1. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hmm…Splitwise already keeps track of currencies separately (e.g. “you owe $50 + you owe £20”), so I’m not sure what happened here. If you continue to have issues, please contact us at support@splitwise.com and include screenshots of the problem that you’re seeing – that should help us determine what’s going wrong and help us get it straightened out for you.

2. Classificate expenses

Should be abble to classify the expenses in such way that we could be abble to control our expenses by type. Ex. I would like to see how much (i.e percentege) of my expenses was in dinning out or groceries. Other then that the app is great!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can add a category to any expense. To do so, tap the blue/grey button to the left of the description/amount fields in the add bill flow. This will bring up a popup that will let you categorize the bill.

Right now we have ‘spending by month by category’ on the web only. We are bringing summaries to mobile soon too.

To access on the web, go to ‘All Expenses’, click ‘trends’ on the right then ‘view full charts’.

ZC

3. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there – if you’re using Splitwise on your mobile device, you should be able to do this already! If you’ve granted the Splitwise app access to your contacts, then we’ll automatically let you invite/add people who have a valid email address or US phone number. (Please note that we don’t import phone numbers for some non-US countries right now – that’s something we hope to improve in the future!)

4. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add Icon for cats

It would be awesome to have an icon for cat expenses (and maybe other pets aswell). As the song says: https://youtu.be/sP4NMoJcFd4

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We actually do have an existing “Pets” category (under “Home”), but I know its icon looks more like a dog than a cat. We probably won’t add a separate category just for cats, but maybe the next time we update our icons, we’ll pick an icon that’s more feline-friendly :)

6. Settle up - auto fill

when i click settle up, it should automatically populate field with amount owed rather than manual clicking

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. it would be great if you could add my expenses column where i can select time period and see how much did I spent.

we often wanna know how much we spent monthly. splitwise can track our expenses and we can see how much I spent in total within a time period and monthly as well

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news – we support this for groups! On Android, tap the menu icon in the group header to access. On iPhone tap the More button in the group header to access. Cheers!

8. Have a way to record an expense without adding it to the bill

Sometimes I want to record and show to the whole party how many times on, for example, a road trip, we got gas, but if that was all to be reimbursed to one person later by someone outside the party, have a way to not actually add it to the tally. This way everyone knows the total expenses, but know that it's not part of the actual bill.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

While there isn’t an officially supported way for doing this on Splitwise at the moment, you can add a transaction in a group where you completely paid for something, and you are the only person who owes any money for it.

Lets say if you paid $100 for Gas, just add an expense titled ‘Gas’ and say that you paid $100, and untick everyone else except you from the ‘split equally between’ section and save the expense. This will achieve what you’re asking for: everyone will be able to see the expense and it will also count towards total group expenses, but will not count towards any individuals’ balances, including you.

9. Send Notification for any update

Hello,

Please add this functionality.

Thanks
    Suresh Bhandari

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Within each month, expenses should be listed in date wise order. If you’re seeing something different, please submit a ticket with a screenshot of the issue.

Marshall

11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey – It sounds like you may be looking for our “simplify debts” feature, which reshuffles group debts to minimize repayments that need to happen. To enable for any group please visit “group settings”. If I’m incorrect about what you’re looking for feel free to send a note to support@splitwise.com with more details about what you’re trying to do and we’ll do our best to help! Cheers

12. Directly updated Android App cannot split expenses only to SOME group members

The APP always split the expenses to all group members, regardless of selection.

When I uninstalled and reinstalled the app (it was already up to date), it suddenly started working.

This might cause some confusion for your users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This sounds very odd. I can’t think of any reason this would be the case. Nothing in the data that gets saved during update should change how split expenses works. I’m closing this out as complete, but want to keep a record up this up here in case other users have this issue.

Marshall

13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add back "Quick add" for expenses

One of my favorite features that I'm sorely missing from the new app. It's saved me so much time over the years.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Quick-add still exists! Just tap-and-hold on the plus button at the bottom of the screen, and you should be able to quick-add new expenses and payments. Hope that helps!

15. Log individual costs too

The ability to log individual costs for a holiday as well as group costs would be great to show how much an event such as a holiday has cost each person.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! You should be able to see your share of expenses in the group totals under the more menu. It’s very basic, but should show you the individual cost in the group.

Marshall

16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can move an expense from a friendship into a group (or vice versa) by following these steps:

1. Tap/click to edit the expense
    2. Tap/click where it says ‘No Group’ on the edit a bill form
    3. Select the group you’d like to move the expense to from your list of groups

-support@splitwise.com

17. Split groups of expenses

It would great to be able to group expenses such that only expenses in that group will be reconciled. Other expenses involving the same people would not be included in the "person a owes person b" amounts for that expense group.

The use case for this is that in some instances certain debts may need to be resolved before others. Grouping them would allow us to settle specific debts on differing timetables.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Joseph – are you aware of our “groups” feature? It does basically what you describe. You can create a new group by hitting the menu button in the upper-left, and then choosing “Create a new group”.

Let me know if I’ve misunderstood your suggestion!

18. enter maldivian rufiyaa as a currency please!

we are in maldives but we add the local currency as USD since in d list of currencies maldivian rufiyaa is not available. plz do smthg!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Brilliant

Splitwise is by far the best app I have ever used to manage by expenses. It is easy to use and manage. Team Splitwise keep up the good work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Two dates. 'Added on' and 'last updated on'

If a transaction is updated with changes, the 'last updated' date is shown and the 'added on' date is just not seen anywhere.

If I want to know when a particular transaction was added I just don't know when it was added if that transaction has been edited. That's a problem.

I feel the two dates provide two different types of information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base