Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Make the default home page as the Dashboard page

Instead of showing the balances with one of the friends when I click on "Home", it would be more useful if the Default Home page and the landing page when I log in is the Dashboard page - it saves time and quickly gives me the overall status of my balances

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Curreny Update

Currency is shown as USD even if i select INR. same thing is getting reflected when i checked online.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. Itemized bill problem

I recently report a huge itemized bill that is shared among 8 different people. The input form is not friendly at all. I had to re-enter the information several times because I accidentally click outside of the form, which cause the form to be closed. Since the bill has too many items in it, I had to scroll up and down several times to figure out which column represented which friend. It was a very painful experience. After I reported the bill, the dashboard is not updated properly. I had to go to the detail page for each of the…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. adding people to an expense

I'd like to be able to add people or groups to an expense after it's been created. Many times my friend adds me instead of my boyfriend who will actually be paying for something.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. simplify debts

there should be otion to revert simplify debts. I clicked that button by mistake but there is no easy wayaround to revert

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Show names of long expenses

http://d.pr/i/7ws3

When someone gives a really long name, there's no way for me to see it. it doesn't show up in the expanded details. It doesn't show up when I hover on it (it's not the title text or jquery-ified).

If you could implement one of those, it would be awesome.

I know I can see it when i edit the transaction, that's just less-than-ideal.

I love you all! Thanks for making Splitwise awesome!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Payment date

Can you please add what date a payment was made not just when the entry was made...

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can set the date of the payment when you create it either in the left hand expense create window in the web or in the black bar of buttons on the mobile apps.

Marshall

8. Allow user to download/backup their transaction history in excel or pdf

Allow user to download/backup their transaction history in excel or pdf

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

You can download a .csv version of your expenses with any friend or group – just visit that page on the web, click the settings/gear icon next to their name, and choose “Export to spreadsheet”.

You can also download monthly PDF summaries for groups by clicking the “view as PDF” link in each month’s header.

9. Migrating from Buxfer to Splitwise

Hi. I'm a longtime buxfer user and have got all my roommates on it too where we track our shared expenses. I have been looking recently at splitwise and the design in IOS looks fantastic. I would like to move to splitwise from buxfer. Is there an easy way to do that? Like export csv from buxfer and import into splitwise ? I have almost 7 years worth of transactions in buxfer and so don't want to lose them when coming to splitwise.
    Please help! Thanks

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. IOS7

Design the app around the new IOS 7 design. I've seen so many apps take advantage of the new design and come out with incredible improvements

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  11. Decimal point in amount entry

I'd probably be easier and less confusing if in the amount entry when adding a bill, the decimal keyboard (UIKeyboardTypeDecimalPad) where shown instead of only numbers.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: we’ve moved away from the ATM style input field.

I’ll pass on the suggestion! Right now our number input is designed to work more like ATMs and some other banking apps, where numbers fill in from the right as you type. Sorry for any confusion!

12. Highlight settled up entries

Whenever someone settles up with another person, the entries whose total has been settled-up should be highlighted (or greyed out). Currently, when I check the entries with a particular person, I still see even the settled-up entries in a similar format as before settling and it gets confusing to identify whether a particular entry has been settled up or not.

Thanks and looking forward to implementation of this feature as I don't really think it is too complicated.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  13. Add ability to pay someone else's debt.

Paying someone else's debt to some other person, so that they are settled up and the amount turns to be owed to you.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this currently.

Let’s say you’re Person A, and you have 2 friends: Person B owes Person C $20.

If you want to pay Person C for Person B, just do so (make the payment) and then have B ‘Settle Up’ with C, and then record a debt between themselves and you for $20.

So, Splitwise would say B paid C $20 (which would be technically incorrect but would reflect the change in balance that happened) and that B owes A (you) $20.

14. Allow users to filter transactions by their name

In a large group, it is difficult to see which transactions you paid for. You need to scroll back through all the transactions to find the specific transaction you are looking for, and even this doesn't quite solve the use case. It would be nice to select a user to see all the transactions he/she recorded (or, optionally, were involved in).

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  15. Auto simplify

Add a possibility to auto simplify the debts after every transaction.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Loic,

You can do this for a group by setting the “Simplify Debts” toggle in your group settings to on. This will make it re-simplify after each transaction for expenses associated with that group. I hope this helps / is what you meant by the suggestion.

For non group transactions, Splitwise forces debt simplifications to be manual, and we plan to keep it that way. In a group everyone see exactly what is going on and why the balances are the way they are, which is why we can afford to make it automatic.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Jon

16. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

For US users, the mobile app imports phone numbers and allows you to invite friends with those phone numbers. Outside the US, we do not automatically import phone numbers, as we’ve found there’s a very high failure rate with sending international SMS messages (lots of people fail to include their country code in the number, or enter a phone number that cannot receive SMS messages).

17. Non-Even Splits

Great app, but it desperately needs functionality to include debts that are NOT between every member of a group. For example if someone bought ingredients for a group meal that not everyone in the group ate.

It just needs check-boxes with "who does this debt apply to?" or similar.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Isaac – Splitwise does this already! Just tap on the “Split equally” button when adding a bill and you can change the split in a variety of ways: excluding people who weren’t involved, splitting by shares or percentages, etc. Hope that helps!

18. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: on all three platforms we now hide settled expenses behind a tap and also hide friends/groups that you have been settled up with for at least 30 days.

Whenever you fully settle up with another person, Splitwise should automatically hide all your old bills and clear them from the screen. (Right now this feature only works on the web and on Android, but we’re working on bringing it to our iPhone app ASAP!)

19. use the facebook and google login icons

I didn't see the "login with facebook/google" buttons. they would have caught my eye if they had been the standard facebook/google login icons.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  20. allow creation of monthly 'sheets' within a group to easily track group expenses by month

(And no, I don't want to use the spreadsheets :) )
    Right now, we re-create the group each month after settling accounts- it would sure be easier to just create monthly accounts sheets which can be individually settled.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. We do have this on the website right now. If you go to you group, there’s an option in each month header to show balance changes for that month. If you settle each previous month before the next month, this will just be the balance for that month.

Marshall

1 2 8 10 12 33 34

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base