Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Save unequal split settings

I always pay 2/3 and roommate pays 1/3 (i sublet one of the rooms, but think couples). % split is great but would be nice not to have to type 66.67 and 33.33 every time.

1,679 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Search expenses!

You're building a great site, and you guys are quite responsive to feedback. Congratulations!

Is there a way to search the expense history by keyword? It's such a basic feature that I just assumed it exists somewhere, but after looking around for a while I think it's missing as of now. It would be great if I can search by keywords such as say "grocery", or sort by category, or sort by persons involved etc.

974 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Search is Pro feature. With Pro, you will find the option to search expenses by keyword by tapping on the magnifying glass icon in our mobile apps. Or, via the dropdown menu by your name on our website.

You can sign up for Pro in our apps by going to the Account tab in iOS or the top left menu on Android, or by going directly to https://secure.splitwise.com/pro/subscribe.

3. Windows Phone app

The smartphone ecosystem is getting wider now with Windows Phone...it would be very nice if you had an app in the Windows Marketplace as well, like you have for iPhone and Android. Thanks!

326 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Splitwise-the-company is a bit too small to build our own Windows Phone app right now, unfortunately. (We’re only a few engineers, and we’ve already got our hands full with iPhone, Android, and web!) However, there are now three 3rd party Windows Phone apps: “Splittr”, “Centwise”, and “Split It”. They are not created by Splitwise, but act as a Splitwise client.

Splittr works on WP7.5 and up. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/splittr/d2307de6-10c0-4b5c-9527-7c549370a447

Centwise works on WP7.5 and up. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/centwise/faeb5f7b-fbb6-41c6-8fac-17d81dae703d

Split It works on WP8 and up. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/split-it/df492da8-c150-46aa-8d70-be96a8fdafda

Check out our blog posts about them:
    http://blog.splitwise.com/2013/03/13/a-windows-phone-8-client-at-long-last/
    http://blog.splitwise.com/2013/03/22/centwise-windows-phone-7-5-splittr-updates/

Splitwise currently has no plans for an official Windows Phone app, but we’re very thankful to the developers who have used our API and made their own – thanks a lot!

4. Currency conversion

When I went to Cancun, I charged/paid for things at different locations and at each location, there was a different exchange rate for the peso to USD. I would like to suggest a way to set the exchange rate for each item when doing a "trip" group. I ended up having to manually calculate the conversion and split it up each night for a group of 16.

321 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    50 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Currency conversion is now included with our premium version, Splitwise Pro (https://secure.splitwise.com/pro/subscribe). Right now, it’s a web-only feature, but we hope to add it to our mobile apps in the future!

On the web, if you click on a friend or group in the left sidebar, then click the settings icon at the top of the right sidebar, you’ll see an option to convert all transactions with that friend/group to your default currency, using the current market exchange rate. You’ll also see a suggestion to convert currencies appear automatically when viewing a group with balances in multiple currencies.

Hope this helps a bit! We’d definitely like to continue improving multiple currency support over time – I can’t say how quickly that will happen, as we’re a very tiny team, but it remains on our to-do list for the future. If you have suggestions or feedback, feel free to…

5. Include group balances when viewing a friendship (to see the total balance with an individual)

Could you make it so that group balances and individual friend balances are included together, rather than as two separate things?

I have friends on Splitwise who are both (a) in groups with me and (b) in my friends list. Some of our transactions happen inside the group, and others happen in our one-on-one friendships.

Unfortunately, my balance with Person X in the group is treated separately from my balance with the same Person X in my friends list, which makes it very confusing to figure out who owes who.

245 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has now been completed on all platforms: web, iPhone, and Android.

Friendships include group balances in the list of expenses, so when you click on a friend’s name, you will see all transactions with that person.

6. Allow an account to have multiple email addresses

Since people use multiple email addresses. It would be great to have the ability to merge all email addresses under a single account.

This way a person can "friend" someone based on whichever email address they know

229 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: you can now add multiple email addresses in your account settings.

We’ve now added the ability to merge accounts in your account settings on the web. Full support for multiple email addresses is still unavailable.

Marshall

7. 227 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    54 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

A basic version of this feature (“View group totals”) is now on all platforms: iPhone, Android, and web! You can also analyze more details group totals by exporting your group expenses to a spreadsheet, which is also available on all platforms.

We hope to keep improving this feature over time, so feel free to make suggestions below. Thanks!

8. 215 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  9. Add debt shuffling outside of groups

There's an option on BillMonk called "debt shuffle" where an algorithm is run to reduce the number of payments between many friends. This would be a great option to add on Splitwise.

210 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now live! We call it “simplify debts” rather than “debt shuffle” – check it out at https://secure.splitwise.com/users/simplify_debts. You can find it on your user settings page within the interface.

