Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Sync users' email and phone numbers.

Some of my friends have registered using their email IDs and others have used their phone #s. Every time I add a friend, I am required to enter the correct credentials with which they have registered.
    It would make a great app much better if these details could be synced automatically.
    One way could be to take the user's permission and update the phone number upon installation/update.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Mercy responded

Our system remembers the multiple email addresses and phone number a user has associated with their Splitwise account so they can be added by any of these pieces of information. However, these are still dependent on the user adding them or accepting an invite from another email address. Also be aware that they are under the control of the user so they can be removed from their account if they do not want this information there which will prevent them from being added by it.

2. depreciation calculator

When we quit house, there will be some purchases made for room like TV, Refrigerator etc. And any one guy will take this. We need depreciation calculator so that we can calculate its worth when we are leaving and the guy who is taking that can pay us.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. Have a drop-down calendar for selecting dates

When selecting a date for an expense, you should be able to select from a calendar rather than typing in a full date.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. Create a group 'messageboard' for your web app

I absolutely love your site, it is beyond useful. What would be great for the web app is if it were possible for group members to have a place to discuss charges or a to do list or even schedule events. Nothing too in-depth, just something that allows users to communicate and keep a record of it.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make the date bigger in the new version

New version looks great, but I find the individual dates hard to find when scanning - important for me because I usually add in transactions in bulk by quickly checking where I left off and whether something is already in there.

Thanks!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. Group versus Relationship Functionality

I don't like how you can have an individual relationship with Person A, but then also have Person A in Group 1, especially if it does not automatically show the relation b/w the Person within the Group and the individual relationship.

E.g. I live in an apt with 4 people (Group 1 = Person A, B, C, D)
    - Group 1 splits a $60 bill evenly (paid by Person A)
    - Person B loans Person A $40
    - Person B owes Person C $10

In essence, if you have am individual relation with each of the people within the group,…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Groups still do not show more general balances, but your friendship balance will include all balances from groups. We also settle up all groups and the friendship if you settle up completely with a friend.

Marshall

9. apply payment to IOU

kind of like applying payment to expense, I think, but as an example with my account:
    One housemate owes me $800 for a loan. I owed him $135. If both of these are recorded expenses, it would be convenient to apply the $135 to the $800 (like dragging the IOU into the loan from the dash, or making it an action) so it deducts it from the loan amount, the total he owes me, and the total amount I get back. Instead I deleted the amount I owe him, and went in manually to lower his loan to $665, which…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

There are two possible evolutions to this now, depending on your situation. If everything is in the same group, you can just turn on simplify debts in the group settings page.

If you are not all in the same group, go to your account settings on the website and under advanced features choose simplify debts. Pick both of your friend here and if we determine that it’s ok for us to simplify this, we’ll move the debt over.

Sometimes we can’t do this automatically for privacy or relationship issues that are hard to go into.

Marshall

10. Dashboard can be better

I suggest two ideas (borrowing what was better in Billmonk).

1) Give a numerical indication of what I owe, and what I am owed, instead of just weighted green and red bards next to the "person".

2) Automatically, do not show people with whom there are "settled" transactions. Only show people with pending transactions.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  11. Disable debt shuffling in group

Allow users to enable / disable auto shuffling in groups. The balances are now reflected in individual transactions as well. So it will be really helpful to turn the debt shuffling off when needed.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow a bill to be edited by adding subtracting people from the bill and have the total cost of the bill be split again as per the changes.

Allow a bill to be edited by adding subtracting people from the bill and have the total cost of the bill be split again as per the changes.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We now do a best guess on how the split should be updated when you add and remove users. I don’t think we’re likely to try to make it more comprehensive than it currently is.

Marshall

13. improve the payment settlement logic

If I owe my friend in a group and one-on-one expense, on reporting a payment for a total that I owe(from group and 1-on-1) will settle the group amount that I owe and the 1-on-1 amount owe. But will now, splitwise shows that my friend now owes me 1-on-1 the amount that is equal to the group amount that i owed my friend.e.g:

I owed my friend

in a group: 500
    1-on-1: 15

i paid 515

splitwise now says:

my friend owes me1-on-1: 500

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Separate the friends on dashboard

Separate the friends on the dashboard as I owe and I am owed table and hide the friends who are settled up.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. option to select people from different groups

Please add all memeber as contacts..for example a person X belongs to group A, and person Y belong to Group Y. sometimes we need share between one person in a different group with another person in different group.

It would be great idea to have all people names at one place and have option to add expenses by selecting there name..as well group that way it is now.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  16. Summary

There should be a summary of the total expenses to be paid for and to be collected and NET.

Somewhere in the app you need to display TOTAL to be paid, TOTAL to be collected and the NET status.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow Debt simplification between selected participants

1. Currently debt simplification just considers all possible mutual friends to simplify the payments. It would be good to have an option to select the friends among whom I want to simplify the debts.

2.Also the current debt simplification is very ambiguous. After a shuffle I have to search in each friend's account to see who owes whom and whom do I owe. It would be good to have a simple display/note that shows the before/after of the debt simplification without needing to go into each friend's account.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

This isn’t quite completed (I intend to improve how debt simplifications show up in the list a little more), but if you go to the all expenses list after adding a debt simplification, all the simplifications will show up there.

Marshall

18. to include the settling up function in the mobile app as well.

I am very mch impressed by Splitwise and its use for students especially. The "Settle Up" function in the web version is the best feature. But this feature is not included in the mobile application (iOS). As we students heavily depend on mobiles for day to day activities, it would be great addition and improvement to the application.

Thank you once again

Azhar

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  19. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Paypal from settle up

It'd be cool if I could pay via paypal from the 'settle up' button.

What I did instead was to look at my payments owed, then clicked to make a payment, and then manually typed in what I knew I owed my roommate. Then I paid him that amount via paypal.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Settle up via PayPal is now available for all users on our website, and for all US-based users in our mobile apps. (We wish we could offer PayPal support in our mobile apps to users outside the US, but unfortunately PayPal doesn’t allow us to – apologies for the inconvenience!)

1 2 9 11 13 33 34

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base