Skip to content

General

208 results found

1. Allow Manual Date Entry without Calendar Picker

I think it would be much easier if the date field in an expense allowed you to type the date, in a format such as MM/DD (defaulting to current year) or even MM/DD/YYYY, instead of requiring the use of the date picker. Having to use my mouse and click in the date picker slows me down when adding a lot of expenses.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Custom Labels

Been using your app for a while now, it's pretty sweet!

Thought it might be cool to be able to add my own custom labels to bills. Similar to the 'Recurring' labels that automatically gets added to bills. That way I would be able to mark bills as 'Paid' or add other useful information that is relevant to my room mates and should be visible at a glance.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Interesting – I can see how this would be useful. I’ll add it to our list of possible future updates. For the time being, you could try using the “Notes” field to accomplish something similar, though obviously it’s a bit more buried (you’d need to click on each expense to view its “labels”).

3. Itemized Bills should not show Tax and Tips in comments if they are all zeros

Whenever I enter new Itemized Bill, in comments it always display the details which is really good except the fact that Tax and Tips still show up even though they are all zeros.
    I would like to request an improvement which would only allow Tax and Tips to appear on comments if they are having atleast one non zero value.

Great Site! Really Helpful.

Thanks

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  4. Monthly billing

Me and my roommates settle up our bills at the end of each month. Would like option to see monthly billing, so that we can settle bills for each month and not carry over.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, you might try clicking the “view printable summary” link at the top of each month – it should give you a summary of bills for just that month.

5. Chrome extension

Most people open famous web apps through extensions.
    So it would be great if you build an extension for splitwise as this would really support browser users

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  6. Show contacts that have a balance with a different color.

Why not show the little person icon next to the friends name with a color? Red if you owe them, Green if they owe you? Sometimes you want so see who owe you money individually and I have to go through each contact to see if they owe me or not.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We actually tested this at one point and thought that it ended up looking too distracting, but it might be worth reconsidering. I’ll pass on a note about this. In the meantime, you can always get a list of everyone who you have a balance with from the Dashboard screen. Apologies for any inconvenience!

7. Reauthorize Venmo

It makes me re-athorize with Venmo each time? Instead of just storing the credentials? A bit annoying when trying to batch-settle up

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Brian,

Fair enough, and sorry for the trouble. Eventually, you won’t have to re-authorize each time. It will probably be a few months before allow anyone to store a payment credential but we love the idea.

Cheers,
    Jon

8. Adding EdenRed/Sodexo coupons in the website.

Dear Team,
    Please consider adding EdenRed/Sodexo coupons column along with money as many people in India get EdenRed/Sodexo coupons as a part of their salary.
    Would love to see a reply for my suggestion

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Just to clarify, is the suggestion adding them as a “currency” or as a payment method (ala PayPal)? Are they denominated in points, or in INR, or some other currency?

Cheers,
    Jon

9. Hide data in printable summary in which i am not involved

Hi Team,

Please also hide data in which i am not involved in printable summary.

Thanks in advanced

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I’ll pass on the suggestion! I think the reason we don’t do this right now is in order to help people find mistakes – for example, sometimes there’s a bill you SHOULD have been included on, but you weren’t for some reason, and including that bill in the printable summary makes that easier to find.

10. support item in itemized bill 'consumed' by X, but paid for by person(s) Y, Z

Every friday, I organize a group dinner. Frequently, people attend who are in a relationship. Sometimes, even non-monogamous (poly) relationships.

It would be really awesome if I could enter an itemized bill in this way:

item, cost, participants
    eggrolls, 8.00, Janet, Steve, Tim, April
    pad thai, 10.00, Janet
    basil chicken, 10.00, Steve
    fried chicken over fried rice, 10.00, Tim

Tax: 8.75%
    Tip: 20.00%

People pay for another:
    Janet: paid for by Steve, Tim

and thus get this break down:
    egg rolls: $3.00 for steve, $3.00 for tim, $2.00 for april
    pad thai: $5.00 for steve, $5.00 for tim

and then…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I can see how this would be useful for group dinners and such. We haven’t worked on our itemized bill form for a while, as it’s a pretty infrequently used feature on Splitwise, but I’ll pass on your suggestion and add it to our list of possible improvements.

11. Make the 'final' amounts that group members owe each other far more obvious than the amount that you have 'lent' each group member.

As above.
    Once all the group members have joined and the receipts have been added, the amount 'lent' by each group member to the individual payees is FAR MORE OBVIOUS than the final 'balance' that you owe. Why do you have to click or hover the cursor over your name on the right hand side to see this balance. It's not the first thing that your eye is drawn to.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! Just trying to make sure I understand your feedback correctly – are you talking about the right-hand sidebar on the group screen, which lists each group member and their balance?

When looking at a group, we’ve generally found that people prefer to view the total balances of each group member, rather than the specific amount that each person owes you. I know that different people have different personal preferences, though, so sorry if that’s throwing you off!

I don’t think we’re likely to change which number is displayed there in the near future, but I’ll pass on your message and see if there are any tweaks we can think of to make this clearer. Again, apologies for the confusion!

12. Integration with Amazon Dash buttons?

My roommate and I both use items that are purchased through my Amazon Prime Dash buttons, it would be nice not to have to keep track of how many times they've been pressed and auto load into splitwise!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. To have Pie Chart for Dashboard Chart View

Currently we have Bar Chart. I would be better if we have Pie Chart Over there. It will be convenient for Viewing also.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  14. Printable Summary for NonGroup Expenses

Like a printable summary for each separate group, is it possible to get a printable summary for non-group expenses

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll add this to our list of possible features for the future. For now, you could try exporting a spreadsheet from the friend screen – you can only do it for one friend at a time, but it’ll list all of your non-group expenses with that particular person.

15. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thanks for the clear suggestion. Makes sense to me, but also probably slow for large accounts.

Leaving open / under review to see how many other folks want to vote for it.

Best,
    Jon

16. List view: "Recurring" label not visible on longer entries

In list view, if the text of the bill / entry is longer than ca. 30 characters, it gets truncated with a "..." at the end. Since the "recurring" label (as well as the chat / notes label and the attachment / photo label) get appended at the end of the bill title, they end up being not visible for longer bill titles.

IMHO all this would be solved nicely if all these labels (recurring, chat / comment, attachment / photo) would be added in a separate row under the bill title.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Double check your special character parsing on notes

When I add the following smiley face symbol to a comment, the text following the '<' is not rendered, along with the '<' itself:

_<

The '<' symbol and all text following are not rendered.

Thanks for building an awesome product!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  18. Add another bill

Add "Save and add another bill" next to the "Save" button in the "Add a bill" modal.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sync with Gmail contacts when entering email addresses for a group

When I create a group, I should be able to access Gmail contacts when I enter their addresses

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sending a reminder to the entire group makes sense, and we’re planning on adding push notifications at some point (though probably not text message notifications). Thanks for the suggestions!

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base