Skip to content

General

110 results found

1. Insert a grand total for all expenses for a group

It would be nice to see a grand total of all expenses for individual groups. I realize this can be done by exporting the data then adding it up, but it just seems like an inefficient process that can be eliminated by inserting a simple sum function.

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    12 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Group totals exist as a feature on both iOS and Android, and on the website, you can see totals in a group by going to “View printable summary” from the month header above your expenses in the list, and choosing “all time” as the date range on the top right corner.

2. Deleting or Hiding Groups

I Know that you Guys are working on this issues.
    I presume that you are working on Hiding Groups instead of Deleting them.

What i wanna suggest is that if you can provide both the options, Deleting & Hididng, it would be good.
    But Deleting should be done only after all the users in that group are Settled Up.

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Update: we now hide groups that have been settled up for at least 40 days. You can also still delete groups.

We’d definitely like a better way to handle the closing/hiding of groups, besides just deleting the group entirely. We’ve got a lot on our to-do list, but we’re hoping to add this feature in the not-too-distant future :)

3. Update email notification

I have subscribed to Email notifications for changes made to expenses.
    When my friend updates an expense, I get a email notification like "Car wash: $12.95' updated by Jack Maynes. A friend just updated ‘car wash’ in the shared tab ‘Toyota Camry’." The problem is that I do not know the transaction details before he updated it. Once he updates the transaction, I have no way of finding out what the value of the transaction was before he updated it.
    For example, if he updates the Car Wash from $22.95 to $12.95, you message only informs me of the new…

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  4. What else is in Splitwise pro?

I want to see if there are extra things useful to me in Splitwise Pro, but it doesn't seem to do very well selling me the features.

Is there a details page where I can read about other features?

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  5. history - logs

There is no way to see all the history (what if someone edited the amount later on?)

1) I should be able to see all modification done to a transaction
    2) I should be able to see the entire logs of the group (what if a transaction is deleted)
    3) I should be able set a settlement or freeze account thing, so that any new addition are a fresh start and modification to historic data would not influence current settlement , something like starting on fresh excel sheet.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

There is now a recent activity tab which will show you any changes since the last time you looked. There are also detailed comments that get added to expenses when they get changed so you can see what is different.

Marshall

6. Simplify debts for people not in groups

we love this site and the relates applications both in iOS and android. But what i feel missing is a simpler way shuffle debts between friends that are not in a single group. The simplify debts feature between a group s good and understandable that people know each other, but for expenses that were not added to a group can not be shuffled. Please add a feature where you can shuffle amounts between a group of people.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We actually have a “simplify debts” feature that lets you do a one-time shuffle with friends – it’s on the user settings page under “Advanced features”. We consider it a power-user feature (since it changes people’s balances in a way that can be more difficult to understand than within-group debt simplification), so we don’t encourage most people to use it, but it’s available if you want it!

7. Show a specific expense for the last X months in Spending breakdown

For example, i would like to see how much we are spending on groceries for the last 6 months. Or how much i spent on gas for the past year.
    Some bills aren't monthly, and the current view (which adds a lot

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Jonathan,

If you upgrade to Splitwise Pro you can do this. If you’re interested head to your Account Settings page on the web. It’s pay-what-you-want.

Cheers, Zoe

8. Export to excel

There shall be an option of exporting the balances to excel in a similar way as "detailed statement of bank account".

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  9. allow groups to be organized into a folder structure so that you can "hide" a bunch from the list.

So you could have a folder for "past trips" and minimize them. For example. (hi!!)

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Our mobile apps now hide settled up groups after 7 days with no activity.

You can also tap the filter icon in your group’s tab and choose to only view “Groups with outstanding balances”.

10. Monthly email reminders

I like the function to email people in the group to remind them to settle up. Our rent is due on a certain day every month. It would be great if there was a setting to select this settle up email to go out automatically on a certain day each month.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

By default, there’s a monthly summary email that goes out to all users on the first of the month. You can also set up an automatic reminder email for a specific bill by going into the date settings for that bill – click on the date, then choose a repeat interval, and you should see an option for sending a reminder in advance.

