General

1. I am not allowed to change the people involved while editing a Transaction in the group.

While editing a transaction in a group, I can not add new people to the Transaction. This was supported before.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Splitwise still supports editing group transactions. However, it sounds like you may be trying to edit a transaction where one of the people involved has left the group. In that case, you would need to add that person back to the group before you can edit old expenses that involve them.

If you’re still having issues, email us at support@splitwise.com and let us know what bill you’re trying to edit – we’d be happy to look into it and figure out what’s up.

2. improve the consistency of the android app

Has anybody reported the the android app has serious consistency issues. The best paradigm to describe it is 'eventually inconsistent'.
    Some entries are never logged (i.e. they never appear on the website), others appear twice. What gives?

Love the new page layout and colors and appreciate the fast prototyping and testing of ideas. Too bad my boyfriend and I gave up using the app :(

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This should be how groups currently work – you can only see a group if you are a member of it. Please let us know if this isn’t how it’s working for you.

Marshall

4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Consolidated debt overview

Consolidated debt view in the app similar to the website that includes groups and individual debts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currency Option

Select the default currency of the user on the basis of his location. Get it from google or ask them in the sign up form. Or use location based.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update: both mobile apps now guess your currency during sign up based on your locale settings and allow you to change it.

Sorry for the trouble! We do ask for your default currency during sign up, but we don’t yet auto-detect your currency based on your location, which would be a great improvement. Hopefully that’s something we can include in future updates!

8. Add HKD to currency list

Hi, I was able to set HKD as my default currency in Account Settings, but HKD is not on the list of currencies when I input the expense item. Please rectify this. I urgently need this because I'm going on a group trip in 2 days. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! HKD is actually already in our list of currencies – you should be able to select it from your account settings page, about a third of the way down the list. Let us know if you have any more issues!

9. Email notification

it will be great if we have get an email notifications about the expenses being added and deleted on here

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can do this from the settings screen – select “Notification settings”, and then tap on the email icons to enable or disable various email notifications. You can also choose to receive push notifications when expenses are added or deleted.

10. add everyone functionality and expansion of that functionality

I went on a trip with 11 friends. They all joined splitwise and are in my event. When I add an expense I still have to manually add 11 people to each expense. it's ruining the user experience. add all function for people that are part of the event. in the future possibly create favorites list etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, thanks for your feedback! We do have that. When you go to add an expense, type the name of the group rather than any of the people in the “With you and” field.

11. keep going!

love the app, love the web. I was starting a similar project and found yours and you are now my "goal". For me this is a personal project to see if I can build such things, but you put the bar quite high!

I saw that you are a small team, and the "Made with ☻ in Providence, RI, USA" is nice, I am a senior embedded engineer which is learning Angular2 and iOS/Android.

I will keep an eye on your company.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add global currencies

Hey, Its a great app. Appreciate your efforts and innovation around splitwise.
    I am from india and was trying to use your app. I just realise we don't have Indian currency in it. Is it possible to add INR as optional currency selector.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there! Actually, Splitwise supports INR already – just go to your account settings and change your default currency to “INR”. You can also change the currency for an individual expense by tapping on the currency symbol in the “Add bill” form. Hope that helps!

13. to simplfy debt for each contact too. if a contact exists in more than one group then the expenses should get simplified between groups too.

I have friends who exist in more than one group. in these cases it's confusing because it tells I owe my friend money in one group but he owes me back money in another group. give me an option where I can see what I finally owe him after cancelling out the debts between groups since it is for the same person.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You should be able to do this right from the friend screen – each friend will display their total balance with you across all groups. Additionally, if you make a payment to that friend for the full amount that you owe them, then we will automatically settle up all of the different groups that you share together.

However, we don’t intend to add additional features that dynamically simplify debts across multiple groups, as we’ve found in testing that it makes the user experience very confusing. (When adding 1 new expense can change your balances across multiple groups, it becomes very difficult to understand what’s happening in your account, especially when that 1 expense was added by someone else.) We apologize for the trouble!

14. Single person renting more than one room- rent calculator

I share one room with my partner and rent one room as a workspace. The calculator seems to assume one person/room, unless renting as a couple. I am not sharing the communal spaces as two people but as one person! Explaining this to housemates doesn't seem straightforward.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Want to create a group but don't want to invite anyone. Can we create groups just by names ?

My friends may or may not be interested in your app. So I don't want to invite them but wanted to create a group using their names for my calculation purpose. Do we have that option?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Only have friend's balances in the mobile app.

I am presently using the Android OS and the mobile app still shows the previous layout of your web app with group balances separate from friend's balances. I usually use the mobile app to check how much someone owes me on the fly, so having groups there does not help since I need to open each group to see what is the outstanding amount there.

When are you planning on releasing an update for the Android ecosystem? :) Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Color Coded Dashboard

A great debt tracking app, Mooch, (which has a lot of it's own limitations) does an interesting job of making sure the dashboard has large numbers, sorted from largest to smallest, and colour coded into reds and greens.
    A feature like this in SplitWise (already there on the website) would be one of those minor things that go a long way in giving satisfaction!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. back up of our spent money

is there any way that we can have back up of our spent money periodically or optionally when we need..?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this from our web interface – just view a group or friend and click the “settings/gear” icon in the upper-right of the right-side column. In the menu that appears, click “Export as spreadsheet” to download a .csv file with all your expenses.

We also have a “download full backup” for Splitwise Pro users under advanced features in account settings. This includes all data for the account, but is in JSON format.

Marshall

20. Netting off expenses amongst group

If Alice owed Emma £10, but Emma owed Sophie £12. The app should net the amounts so that Alice pays Sophie £10 and Emma the balance of £2.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re using a group, you can do this already! Just go to your group’s settings page and enable the “Simplify debts” option under “Advanced settings”. (The setting isn’t enabled by default, because we found that it confused many people who weren’t expecting it.)

If you’re trying to do this across multiple groups, or for non-group expenses, then unfortunately we don’t currently have plans to support this. We tried something similar in the past, but found that it caused a lot of confusion when the shuffled expenses couldn’t be traced back to a single group. Apologies for any trouble!

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base