Skip to content

General

110 results found

1. ADD a button/link to re-send invite

Say I have a group with some one else / some people in it. I have already sent an invite, and it shows as invite pending. Add the option to re-send the invite, in case the person deleted it by accident or just as a reminder to join splitwise again.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  2. Seperate dates for Bill date and entered date

Need to have a field for Bill date and another one for Date the bill is entered. Otherwise anyone entering an expense can bury an expense in older expenses by putting a really old date on the bill.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We actually do this already – we keep track of when a bill was added to our system, separately from the date that is given for the bill. If you’d like to see a list of recent updates to your account, you can visit https://secure.splitwise.com/#/history, and you’ll see a list of all changes in chronological order (ordered by the date they were added).

3. everything perfect

Very nice app for keeping track of expenses.Especially when you are living with friends on rent it helps to split perfectly.

WONDERFUL IDEA BY THE TEAM

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  4. link directly to the new group when you receive an invite notification

Hi! When I receive a notification that someone has added me to a group, and I click "Visit now", I'm directed to my Splitwise homepage, not the specific group. Seems like it would be helpful to be taken directly to the group.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Hmm…I just double-checked, and our “added to a group” email already appears to work this way (e.g. when you click the link, it takes you directly to the new group). If you’re experiencing something different, could you forward the email you received to support@splitwise.com, so we can look into it? Thanks!

5. Undelete expences feature on wesite

There is a feature on splitwise mobile app to undelete the deleted expences but it is not present on website,see if it can be added on wesite also.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Statistics

Hey guys,
    nice idea with this new year's statistics.
    Maybe it would be a good (and easy to implement) idea to make this statistics available all the year, with more details. E.g. I would be really interested in how much money I spend for groceries, transportation, holiday, and so on...

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

On the website, you can go to a group or friendship and look for trend in the right hand sidebar. This will give you some basic stats for the month so far in the group. If you click view full trends, you can look at past months.

Marshall

7. Can't add a pending bill

At the moment you can only add a bill or expense that someone has already paid- what about when you receive a bill that needs paying in the immediate future? You should be able to add this so you can see which bills are scheduled to be paid and who owes what.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already add bills and expenses that are dated to the future – just change the date in the “add bill” form when adding your bill. The “future” bill will be included in your balances immediately, and you’ll be able to see who owes who for that particular expense.

We’ve also thought about an option for future bills that /aren’t/ included in your balance immediately, but decided that it’s an unnecessary feature for most users and would make Splitwise a bit too confusing. If that’s what you were looking for, we’re sorry!

8. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  9. Future settlement plan

If I could use some advance planning feature, like adding next month settlement that I would do.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already add expenses or payments for the future – just change the date when adding items to Splitwise. They’ll show up in your list of expenses immediately, and be included in your total balance. (We don’t plan to support “pending” future expenses that don’t apply to your total balance, as we think that makes it more difficult to understand at a glance why you owe the amount that you owe.)

10. Add a option to Print the expense sheet

An option to print the expense sheet (list of all transactions) for a particular month or a given month range.
    This will allow user to maintain an offline copy and also ease up the further book keeping if required.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are two ways you can do this right now, both from our website:

1) View printable summary – if you use a group on Splitwise, at the top of each month you should see a small link to “View printable summary”. That will open a page with a detailed readable summary of your expenses for the month. (There’s also a dropdown at the top of that page with an option to view all months, if you wish.)

2) Export as spreadsheet – if you click on a friend or group, then click the settings icon at the top of the right-side column, you should see an option to “Export as spreadsheet”. The spreadsheet export isn’t as nicely formatted as the printable summary, but it should have the information you need.

Hope that helps!

11. Dashboard giving graph

Using ElasticSearch we can add real time management for a user.
    Suppose, some transactions happened for one week. But the person really doesn't cannot analyse for the previous week. <Make it as an add-on>

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: this is now available on the web for Pro users under Charts in the account menu in the upper right corner.

We’ve actually been playing with a balance-over-time graph as a Pro feature – we agree that it’s a nice addition :) We hope to make that available soon!

12. Changing the delete item button

My roommate, being an idiot, will pay me physically then delete the item on splitwise using the red "X" icon. However, this deletes the record, which is problem if it the record involves another of my roommates. I've explained this to him multiple times, but to no avail. Could you move the delete button? Maybe when you click on an item to expand it, you could put the delete button at the bottom of the expansion? In my mind, you should never delete an item unless it was a mistake. So hiding the delete button until you expand an item…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Are you still having this issue? We’re now hiding the delete button until you mouse over it. We also hide expenses whenever your total balance is 0, which should let your friend hide things when he pays for them.

Marshall

13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow to add a new member while editiing expenses

1)Edit an expense
    2)click on split equally
    3) Try to add a new member in the bill

IT cannot be done because the current transaction involves only selected people.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

If you’d like to add an existing friend to a bill, just click the “With you and:” field at the top of the “Edit bill” form and add that person’s name. (If you’re trying to invite an entirely new person, there’s a bug in the form that prevents this, but we’re hoping to fix that issue soon.) Hope that helps!

16. change focus to the "with who" field when the user clicks "add a bill"

It would be much quicker easier if I could just click "add a bill" then start typing the persons name and tab through the form, rather than have to then click the field first.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I thought we’d done this already, but apparently we forgot to actually release the feature :) The “with you and:” field should now automatically focus when adding a bill from the dashboard or the “All expenses” screen. When you add from the page of a specific friend or group, the description field will automatically focus instead (since the “with” field already contains the current friend/group, and for most bills those are the only people who are added). Hope that helps!

17. Discussion board for groups

Can we have a discussion area for groups where we can have conversations?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Better way to add people

I like the new way of adding bills. I have one feedback though.. I would prefer to add people to a bill by looking at existing friends in my list but I dont think there is a way to do that in this new design

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. A bug with adding people to a bill

Hi,

I first add the expense details (amount and description) to the app. I then select people to add to a bill.

The expense details are reset after I add the people and I need to enter it again. This is really annoying because the flow is always as described in the above para.

Please fix it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base