General

1. Future settlement plan

If I could use some advance planning feature, like adding next month settlement that I would do.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can already add expenses or payments for the future – just change the date when adding items to Splitwise. They’ll show up in your list of expenses immediately, and be included in your total balance. (We don’t plan to support “pending” future expenses that don’t apply to your total balance, as we think that makes it more difficult to understand at a glance why you owe the amount that you owe.)

2. allow repeating expenses

I'd love to have the option to have an IOU repeat. For example, "rent" is always the same amount and always due the same day so it would be great to not have to enter it manually each month.

BUT your service is great and super useful. Thanks!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can do this already! Just click the “date” button when adding a bill, and you should see an option to have the bill repeat weekly, monthly, or more. Let us know if you have any problems!

3. everything perfect

Very nice app for keeping track of expenses.Especially when you are living with friends on rent it helps to split perfectly.

WONDERFUL IDEA BY THE TEAM

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Keep on being awesome :)

Awesome Tool! Thank you very much!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Statistics

Hey guys,
    nice idea with this new year's statistics.
    Maybe it would be a good (and easy to implement) idea to make this statistics available all the year, with more details. E.g. I would be really interested in how much money I spend for groceries, transportation, holiday, and so on...

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

On the website, you can go to a group or friendship and look for trend in the right hand sidebar. This will give you some basic stats for the month so far in the group. If you click view full trends, you can look at past months.

Marshall

6. Undelete expences feature on wesite

There is a feature on splitwise mobile app to undelete the deleted expences but it is not present on website,see if it can be added on wesite also.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. ADD a button/link to re-send invite

Say I have a group with some one else / some people in it. I have already sent an invite, and it shows as invite pending. Add the option to re-send the invite, in case the person deleted it by accident or just as a reminder to join splitwise again.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. link directly to the new group when you receive an invite notification

Hi! When I receive a notification that someone has added me to a group, and I click "Visit now", I'm directed to my Splitwise homepage, not the specific group. Seems like it would be helpful to be taken directly to the group.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hmm…I just double-checked, and our “added to a group” email already appears to work this way (e.g. when you click the link, it takes you directly to the new group). If you’re experiencing something different, could you forward the email you received to support@splitwise.com, so we can look into it? Thanks!

9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Changing the delete item button

My roommate, being an idiot, will pay me physically then delete the item on splitwise using the red "X" icon. However, this deletes the record, which is problem if it the record involves another of my roommates. I've explained this to him multiple times, but to no avail. Could you move the delete button? Maybe when you click on an item to expand it, you could put the delete button at the bottom of the expansion? In my mind, you should never delete an item unless it was a mistake. So hiding the delete button until you expand an item…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Are you still having this issue? We’re now hiding the delete button until you mouse over it. We also hide expenses whenever your total balance is 0, which should let your friend hide things when he pays for them.

Marshall

11. No suggestion, just praise.

Thank you. This software is awesome. I recently moved in with my girlfriend and we've been struggling to keep track of accounts with a google doc, but this is 100x better. Keep up the good work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. to stop asking the $ or INR every time

If we are from a country then our total dealings will be in the same currency.
    Eg: If I am from India my currency will be INR.

I am every time changing the currency from $ to INR. This is hectic.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Reminders bar to the account view

Add reminders to the app as well along with sending it on the mails. So any point someone has to make to the group should appear on an alert bar on the left always (Probably with changed colors for the checked and new ones).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We actually do have a place for notifications on the website – it’s the flag icon at the upper-left of the screen (next to the Splitwise logo), which turns red any time you have a new notification. It seems like a lot of people are missing that, so we’re planning to tweak the design to try to make it more noticeable.

14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. User required to enter data every time a change is made to the people who will split the bill

Since the bill details are asked first, I enter those details first before selecting the people involved. Once I then select the people involved, the bill details are reset and I have to enter them again.

(Divide a Bill page.. )

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Let me know a way to send you money

Thank you for making Splitwise. This is a fantastic tool that I wish I had when I was sharing a house in college 10 years ago. This is the kind of application I feel like I should pay for! Is there a way I can send you money? Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Aww, thanks a bunch, Mike! We do have a pro version (https://secure.splitwise.com/pro/subscribe) that lets you pay any amount you want for a few extra features, like currency conversion and early access to new features. Splitwise Pro is still pretty basic, so we haven’t pushed it very much, but it’s a great way to support us if you’re feeling generous. And of course, we’re always appreciative when you recommend Splitwise to your friends!

Thanks for the love – it always feels super nice when someone likes what we’re doing :)

17. change focus to the "with who" field when the user clicks "add a bill"

It would be much quicker easier if I could just click "add a bill" then start typing the persons name and tab through the form, rather than have to then click the field first.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I thought we’d done this already, but apparently we forgot to actually release the feature :) The “with you and:” field should now automatically focus when adding a bill from the dashboard or the “All expenses” screen. When you add from the page of a specific friend or group, the description field will automatically focus instead (since the “with” field already contains the current friend/group, and for most bills those are the only people who are added). Hope that helps!

18. Help for new users

I am new to the site, and so are my friends. There should be a video available to understand how to use the site.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Rapsi – you and your friends can upload photos by logging into the website and visiting your user settings page. There, you’ll see a button to upload a picture to use as your avatar.

20. Itemized options

hard to find itemized bill part in the new design.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m not sure if it’s as easy as possible yet, but we’ve settled on the current design at the moment. Please let us know if you still think it’s too hard to find.

Marshall

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base