General

1. Periodic email updates of amounts owing

If this service were to suddenly disappear (please no!) I would have little idea of how much money people owe me or vice versa. I could be left out of pocket $100s of dollars. It would be nice if you could elect to receive periodic summaries via email of amounts owing between all of your friends (weekly, monthly etc.). This way you wouldn't have to go as far back if something were to happen to your data.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Clayton – we do send out monthly summaries by default, detailing your spending for the past month and your total balances. You can turn that option on or off from your user settings page.

We’re also considering adding a weekly summary option, so if that’s something you’re interested in, let us know!

2. if it is not completely settlement then it allow u to enter how much money is settled and how much is left

I am using this and sometime we had a problem beacuse everytime we don't settle completely so please add a option if it is not full settlement then how much is settled and how much is left

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Notifications

Notifications should be shown in website too. Some where in Dashboard or in the navbar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. to view individual expenses in a bar graph as there was earlier

I can't see the feature which shows bar graph of an individual expenses. This feature was there 6 months back but I can't find it now.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Do you mean the bar graph of your balances with all friends, or the monthly pie chart of expenses?

You can view the bar graph of your balances by going to the dashboard and clicking the “view as chart” button in the middle of the page.

You can view the monthly pie chart by going to any friend or group, clicking the “trends” button at the top of the right-hand sidebar, and then clicking “View full charts” at the bottom of the right-hand sidebar.

Hope that helps! Email us at support@splitwise.com if you’re still having trouble, or if I’ve misunderstood your request.

5. create options for paid support version

I love Splitwise and would hate to see it languish or go under for lack of revenue. I'd be prepared to pay $15-20 per year for the base service as it is now.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Reduce the number of keystrokes it takes to choose a friend (or friends) to share expenses with.

I find the number of keystrokes to get to a friend disconcerting. First I have to partially type their name, then choose which person I want. I'd like to be able to see their name on the main page and just click them to start with

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A bug with adding people to a bill

Hi,

I first add the expense details (amount and description) to the app. I then select people to add to a bill.

The expense details are reset after I add the people and I need to enter it again. This is really annoying because the flow is always as described in the above para.

Please fix it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add itemized bill editing in the new design

Please add the itemized billing in the new design.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow participants in a transaction to be edited

It should be possible to edit participants after a transaction has been created. Deleting and recreating the transaction is a pain.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. make it easy to see all expenses ever

Sometimes I want to go way back in the expense history without needing to keep clicking "see more" I just want to see them all in like a csv or something. It might also be nice to be able to see certain types of expenses, like all the ones marked as "rent" or "utilities".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow to add a new member while editiing expenses

1)Edit an expense
    2)click on split equally
    3) Try to add a new member in the bill

IT cannot be done because the current transaction involves only selected people.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’d like to add an existing friend to a bill, just click the “With you and:” field at the top of the “Edit bill” form and add that person’s name. (If you’re trying to invite an entirely new person, there’s a bug in the form that prevents this, but we’re hoping to fix that issue soon.) Hope that helps!

12. Make the Recurring Label Smaller

Maybe just an R? It gets cut off.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. have a bill that can be split amongst others.

For example, I pay $10 for something, but it was for my two roommates, so they each split that bill and pay $5 each. Currently, I have to enter it so we each pay $3.33, which really doesn't work for us.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already do this, actually :) On the web “add bill” form, click “split equally” to open the split details screen, and then uncheck the box next to your own name to remove yourself from owing any part of the bill.

If you’re still having trouble, let us know at support@splitwise.com and we’d be glad to help.

14. Option to add more people to a bill in the new design

Where is the option to add more than one person to a bill outside a group in the new design?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Plates icon shows a small line when hovered.

I think you need to adjust text-decoration for the anchor tag that carries the Plates icon on the Splitwise dashboard, web.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Don't show pairwise balances owed for groups

I much much much prefer the older interface where it would show how much everyone owed the group / was owed by the group, rather than how much I supposedly owe other people or are owed by other people. Please revert back to the old view, or give me an option to do so.

I !!!DO NOT WANT!!! to have to go back to the world of debt shuffling that I had with billmonk. These changes make me more likely to switch back to billmonk.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

That option still exists – it’s called “simplified debt”, and it sounds like it was probably turned off in your group. Just visit your group’s page on the web, click the “view full details” link at the bottom of the list of balances, and you’ll see a toggle to turn simplified debt on and off.

Hope that helps! If you’re still having trouble, email us at support@splitwise.com and we’ll help you sort it out.

17. Add tool tip for the graphic icons in the splitting window

Adding tool tip gives more clarity. The icons are good, but not completely clear.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add Bill: Reinstate the ability to select members of a group via checkbox

The most common bills that I have are split with a subset of the members of my house. Instead of remembering who exactly I want to split a bill with, I need to be able to go down the list and check the people that apply. The old interface did this well, the new one does not. Since you've now removed the ability to get back to the old interface, there is no way of doing this except for manually typing out partial names for everyone I want to add. (~4-5 people every time)

Additionally, reinstate the ability to use…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

All these things are already in the new form, actually :) If you click on the “split equally” link in the new interface, the window that slides out should let you check and uncheck members on an equal expense, as well as choose any of the other unequal split methods that we supported on the old form.

If you’re still having trouble, email us at support@splitwise.com and let us know – we’d be more than happy to help.

19. Show email address of friend on desktop site

I have 2-3 friends with name "Amit", to know which Amit is who, I need to see the details of friend, on Desktop site, I am not seeing email Id of my friend.

This is causing confusion. Though in mobile app, email id of friend is being displayed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. improve the entering of 'itemized bills'.. new layout is not comfortable to use for itemized bills.

improve the entering of 'itemized bills'.. new layout is not comfortable to use for itemized bills.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base