2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. Add TND (Tunisian dinar) to the list of currency

It would be awesome if you can add TND !! Thank you , great great app!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. Classificate expenses

Should be abble to classify the expenses in such way that we could be abble to control our expenses by type. Ex. I would like to see how much (i.e percentege) of my expenses was in dinning out or groceries. Other then that the app is great!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can add a category to any expense. To do so, tap the blue/grey button to the left of the description/amount fields in the add bill flow. This will bring up a popup that will let you categorize the bill.

Right now we have ‘spending by month by category’ on the web only. We are bringing summaries to mobile soon too.

To access on the web, go to ‘All Expenses’, click ‘trends’ on the right then ‘view full charts’.

ZC

4. Do some monthly reporting with the categories and totaled amounts

Each month give the option to send out a csv of the amounts with the categories dates description total etc.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: CSV export is now available on iPhone and Android!

On our website you can download your data as a CSV for each group / friendship you have. We are bringing this feature to iOS soon, too.
    ZC

5. [BUG] splitting the bill

If you select "I owe (person)" or "(person) owes me" when telling the app how to split it, it then becomes locked and you cannot later change it (as you can when you select split the bill).

For example let's say I create an expense because I owe someone, so I select that. After filling everything out, I realize I don't owe them the full amount, just half of it. I would have to delete that expense and start over creating a new expense in order to make that change, as that is not editable.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adding contacts iOS vs Android

It's kind of strange that you add contacts in iOS with their email address and on android with their phone number. So I got some doubled contacts on my phone.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the confusion! You should be able to add contacts by either email address or phone number* on both platforms. Is it possible that you have different contact book info on your devices (e.g. maybe your iPhone has someone’s email address on it, but your Android device only has their phone number)?

*Adding contact by phone number may be disabled or modified in some countries where SMS invites are legally restricted.

8. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the confusion! You can remove a group member at any time, as long as that person has settled up all of their group balances. Just go to the group’s settings page, then hit the “X” next to that person’s name.

9. share rent with irregular stays

In this apartment, staffs of a company who are in a foreign mission come to stay for 3 months but they dont arrive at the same time. one will be sent earlier and the other for example 10 days later and so on, making an irregular rent sharing system. With 800$ a month, the rule is to share equally and per day of stay in a month. Suppose that there are 3 of us and and one of us comes to stay from the 15th, then: 800÷30÷3×15
    800 (rent)÷ 30 (days)÷ 3 (number of people)× 15 (number of days stayed).…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey there! There are multiple possible ways to handle a situation like this (see our old travel calculator for examples: https://www.splitwise.com/calculators/travel), but it sounds like you probably want the “split by shares” feature. When adding a new expense, just tap on the “split equally” button to change the split, and then choose “split by shares”. You can then give each person shares as follows:

Person 1: 30 shares
    Person 2: 30 shares
    Person 3: 15 shares

Splitwise will calculate each person’s share so that Person 3 ends up paying half as much as Person 1 and Person 2.

10. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there – if you’re using Splitwise on your mobile device, you should be able to do this already! If you’ve granted the Splitwise app access to your contacts, then we’ll automatically let you invite/add people who have a valid email address or US phone number. (Please note that we don’t import phone numbers for some non-US countries right now – that’s something we hope to improve in the future!)

11. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re adding an expense in a group or friendship, it should use the most recently used currency in the group or friendship when you add the expense. If you usually use one currency, you can set it in your account settings to use when there isn’t a recent expense in your group or friendship.

Marshall

12. Update UI of iOS widget

Text color is not consistent with other apps' widget.

White over whitish is hard to read

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  13. Only notes option

Please provide an option to add only notes- like if the newspaper did not come on 14th and 22nd of the month, or if the maid was on leave for a week- so that we know how much to pay at the end of the month to the maid or the newspaper guy.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. it would be great if you could add my expenses column where i can select time period and see how much did I spent.

we often wanna know how much we spent monthly. splitwise can track our expenses and we can see how much I spent in total within a time period and monthly as well

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news – we support this for groups! On Android, tap the menu icon in the group header to access. On iPhone tap the More button in the group header to access. Cheers!

15. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hmm…Splitwise already keeps track of currencies separately (e.g. “you owe $50 + you owe £20”), so I’m not sure what happened here. If you continue to have issues, please contact us at support@splitwise.com and include screenshots of the problem that you’re seeing – that should help us determine what’s going wrong and help us get it straightened out for you.

17. Add Icon for cats

It would be awesome to have an icon for cat expenses (and maybe other pets aswell). As the song says: https://youtu.be/sP4NMoJcFd4

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We actually do have an existing “Pets” category (under “Home”), but I know its icon looks more like a dog than a cat. We probably won’t add a separate category just for cats, but maybe the next time we update our icons, we’ll pick an icon that’s more feline-friendly :)

18. GREAT APP!!!!

Guys,

You solved a real problem.
    Loved using it.
    Will use again on my next trip with friends!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Give Tagging option for expenses.So that we can filter by tag and able to see expenses only for tagged items.

For example, friends are going for long trip and created splitwise group. if we marked expenses like 'FOOD' , PETROL , ALCOHOL, and etc.

at the end of trip friends can able to see individually how much they spent for FOOD, PETROL and ALCOHOL and etc

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello! You can assign a category to any expense. To do this, please tap the icon to the left of the amount field when you’re adding the expense. We support spending-by-category breakdowns on the web (splitwise.com) and hope to bring the same to mobile soon, too. Cheers!

20. Color Coded Dashboard

A great debt tracking app, Mooch, (which has a lot of it's own limitations) does an interesting job of making sure the dashboard has large numbers, sorted from largest to smallest, and colour coded into reds and greens.
    A feature like this in SplitWise (already there on the website) would be one of those minor things that go a long way in giving satisfaction!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base