Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Offline mode for mobile

Quite disappointed when I found out your app does not work offline.

78 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    12 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

NOTE: if you are upset that iPhone or Android offline mode does not work in the way that you want, please vote for or add a new idea about your specific issue. I suspect this issue covers most problems related to this idea now: http://feedback.splitwise.com/forums/162446-general/suggestions/9786933-improve-offline-mode-in-iphone-app

It’s much easier for us to figure out what work is important to do next if we have votes for specific problems.

Our iPhone and Android apps now both include offline mode. Offline allows you to add and remove expenses with existing friends and groups, even when you don’t have an internet connection. Any changes you make will be synced later, when you have an internet connection again.

2. Currency conversion in the app

As a pro subscriber I'd like to be able to do the currency conversion in the app not just on the web version

70 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Currency Conversion is available as a Pro feature on all platforms!

You can convert the currency of expenses in a group or friendship to your default currency via the menu in the header of a groups or friendships in both our Android and iOS apps.

If you’d like to convert expenses to a different currency you can do so by (temporarily) changing your default currency from your Account Settings page.

3. Update Android app to follow Android Design Principles

I've read other idea responses saying an update is coming, but in case this isn't included...

The Android app needs to follow the android design guidelines. It looks like an iPhone app, there's no response to button presses, as they are just static images, and it simply does not follow the android design principles that can be seen here: http://developer.android.com/design/get-started/principles.html.

68 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. Insert a grand total for all expenses for a group

It would be nice to see a grand total of all expenses for individual groups. I realize this can be done by exporting the data then adding it up, but it just seems like an inefficient process that can be eliminated by inserting a simple sum function.

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Group totals exist as a feature on both iOS and Android, and on the website, you can see totals in a group by going to “View printable summary” from the month header above your expenses in the list, and choosing “all time” as the date range on the top right corner.

5. Show dates on mobile app

Like the design of the website, showing the dates on the list of transactions would help differentiate between multiple charges from the same place but on different days.

64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. Dashboard giving a summary

Dashboard can give the "Total amount to collect" and "Total amount to receive" information. Right now, it gives this data for individual person. It would be great if we can get the entire amount across all people.

60 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Deleting or Hiding Groups

I Know that you Guys are working on this issues.
    I presume that you are working on Hiding Groups instead of Deleting them.

What i wanna suggest is that if you can provide both the options, Deleting & Hididng, it would be good.
    But Deleting should be done only after all the users in that group are Settled Up.

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Update: we now hide groups that have been settled up for at least 40 days. You can also still delete groups.

We’d definitely like a better way to handle the closing/hiding of groups, besides just deleting the group entirely. We’ve got a lot on our to-do list, but we’re hoping to add this feature in the not-too-distant future :)

8. iPad app

It's perfect! I just wish there was an iPad app for it. Thank you!

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Zoe responded

Splitwise is now available on iPad. Enjoy!

9. Attach a file (an image, PDF, etc.) to a bill

Our household is paperless and we scan every bill and receipt. It would be awesome if we could attach a scan of the receipt to the bill.

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Attachments are now supported on all of our platforms: web, iPhone, and Android. When adding a bill, just click the button that says “Add an image” (web) or the button that looks like a camera (iPhone and Android).

10. Allow Push Notifications from Splitwise (instead of email)

The current app does a great job of emailing at every action, but after a while these can add up. If possible, SplitWise should store which platform each account holder uses and notify them via push notifications. These can be short, to the point, and would always keep people in the loop.

Plus, email is always a backup, if users choose!

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  11. Itemized Bill Editing

Please dont save the details of the itemized bill just as notes.
    There is just no easy way to edit an itemized bill when you do that.
    I would like it if the same table in which itemized bill data was entered would be shown up again when I try to edit an itemized bill.

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We did this a while ago! Sorry for not updating.

I hope that Spencer and Armin are satisfied with the way it works now?

On some versions of Firefox, there is a rare submission bug we’ve seen. And there is a display bug with rounding (where it shows the math not working, but submits correctly). If you have any other trouble, let us know.

12. Currency Selection

Allow multiple currency selections to show only commonly used currencies for travel expenses instead of long list

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  13. Whiteboard on Mobile App

I couldn't find Whiteboard option in Android App.
    It it is there, kindly guide me to it.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Whiteboard is now available in both our Android and iPhone apps!

Android: tap the menu icon in the top right corner of your group page.
    iPhone: tap ‘More’ in the header of your group page

14. I want to be able to delete my avatar once I've added one

At present, once I upload a picture, I can only replace it with a new one. I want to be able to 'Remove Avatar', and have no avatar/ picture.

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now remove your avatar from our iPhone and Android apps by tapping on it in the Account tab on iOS or in the menu sidebar on Android.

You can also remove a group photo by tapping on it in your Group Settings screen.

15. Allow multiple payers in expenses that span multiple friendships

It should be possible to have multiple payers on a single bill, just as it's possible to have multiple people split the bill.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In the dashboard, hide friends who are "settled up"

I have old friends who have existed in my friend list for a long time, but whom I don't have debts with anymore, but they still show up in the dashboard and make the dashboard unnecessarily long.

A checkbox to maybe not show friends who are even, would be nice

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. to have a check box which will select all the members and de select all the members at a time

to have a check box which will select all the members and de select all the members in a group

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We don’t currently have plans to add a “select all”/“deselect all” toggle, but there is another way to do this!

In the main “Add bill” form, select the field that says “With you and: [your group]”. Delete the “[your group]” token, then type in the names of the specific people that you want to split the bill with. That way, you can add a bill that is split with only those people, without having to un-check a whole bunch of entries on the “split details” screen. Hope that helps!

18. Touch ID for security with optional passcode

Introduce Touch ID for security with optional passcode

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: this is now available on iPhone. To enable, go to the Me tab and click on Passcode. Once you’ve added a passcode, you will be able to use Touch ID or the passcode to unlock the app.

Yep, great idea, it’s on our list of cool things we’d love to do :) Thanks for submitting.

- Jon

19. Allow archiving of groups

I have 13 groups/trips set up now. We create one for a specific trip and once its settled, rather than delete it, would be good to have a archive section where it can be stored perpetually rather than having to delete. The reason I want to delete is because this list will grow over time and then there are way too many of them.

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable Editing of the Bill in the Mobile App

I'd like to edit just the amount I put in for the bill in mobile.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base