General

1. Show historical who owes whom what data

I'd like to be able to prove to my roommates that the numbers on Splitwise reflect an accurate picture of how much we owe each other. Typically there is a point in time at which we all agree that the numbers were correct on splitwise (e.g. right before a new person joins the group, right before a big purchase, etc.), but we're less confident that everything's been entered since that point. So I'd like to be able to click a transaction in the list, and then click "Show me what the numbers looked like right after this item posted". Then…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I definitely sympathize – piecing together why someone owes what they owe can be really difficult, especially when it involves lots of old expenses. I’ll pass on the suggestion, but for now, if you’re using a group, you might want to try the “view printable summary” option on our website (which you can find by going to a group, then clicking the “view printable summary” link at the top of each month’s expenses). The printable summary gives you a basic version of your suggested feature: it shows your balance at the beginning of a month, then each individual expense for the month, and then your balance at the end of the month.

If you like Excel, you could also try the “Export to spreadsheet” option on the web (select a group, then click the settings icon at the top of the right sidebar, then choose “Export as spreadsheet”). It’s not…

2. UI design tweak - "Are you sure?" confirmation popup before discarding yet-to-be-added bills.

I click "Add a bill", start filling up the details. I accidentally click "Esc", which discards the popup in its entirety with all the details I filled (especially sad when this happens for Itemized bills).

A simple popup "This bill hasn't been added yet, are you sure you want to discard?" would be a much loved (at least by me :))

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Oh no, sorry for the trouble! I can definitely see how this would prevent some accidents :) I’ll add it to our list of possible web improvements – I don’t think we’re planning much web work in the very near future, but hopefully soon!

3. Add another bill

Add "Save and add another bill" next to the "Save" button in the "Add a bill" modal.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Should allow sending invites to friends of friends

When I see a transaction of which I am part of, I should be able to directly invite other people in that transaction.

It's probable that I want to add them to another bill but at the moment I have to invite them by their email id's (which might turn out to be different from the one they use for splitwise)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make the 'final' amounts that group members owe each other far more obvious than the amount that you have 'lent' each group member.

As above.
    Once all the group members have joined and the receipts have been added, the amount 'lent' by each group member to the individual payees is FAR MORE OBVIOUS than the final 'balance' that you owe. Why do you have to click or hover the cursor over your name on the right hand side to see this balance. It's not the first thing that your eye is drawn to.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! Just trying to make sure I understand your feedback correctly – are you talking about the right-hand sidebar on the group screen, which lists each group member and their balance?

When looking at a group, we’ve generally found that people prefer to view the total balances of each group member, rather than the specific amount that each person owes you. I know that different people have different personal preferences, though, so sorry if that’s throwing you off!

I don’t think we’re likely to change which number is displayed there in the near future, but I’ll pass on your message and see if there are any tweaks we can think of to make this clearer. Again, apologies for the confusion!

6. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Chrome extension

Most people open famous web apps through extensions.
    So it would be great if you build an extension for splitwise as this would really support browser users

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Monthly billing

Me and my roommates settle up our bills at the end of each month. Would like option to see monthly billing, so that we can settle bills for each month and not carry over.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, you might try clicking the “view printable summary” link at the top of each month – it should give you a summary of bills for just that month.

9. Remove balance settlements sector from the trends pie chart

When the balance settlements are displayed in the recent activity page , Its warranted there. Though at the trends chart, where the expenses of the month are shown in a graphic form these same balance settlements distort the complete pie chart.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make reimbursements look different than charges

I got a rewards credit on my credit card statement, and since it was for joint charges, i wanted to split that extra $25 with him - aka he now owes me $12.50 less than before and I owe him $12.50 less. But nothing after the "create bill" screen makes the bill look like a credit and I'm having to do math manually to make sure it worked. Perhaps if reimbursements looked different than negative bills it would be easier to track these?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the confusion! You’re definitely right that reimbursements aren’t presented very well…they’re a pretty rarely used feature, so we haven’t had a chance to give them much love yet. I’ll add this to our list of possible improvements for future updates – until then, apologies for the inconvenience!

11. Itemized Bills should not show Tax and Tips in comments if they are all zeros

Whenever I enter new Itemized Bill, in comments it always display the details which is really good except the fact that Tax and Tips still show up even though they are all zeros.
    I would like to request an improvement which would only allow Tax and Tips to appear on comments if they are having atleast one non zero value.

Great Site! Really Helpful.

Thanks

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Automatic mail trigger for settlement

Automatic mail should be trigger to me inorder remain me for settlement. the remainder mail can be monthly or weekly or biweekly based on the setup done by the user

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

By default, Splitwise sends a monthly summary email to all users, telling them about the expenses that have been added this month and reminding them how much they owe. We’ve talked about adding an option to receive this email weekly, but I’m not sure if/when that will happen.

13. Splitwise travel calculator. More than 14 days please!

Just add a few more days to make the calculator more usable.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Integration with Amazon Dash buttons?

My roommate and I both use items that are purchased through my Amazon Prime Dash buttons, it would be nice not to have to keep track of how many times they've been pressed and auto load into splitwise!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Drag and Drop feature and each person's bill history

Hey u guys are doing a great job! It wud be great if u can add drag and drop feature for any bill added so that we can place it or remove it from any group. Secondly there's no way to list down all bills added by a person in particular. It lists all the bills he/she is included. If u can add these 2 features, it would be great! Thanks!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestions! I can see how drag-and-drop would be useful, as well as a better summary of the bills added by an individual person – I’ll pass on those ideas at our next team meeting :)

16. add the total of the "total cost" column on the monthly summaries.

It would be really useful to track total group spending, for budgeting etc.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Are you referring to the monthly email summary, or the printable monthly summary from our website? We’ve been thinking about how/where to display total spending recently, so we’ll probably add some version of this feature later this spring or summer :)

17. List view: "Recurring" label not visible on longer entries

In list view, if the text of the bill / entry is longer than ca. 30 characters, it gets truncated with a "..." at the end. Since the "recurring" label (as well as the chat / notes label and the attachment / photo label) get appended at the end of the bill title, they end up being not visible for longer bill titles.

IMHO all this would be solved nicely if all these labels (recurring, chat / comment, attachment / photo) would be added in a separate row under the bill title.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add kittens to the web app!

This is pretty silly and probably more complex than it seems but it would be awesome if you added kittens to the web app somewhere. Unless you have and I've missed them...

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hide data in printable summary in which i am not involved

Hi Team,

Please also hide data in which i am not involved in printable summary.

Thanks in advanced

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll pass on the suggestion! I think the reason we don’t do this right now is in order to help people find mistakes – for example, sometimes there’s a bill you SHOULD have been included on, but you weren’t for some reason, and including that bill in the printable summary makes that easier to find.

20. To have Pie Chart for Dashboard Chart View

Currently we have Bar Chart. I would be better if we have Pie Chart Over there. It will be convenient for Viewing also.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base