We designed our debt simplification algorithm to obey three simple rules: (1) everyone owes the same net amount at the end, (2) no one owes a person that they didn’t owe before, and (3) no one owes more money in total than they did before the simplification. It also respect everyone’s privacy by only showing you how your debts have changed.

We’ve tested our algorithm with a variety of cases, but if you think it does a poor job with your data, let us know! Email us at support@splitwise.com and we’ll see if there’s a way to fix it that improves your case.

10. translations to different languages

I think it would be useful to have splitwise interfaces (web and mobile devices) in different languages as it is a really great tool which should be understandable for everyone.

Maybe starting with common languages like Russian, German, French, Spanish, Italian...

167 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: Splitwise is now available in Spanish, German, Dutch, French, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese and European Portuguese. For more information about translations, see http://blog.splitwise.com/about/translators/

We’d love to internationalize, and definitely plan to do so in the future! Right now, Splitwise is still changing pretty fast, and we’re still settling on some of the language that we use in English. Once that’s a bit more settled, we hope to start work on translating into other languages, so that more people around the world can use Splitwise :)

11. Show historic monthly charts

The current month breakdown is nice, but it would be good to see the historic trend of the expense categories. (e.g. grocery spend over the past 6 months).

159 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now live on the web! Just click the “charts” icon in the upper right of any given group or friend page – you should see “previous” and “next” buttons that enable you to view the chart for any month.

12. Adding existing friends to groups

I would like to add some of my existing friends to a group. But group creation expects me to give email address. This seems possible in the mobile application, but the web app does not facilitate the same. It would be great to have the web app also do the same.

139 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The add/edit group screen has finally been updated with autocomplete, which should make it much easier to add existing friends to groups. Thanks so much for being patient!

13. Reverse Bills

Sometimes I EARN money, and I owe that money to my 3 roommates.

A bill is when they OWE ME money. A Reverse bill is when I OWE THEM money.

You can solve this by letting us do a negative amount for a bill. Thanks!

126 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our website now has additional handling for reverse bills/refunds – when entering a bill, you now have the option to choose “reimbursement” as a split type, which will allow you to distribute money equally between a number of people. (If you try to enter a negative cost in the “Add bill” form, it will now automatically change to the new “reimbursement” split method.)

We’d love to add this kind of bill to our mobile apps as well, but it’s not on the roadmap yet. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Hope that helps! Let us know if you encounter any bugs, or if you have any other suggestions.

14. Link to Venmo!

This website is fantastic! One suggestion to perhaps close the "Payment" loop: Our group pays eachother using the Venmo peer-to-peer payment system. One feature of Venmo is that I can send "payment request" to my friends, and they will just "approve" the charge (at which point, I get paid). It would be great if there was a simple system within splitwise (say, a one-click button) that would send out venmo bills to group members when I try to reconcile my splitwise expenses. Also, it could automatically record the payments within splitwise, thus automatically tracking who had paid me back.

123 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Venmo is now available on all the official Splitwise apps (web, iPhone, and Android)! Please note that this feature is restricted to users inside the US, and that you will need the Venmo app installed on your mobile device in order to make Venmo payments through the Splitwise mobile app.

15. Option to choose display image for groups

Loved you application a lot, I would like to suggest you that, it will be great if user is allowed to change the image of any group so that it is easily identified in case I have many groups with similar names

118 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Split an expense with multiple friends, without creating a group

Great site! Moved from billmonk. The only reason most of my friends won't move from billmonk is the ability to add multiple people to a single bill/transaction without creating a group. Would be awesome if you guys can add it!

102 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Download/export Splitwise data

User should be able to download their entire data from Splitwise if they wish to do so. This data should include friend's list, emails, all transactions, groups and group transactions etc. if possible it should be in a neatly formatted spreadsheet.

90 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this from our web interface – just view a group or friend and click the “settings/gear” icon in the upper-right of the right-side column. In the menu that appears, click “Export as spreadsheet” to download a .csv file with all your expenses.

We also have a “download full backup” for Splitwise Pro users under advanced features in account settings. This includes all data for the account, but is in JSON format.

Marshall

18. Allow multiple payers when adding bills on mobile

Please add multiple payers on the mobile apps.

89 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  19. Enable offline data entry from the Android app

sometimes you are in the tube, or offline, and cannot enter expenses ie the app crashed. It would be fantastic to be able to log expenses offline then sync at some point

87 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  20. Multiple currencies

implement multiple currencies, so splitwise (site and/or app) can be used when we’re on vacation? That way, our expenses can be in euros, or pounds, but the payback can be in your local currency. I’d like this on the site, as well as on any app. Thanks.

80 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Multiple currencies are now fully supported on web, iPhone, and Android. You can change your default currency at any time from your account settings page, or you can change the currency for an individual expense by clicking on the currency symbol in the “Add bill” or “Settle up” form.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 33 34

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base