General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Make Plates for Android.

The iOS app is gorgeous and I'm jealous.

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      12 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks Jesse, couldn’t agree more. In fact, I’m up-voting this too :) As the Splitwise team’s big Android fan, I keep having to ask my friends to go download Plates so we can use it. Plates for Android is definitely something we want to do, but we’re juggling a ton of priorities on the core app on both iPhone and Android right now. But for sure it’s on our minds, and thanks for submitting the suggestion!

- Jon

• Recurring expenses with varying costs

Allow users to add recurring expenses that will vary in cost month to month and prompt the user for that months cost.

124 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’d definitely like to address this, but we haven’t yet found a solution we’re happy with. We’re still brainstorming, but we hope to have something to show you in the not-too-distant future :)

• 116 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          14 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Send Reminder to all people in a group

When we send a reminder, there should be an option available to send it to all members of the group, instead of sending it to individuals.

92 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Make Payment/Bill Due Date Sub Totals (Due now, Due next week, Upcoming bills etc.)

Make it possible to add bills and set the due date for payments, then display a sub total of overdue payments.

Currently overdue bills are grouped into the total for bills that will be paid in the future. It would be great if the bill owner could set a due date for the bills, so the payees could then see a sub total of overdue bills, bills coming up, and total bills owed. This could be achieved with a filter on the web app, and integrated into the phone apps later.

Reminders could then also be automated, and much more…

92 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Personal expenditure chart

I love the monthly expenditure pie chart idea. But currently I can only see the break-up of my expenses when I click on a friend, and it only shows me the break up of the expenses I have in common with that particular friend. It would be useful if I could view the monthly break-up of my expenses independent of the friends (maybe a link through my dashboard). It would be even more awesome If I could sort the table below the chart by the amount, to better understand where I am spending more.

88 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • let the user add values using a comma (,) as a separator.

We'd be happy if you considered to add to possibility to add values separated by a comma instead of a period as used in most of Europe as well as in South America and other Regions as shown in the map here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark

87 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This should be how both the iPhone and Android app work at this point (please let us know if this is broken for you on either of those). We still have not fixed this issue on the website, though it is something we plan to do.

Marshall

• When editing an unequal split, load the entered # of shares or %

The main problem we've been encountering is that the editing of expenses is a bit annoying. We usually split the costs unequally and in parts (when someone brings over a friend or when a plate is eaten during several meals), but when we want to edit the number of parts (to add someone who ate later or simply to correct a mistake), only the amount to be paid by each person is remembered by the website and the number of parts everyone had seems to be forgotten by the app, although that was the input that it became at the…

87 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Updating our response since it’s been a long time since the idea was opened. Even though saving the type of unequal split feels like something that would obviously be nice to have (I certainly would use it myself every so often), it requires a change to our data structures, and is therefore a bunch of difficult work to fix, especially since it would need to be fixed separately across iPhone, Android, and web.

If you have a specific use case where not having this feature is really bothering you a lot, please email support@splitwise.com, or comment below to let us know why it’s important to you. The original poster’s meal example is clear and I’m wondering if there are other reasons why it is needed, or any easier way for us to fix it.

In terms of the priorities of our small team, most bills on Splitwise are split…

• Unequal Bill Dividing Calculation

One of my most common tasks with Splitwise is dividing a bill unequally with one other person. It would be very handy if entering the amount for one person would automatically calculate the remaining amount owed for the other individual.

81 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Add friends without email address or phone number

I know that it might be a user acquisition choice, but it is very annoying to not be able to add someone with just their name (i.e. with no email address or phone, so that they don't receive an invite).
                      I find that the user experience is affected a lot by this and I am switch back to another app because of this despite how good splitwise is overall.

There are indeed several use cases where I would like to add people without contact details:
                      - At a specific event, for example a party where I need to enter the…

81 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        30 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the detailed feedback – it’s always useful to hear, and I’ll pass it on :)

One small feature you may not be aware of: on our website, Splitwise does allow you to add group members without email addresses, which hopefully helps for the “large party” scenario. My apologies that the same feature isn’t available on our mobile apps!

• allow expense to be tracked to a given budget

i.e. if our household (group) budget is 100 USD a month, split wise shows us how much we have spent of that to date - how much has been spent as allocated to the grocery expense category vs what was defined as the budget. Would be great if we could set budgets for each expense category.

Would make a great tool even better at helping us control spend! Seeing a visual budget is much more motivating ;)

81 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Budgets definitely make a lot of sense. They’re not a feature on our roadmap yet (we’re a tiny team, and still focused on other improvements), but hopefully they’re something we can work on in the future.

• 81 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Facebook invite system has changed a lot over the years, and it makes it hard for users to receive updates, notifications, etc. Also, many users do not like getting invites through Facebook.

We are still open to doing this, and we’ll leave it under review for further voting or commentary. For now, we recommend you send invites via email or SMS.

• 72 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              17 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Add itemized split method to iOS app?

I love using itemized splits on the website, but can't seem to find this feature in the iOS app. Any plans to bring it to iOS?

Thanks!

71 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                12 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Updating this since it’s been a while. We’re still leaving this as a possible future improvement. This is not a very popular feature on our website. Figuring out the design for mobile apps continues to be a challenge. Sorry for the inconvenience!

• Disable Debt Simplification

An option to disable debt shuffling within friends.

64 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Debt simplification can be disabled in groups on the group settings screen – just turn the “simplify debts?” switch to off under “Advanced settings”.

We don’t currently have a setting to block yourself from debt simplifications among friends, but it’s something we may consider in the future. In the meantime, you can revert a debt simplification at any time by deleting any part of it, and the entire transaction will be undone.

• Plates Integration

Find a way to integrate Plates with Split Wise so calculations can be ported between apps.

64 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We definitely want to improve Plates + Splitwise integration over time! Right now, if you share a Plates bill with a friend, they can click on the link and then save their share as a Splitwise IOU. We haven’t had a chance to make updates to Plates in a while, but in the future, we hope to let you do that straight from the Plates app. Until then, apologies for the inconvenience!

• Share the balance via Whatsapp

It would be great if I can send a message to Whatsapp (telegram, etc..) with the balance of any group.
                                    Something the not all the group is checking the application or they even don't want to download it, so you need to use other channels to share the balance.

63 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We do allow you to send reminders via email in the app and on the website you can grab a printable group summary from the group expense list month headers. I’m not sure if we’ll ever support whatsapp directly, but we’ll consider it if this gets a lot of votes.

Marshall

• is it possible to integrate UPI (UNIFIED PAYMENT SYSTEM) for Indian users ??

UPI is a payment method introduced in India to transact between users and organisation. it would simplify the transactions between users if that can be integrated to Splitwise ✌

60 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • user may opt to clear recent activity

let the user decide whether recent activity need to be cleared.

59 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Weekly Reminders

a setting that would automatically send a reminder every week or so for bills

55 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base