able to return it. If it's in normal owing list, I have to manually subtract that money for the calculations. So I can mark it as excluding list. In this scenario I won't forget the amount and also no need to calculate it manually or store it in some other apps or Google sheet. Please consider this request.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m not completely sure what you’re proposing. If you want to keep track of a loan given to a friend, and if it doesn’t contribute towards your balance with the friend, then how would you remember that you friend owes you that money?

14. Comfirmed Exposes

The idea is that no exposes can be deleted or edited without knowledge of the concerning people.

So if a Group for an Event or whatever is bigger than only a few people it could be useful that creating, editing or deleting Exposes is only possible if all concerning people agree to this expose.

Therefor maybe a push notification could remind the user of outstanding agreements.

In general that would be a feature for big groups.

Thanks for reading.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately due to the extra overhead that this would cause for everyone involved in an expense, we don’t intend to build out a feature that requires confirmation. Sorry about that! We encourage using the Recent Activity page and turning on notifications to make sure everyone is on the same page with their shared expenses.
    -Novall

15. VAT Addition

automatically calculate the value added tax for products when we specify the VAT percentage

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. payment directly from your app to other people in the group try linking banks or e-wallets

link e-wallets apps so that it will bring more interest in the app. and it would be better and easy.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We have integrations with PayPal and Venmo where they are available, but haven’t added anything beyond that. Please let us know which e-wallet you would use or find that app in our feature request forum and vote for it.

Marshall

17. The settle up option should available only for the who need to get the money. Or if the the other person done a settle up, it should wait fo

The settle up option should be available only for the one who need to get the money Or if the other person done a settle up, it should wait for the acknowledgement of the other person. Now it's just showing in activity log saying Person A paid Person B. Person B only able to add comments not able to revert it if the person A settle up with out paying the money.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. Person B can always delete the payment if they never received it and we don’t plan to limit this as it breaks a lot of useful cases.

Marshall

18. Please make a time recording billing app for lawyers

Splitwise is so easy to use and records all expenses, as a lawyer, I wish I could record my time the same way. We can create groups of people working on a particular case. Everyone will record their time. At the end of the month bills can be created by adding all the time recorded. With an "export to excel option" we can use the app to edit the bills. Billing couldnt get simpler than this, thanks to splitwise :)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, we’re not planning to track anything other than money with Splitwise, so adding time tracking isn’t something we’ll do.

Marshall

19. can i edit a name of group members just for my view...bcoz right now I can see their usernames ??

I think you should have an option of editing a name of group member just for view..I.e. it shows username.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Zoe responded

Hi there. On Splitwise each user gets to choose their display name. Similar to Facebook etc. We may some day implement a ‘nickname’ feature but it’s not on the road map. Cheers!

20. There should be FYI section to keep the actuall biller aware

Hi there should be FYI section to keep the actuall biller aware. Lets say we are 3 friend x y z.i am charging to x for the expenses made by y. Y is not on splitwise or not in that group or Y has some arrangement with X to pay in his behalf. Instead making another group for this,we want a FYI section so that whatever i charge to X, Y get informed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately, we don’t plan to add automated notification features for people who are not on Splitwise, or not involved in a given group/expense. If you wish, you can always use the “Export as spreadsheet” or “View printable summary” features, and then save or print that spreadsheet/summary to share with other people. Our apologies for the inconvenience!

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base