Hope that helps! If you’re looking for something different, or if I’ve misunderstood your suggestion, let us know at support@splitwise.com – we’d love to hear your thoughts :)

11. Send message to the group/friend in the group

We should be able to send a message to the group/friend which is visible to them as a notification/ pop up when they login

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

You can add comments to expenses, which show up in the recent activity feed when your friend opens the app next. If they have push notification or email notifications for comments turned on, they will also receive one of those.

Marshall

12. My share & expenses

The "view printable summary" in a group link shows some numbers which IMO are pretty useless.
    What anyone expects is:
    1) How much is my share?
    2) How much money did I pay?
    These two important questions are not answered at all by the numbers from the summary. Not only are they not answered but they cannot even be derived from the numbers in the summary rendering it useless.

Either the group or the summary should display these two parameters. As an example of what I expect and would be most convenient to all, check this image:
    http://postimg.org/image/tw2zbwplt/

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

You can view the total you paid for and your share of expenses in groups in our mobile apps.

On iOS, tap ‘Totals’ in the horizontal menu.

On Android, tap the menu icon in the upper right corner and then tap ‘View group totals’

13. Invite Friends

Whenever I invite a new friend for whom I have multiple contact methods they all show up in the autocomplete search box. That's confusing because I don't want to invite my friend at the wrong address. Can you set it up so that I can pick which phone number or address to use? You could insert smaller grey text after the friend's name.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This should be possible on all platforms. If you’re still seeing this problem somewhere, please open a ticket. It’s also possible to invite friends by phone number as well, though the web app does not support this very well.

14. Recognize gmail addresses with or without periods

My friend invited me to Splitwise using my gmail address xxx.y.z.x@gmail.com. When I tried to log in using xxxyzx@gmail.com (same address, but Google lets us put periods for easier dictation and understanding), Splitwise did not recognize this as the same account. Confused, I created a separate account using the email address without periods, only to find that now I have two Splitwise accounts. Having the ability to add multiple emails would also address this issue.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: sorry for the delay! We now handle this correctly.

Definitely a good suggestion – we’ve had similar confusion with “@gmail.com” vs “@googlemail.com” in the UK and some other territories. We hope to add support for multiple emails later this summer, and better support for Gmail specifically.

15. Show total expense by each member in a group

Sometimes it will be best if you show that "Vikram Spent 350£ total in this group". This will exclude only my expense, not what I paid for others.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Zoe responded

Good news – we do offer this. To access this info on the web:
    1. Open group
    2. Click ‘trends’ button on the right
    Hope that helps! Cheers

16. Allow user to download/backup their transaction history in excel or pdf

Allow user to download/backup their transaction history in excel or pdf

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

You can download a .csv version of your expenses with any friend or group – just visit that page on the web, click the settings/gear icon next to their name, and choose “Export to spreadsheet”.

You can also download monthly PDF summaries for groups by clicking the “view as PDF” link in each month’s header.

17. use the facebook and google login icons

I didn't see the "login with facebook/google" buttons. they would have caught my eye if they had been the standard facebook/google login icons.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow users to filter transactions by their name

In a large group, it is difficult to see which transactions you paid for. You need to scroll back through all the transactions to find the specific transaction you are looking for, and even this doesn't quite solve the use case. It would be nice to select a user to see all the transactions he/she recorded (or, optionally, were involved in).

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  19. Add the ability to hide transactions I'm not involved in

When looking at a group on Splitwise I'd like to be able to hide transactions that I'm not a part of. When part of a large group there are quite a few transactions that just clutter the feed.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Matt – if you open your group and click on the gear/settings icon at the top of the right-hand sidebar, you should see an option to “hide items not involving me”. That feature can be a little finicky (if you load more expenses, it sometimes resets), but we’re hoping to improve it more in the future.

20. Third party loans

I have a group with members A (me), B and C. How do I enter a loan from B to C using Splitwise (I am not involved in the transaction).

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there! Splitwise only allows you to add loans between two other people if all three of you are in a group together. In that case, you can start by adding a bill with you and your two friends, then change the payer to B, and then change the “split equally” options so that only C is involved in the split. Hope that helps!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base