Skip to content

General

186 results found

1. Adding EdenRed/Sodexo coupons in the website.

Dear Team,
    Please consider adding EdenRed/Sodexo coupons column along with money as many people in India get EdenRed/Sodexo coupons as a part of their salary.
    Would love to see a reply for my suggestion

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Just to clarify, is the suggestion adding them as a “currency” or as a payment method (ala PayPal)? Are they denominated in points, or in INR, or some other currency?

Cheers,
    Jon

2. Hide data in printable summary in which i am not involved

Hi Team,

Please also hide data in which i am not involved in printable summary.

Thanks in advanced

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I’ll pass on the suggestion! I think the reason we don’t do this right now is in order to help people find mistakes – for example, sometimes there’s a bill you SHOULD have been included on, but you weren’t for some reason, and including that bill in the printable summary makes that easier to find.

3. support item in itemized bill 'consumed' by X, but paid for by person(s) Y, Z

Every friday, I organize a group dinner. Frequently, people attend who are in a relationship. Sometimes, even non-monogamous (poly) relationships.

It would be really awesome if I could enter an itemized bill in this way:

item, cost, participants
    eggrolls, 8.00, Janet, Steve, Tim, April
    pad thai, 10.00, Janet
    basil chicken, 10.00, Steve
    fried chicken over fried rice, 10.00, Tim

Tax: 8.75%
    Tip: 20.00%

People pay for another:
    Janet: paid for by Steve, Tim

and thus get this break down:
    egg rolls: $3.00 for steve, $3.00 for tim, $2.00 for april
    pad thai: $5.00 for steve, $5.00 for tim

and then…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I can see how this would be useful for group dinners and such. We haven’t worked on our itemized bill form for a while, as it’s a pretty infrequently used feature on Splitwise, but I’ll pass on your suggestion and add it to our list of possible improvements.

4. Make the 'final' amounts that group members owe each other far more obvious than the amount that you have 'lent' each group member.

As above.
    Once all the group members have joined and the receipts have been added, the amount 'lent' by each group member to the individual payees is FAR MORE OBVIOUS than the final 'balance' that you owe. Why do you have to click or hover the cursor over your name on the right hand side to see this balance. It's not the first thing that your eye is drawn to.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! Just trying to make sure I understand your feedback correctly – are you talking about the right-hand sidebar on the group screen, which lists each group member and their balance?

When looking at a group, we’ve generally found that people prefer to view the total balances of each group member, rather than the specific amount that each person owes you. I know that different people have different personal preferences, though, so sorry if that’s throwing you off!

I don’t think we’re likely to change which number is displayed there in the near future, but I’ll pass on your message and see if there are any tweaks we can think of to make this clearer. Again, apologies for the confusion!

5. Integration with Amazon Dash buttons?

My roommate and I both use items that are purchased through my Amazon Prime Dash buttons, it would be nice not to have to keep track of how many times they've been pressed and auto load into splitwise!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. To have Pie Chart for Dashboard Chart View

Currently we have Bar Chart. I would be better if we have Pie Chart Over there. It will be convenient for Viewing also.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  7. Printable Summary for NonGroup Expenses

Like a printable summary for each separate group, is it possible to get a printable summary for non-group expenses

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll add this to our list of possible features for the future. For now, you could try exporting a spreadsheet from the friend screen – you can only do it for one friend at a time, but it’ll list all of your non-group expenses with that particular person.

8. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thanks for the clear suggestion. Makes sense to me, but also probably slow for large accounts.

Leaving open / under review to see how many other folks want to vote for it.

Best,
    Jon

9. List view: "Recurring" label not visible on longer entries

In list view, if the text of the bill / entry is longer than ca. 30 characters, it gets truncated with a "..." at the end. Since the "recurring" label (as well as the chat / notes label and the attachment / photo label) get appended at the end of the bill title, they end up being not visible for longer bill titles.

IMHO all this would be solved nicely if all these labels (recurring, chat / comment, attachment / photo) would be added in a separate row under the bill title.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Double check your special character parsing on notes

When I add the following smiley face symbol to a comment, the text following the '<' is not rendered, along with the '<' itself:

_<

The '<' symbol and all text following are not rendered.

Thanks for building an awesome product!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  11. Add another bill

Add "Save and add another bill" next to the "Save" button in the "Add a bill" modal.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sending a reminder to the entire group makes sense, and we’re planning on adding push notifications at some point (though probably not text message notifications). Thanks for the suggestions!

13. update pdf summaries of the months

the pdf summaries don't include rollover payments from previous months (if my roommates still owe me money last month it won't show effectively when looking at the pdf this month). also it says i owe my roommate when she actually paid me back for things she owes me for. the site is great, but if i ever needed to print out the pdf it would be all wrong.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow a bill to send email notification to all involved

I see that you don't want to spam by enabling email notifications by default, but what if you allow the bill creator to check a box saying "notify all involved in this bill," and when you send the email, say "User X asked us to send this to you" (or something to that effect).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This a decent suggestion – I’ll pass it on, though I’m not sure it’ll get on the roadmap in the near future. We tend to err on the side of caution, because when we send emails without users’ permission, we often get flagged as spam or have to deal with angry replies :( But this makes sense, and would definitely be useful.

15. Debt Balancing

Debt simplification is awesome, but can get out of hand when people don't pay back their debts as the money can end up getting funneled to one person.

For example:
    In our situation we have a group for our apartment. We take advantage of splitwise so that people can easily buy things for other people and know its covered. We also have a recurring payment for rent which is paid by to one person (A) who then pays the bill itself. At the end of each month if everyone zeros out it's perfect. However if someone (B) comes up short…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve generally been careful not to add more features to debt simplification, since it already confuses a lot of people, but I’ll pass on this suggestion and see what the team thinks. Thanks for the idea!

16. to give a added feature of getting monthly expence made by each person after or before the settlement.

this features helps us to track our monthly expenses individually. And also the group expenses spent monthly. That is if I add a bill the flow should go on as it is working now additionally there should be extra feature which keeps individual expenses which should be highlighted in our profile. And after settlements also it should get adjusted automatically then individual person can know how much he has spent for a month. For example :
    in a group of 3, all will be adding there bills but there is be no indication of individual expense, so by adding this…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  17. Attachments

Allow downloading of attachments on the web version along with the excel file

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make "Simplify Debts" not hidden under "advanced options" on the group creation page

Currently, on the new group creation page (splitwise.com/groups/new), you must click "advanced options" before seeing the "Simplify Debts" toggle. Because it's not readily visible, I've seen several fellow users forget to turn simplify on when they meant to.

Also, it seems a bit redundant to have an advanced options link since the simplify toggle is currently the only option.

I understand why simplify is buried in the settings after the group is created (to prevent members from toggling too frequently and confusing the rest of the group), but it doesn't seem this is an issue during the creation phase.

If…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Hey Ian – thanks for the feedback! I definitely understand where you’re coming from, though figuring out how much to prioritize “simplify debts” has been an ongoing question for us, and we’ve tried it a lot of different ways over time. Even with its current semi-hidden placement, there are a significant number of people who turn it on without fully understanding what it does, and who then email us about their balances “not adding up correctly”.

Still, we hope to keep improving on it! We have some ideas that might help explain it better to the people who get confused, and we’ll probably be trying some of those out early next year. Moving the placement of the setting might be part of that process. In the meantime, apologies for the trouble!

19. right bar

make the gear icon at the top right not look disabled when it's not selected

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. add increase/decrease buttons next to shares number fields

Every time I use this feature I think about how nice it would be to not touch the keyboard while increasing shares ;)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base