Skip to content

General

173 results found

1. Windows Phone app

The smartphone ecosystem is getting wider now with Windows Phone...it would be very nice if you had an app in the Windows Marketplace as well, like you have for iPhone and Android. Thanks!

326 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    24 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Splitwise-the-company is a bit too small to build our own Windows Phone app right now, unfortunately. (We’re only a few engineers, and we’ve already got our hands full with iPhone, Android, and web!) However, there are now three 3rd party Windows Phone apps: “Splittr”, “Centwise”, and “Split It”. They are not created by Splitwise, but act as a Splitwise client.

Splittr works on WP7.5 and up. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/splittr/d2307de6-10c0-4b5c-9527-7c549370a447

Centwise works on WP7.5 and up. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/centwise/faeb5f7b-fbb6-41c6-8fac-17d81dae703d

Split It works on WP8 and up. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/split-it/df492da8-c150-46aa-8d70-be96a8fdafda

Check out our blog posts about them:
    http://blog.splitwise.com/2013/03/13/a-windows-phone-8-client-at-long-last/
    http://blog.splitwise.com/2013/03/22/centwise-windows-phone-7-5-splittr-updates/

Splitwise currently has no plans for an official Windows Phone app, but we’re very thankful to the developers who have used our API and made their own – thanks a lot!

2. Currency conversion

When I went to Cancun, I charged/paid for things at different locations and at each location, there was a different exchange rate for the peso to USD. I would like to suggest a way to set the exchange rate for each item when doing a "trip" group. I ended up having to manually calculate the conversion and split it up each night for a group of 16.

321 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    50 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Currency conversion is now included with our premium version, Splitwise Pro (https://secure.splitwise.com/pro/subscribe). Right now, it’s a web-only feature, but we hope to add it to our mobile apps in the future!

On the web, if you click on a friend or group in the left sidebar, then click the settings icon at the top of the right sidebar, you’ll see an option to convert all transactions with that friend/group to your default currency, using the current market exchange rate. You’ll also see a suggestion to convert currencies appear automatically when viewing a group with balances in multiple currencies.

Hope this helps a bit! We’d definitely like to continue improving multiple currency support over time – I can’t say how quickly that will happen, as we’re a very tiny team, but it remains on our to-do list for the future. If you have suggestions or feedback, feel free to…

3. 227 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    54 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

A basic version of this feature (“View group totals”) is now on all platforms: iPhone, Android, and web! You can also analyze more details group totals by exporting your group expenses to a spreadsheet, which is also available on all platforms.

We hope to keep improving this feature over time, so feel free to make suggestions below. Thanks!

4. 215 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow multiple payers when adding bills on mobile

Please add multiple payers on the mobile apps.

89 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable offline data entry from the Android app

sometimes you are in the tube, or offline, and cannot enter expenses ie the app crashed. It would be fantastic to be able to log expenses offline then sync at some point

87 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  7. Offline mode for mobile

Quite disappointed when I found out your app does not work offline.

78 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

NOTE: if you are upset that iPhone or Android offline mode does not work in the way that you want, please vote for or add a new idea about your specific issue. I suspect this issue covers most problems related to this idea now: http://feedback.splitwise.com/forums/162446-general/suggestions/9786933-improve-offline-mode-in-iphone-app

It’s much easier for us to figure out what work is important to do next if we have votes for specific problems.

Our iPhone and Android apps now both include offline mode. Offline allows you to add and remove expenses with existing friends and groups, even when you don’t have an internet connection. Any changes you make will be synced later, when you have an internet connection again.

8. Currency conversion in the app

As a pro subscriber I'd like to be able to do the currency conversion in the app not just on the web version

70 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Currency Conversion is available as a Pro feature on all platforms!

You can convert the currency of expenses in a group or friendship to your default currency via the menu in the header of a groups or friendships in both our Android and iOS apps.

If you’d like to convert expenses to a different currency you can do so by (temporarily) changing your default currency from your Account Settings page.

9. Update Android app to follow Android Design Principles

I've read other idea responses saying an update is coming, but in case this isn't included...

The Android app needs to follow the android design guidelines. It looks like an iPhone app, there's no response to button presses, as they are just static images, and it simply does not follow the android design principles that can be seen here: http://developer.android.com/design/get-started/principles.html.

68 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  10. Show dates on mobile app

Like the design of the website, showing the dates on the list of transactions would help differentiate between multiple charges from the same place but on different days.

64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  11. iPad app

It's perfect! I just wish there was an iPad app for it. Thank you!

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Zoe responded

Splitwise is now available on iPad. Enjoy!

12. Allow Push Notifications from Splitwise (instead of email)

The current app does a great job of emailing at every action, but after a while these can add up. If possible, SplitWise should store which platform each account holder uses and notify them via push notifications. These can be short, to the point, and would always keep people in the loop.

Plus, email is always a backup, if users choose!

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  13. Currency Selection

Allow multiple currency selections to show only commonly used currencies for travel expenses instead of long list

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  14. Whiteboard on Mobile App

I couldn't find Whiteboard option in Android App.
    It it is there, kindly guide me to it.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Whiteboard is now available in both our Android and iPhone apps!

Android: tap the menu icon in the top right corner of your group page.
    iPhone: tap ‘More’ in the header of your group page

15. Touch ID for security with optional passcode

Introduce Touch ID for security with optional passcode

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: this is now available on iPhone. To enable, go to the Me tab and click on Passcode. Once you’ve added a passcode, you will be able to use Touch ID or the passcode to unlock the app.

Yep, great idea, it’s on our list of cool things we’d love to do :) Thanks for submitting.

- Jon

16. Enable Editing of the Bill in the Mobile App

I'd like to edit just the amount I put in for the bill in mobile.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  17. (mobile) Option to hide friends which I am settled-up with

When looking at the current balance with my friends, it would be useful to hide the ones which I'm settled-up with. I should be able to see them all when adding a new expense.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: all our platforms will now automatically hide friends/groups that you have been settled up with for more than 40 days. We also have a filter on mobile at the top of the friends and groups list to show only people you owe or people who owe you.

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, we have a somewhat hidden way to do this already – from the home screen, just tap on the “Total balance” box at the top of the screen, and anyone who’s settled up should disappear. It’s only temporary, but it should help you see who you have balances with at a glance.

18. Add a PIN based authentication during Mobile App launch

My cellphone is within reach to a lot of people and I hate using screen lock. So if the splitwise app is protected with some simple authentication, it would make me feel my account is more secure.

I understand that not everyone would want this extra step, so it could be optional.

The concern arises from the fact that splitwise directly deals with money and it begs to be a more secure platform.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  19. A Notepad in each group.

To keep track of things that we need to buy. Every member of a Group can add/edit the list synced across all devices.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    188 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We have a feature called Whiteboard that would allow you to keep track of things like this. This feature is now available on all platforms!

You can start a Whiteboard from the menu in the header of a group in our mobile apps. Or, from the menu in the right-hand sidebar of a group on the web.

20. Splitting Unequally by shares or % on Android app

I would like to see this feature on the Android app too :) I love that it's been implemented on the web version.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base