Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. change focus to the "with who" field when the user clicks "add a bill"

It would be much quicker easier if I could just click "add a bill" then start typing the persons name and tab through the form, rather than have to then click the field first.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I thought we’d done this already, but apparently we forgot to actually release the feature :) The “with you and:” field should now automatically focus when adding a bill from the dashboard or the “All expenses” screen. When you add from the page of a specific friend or group, the description field will automatically focus instead (since the “with” field already contains the current friend/group, and for most bills those are the only people who are added). Hope that helps!

2. Allow to add a new member while editiing expenses

1)Edit an expense
    2)click on split equally
    3) Try to add a new member in the bill

IT cannot be done because the current transaction involves only selected people.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

If you’d like to add an existing friend to a bill, just click the “With you and:” field at the top of the “Edit bill” form and add that person’s name. (If you’re trying to invite an entirely new person, there’s a bug in the form that prevents this, but we’re hoping to fix that issue soon.) Hope that helps!

3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  4. no feedback - love your site!

I recommend your site to everyone I know. I absolutely love it!! Keep it up!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  5. Change your settle up algorithm

When simplify debts is on and I click settle up and then pay with paypal, it tells me to make multiple small payments to those who are owed instead of one full payment to the person owed the most. For example, three people were owed money in my group: #1 was owed $400, #2 was owed $700, and #3 was owed $40. I owed $130 or something like that. Splitwise told me to may ~$20 to #3, then split payments to #1 and #2 as well. With the goal of minimizing total number of payments and paying back the person…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. update / add features to the android app

I need the ability to see all the information on an entry. At the moment you can only see the first couple of words of the title (if it's longer it gets cut off) and you can't see any notes or images of the entry. This seems like a KEY feature that there should be since being able to see all the info that a person is adding is an important facet of the service.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now add comments to expenses, which will show up in the recent activity feed, so you can comment on an expense and then delete it an your friends will have a record of what happened.

Marshall

8. Chrome support

Splitwise does not load in Chrome Dev.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. add self-defined (or just more) currencies

ok, I might be the only one, but I want to use this for international travel-- I live in Ethipia and would love to use the ETB. if it's too much trouble to add all these currencies, can we add our own? :)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hey Elise – we’ve just added ETB to our list of currencies :) If you refresh splitwise.com/our mobile apps, it should now appear in the list of supported currencies. Hope that helps!

10. changes to adding a bill options

When adding a bill to the group maybe have an option to attach a copy of the bill.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. No suggestion, just praise.

Thank you. This software is awesome. I recently moved in with my girlfriend and we've been struggling to keep track of accounts with a google doc, but this is 100x better. Keep up the good work.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  12. Where are my payments? Link to Paypal?

I don't get why my friend can say he paid me when he didn't. You guys should consider tying this with Paypal

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Hal,

We are integrated with PayPal across all 3 platforms (web, iPhone and Android) and we are integrated with Venmo on iPhone. The ‘record cash payment’ option is for people who settle debts with cash, checks, etc.

If you are not seeing the PayPal option from a mobile app, please make sure that you’re using the latest version (we’ve only had PayPal for Android since yesterday morning). If that doesn’t fix your issue please email us at support@splitwise.com

13. Add HKD to currency list

Hi, I was able to set HKD as my default currency in Account Settings, but HKD is not on the list of currencies when I input the expense item. Please rectify this. I urgently need this because I'm going on a group trip in 2 days. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! HKD is actually already in our list of currencies – you should be able to select it from your account settings page, about a third of the way down the list. Let us know if you have any more issues!

14. INCOMPLETE: Add HKD to currency list

You MISREAD my previous post on http://feedback.splitwise.com/forums/162446-general/suggestions/5070691-add-hkd-to-currency-list?tracking_code=b85ea02d3c247fa0793b2133bb873df0. I said:
    - I was ABLE to set HKD as my default currency in Account Settings, but
    - HKD was NOT on the list of currencies when I input the expense item

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Samuel – sorry for misreading your original post! I’m afraid I’m still unable to recreate your problem. HKD appears as expected for me when adding an expense on both web and mobile. It should be selected by default if HKD is your default currency, or you should be able to select it by clicking/tapping on the currency symbol in the “Add bill” form and choosing “HKD”.

If you’re still having issues, it’s possible this is a bug – get in touch with us at support@splitwise.com and we’d be happy to help further.

15. Better Group Creation

Me and my friends are organizing a trip via a facebook group. None of them have splitwise accounts, nor do I know all of their emails. It would be great if I could create a group, and just post a link to it asking them to join it by clicking the link.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  16. Split groups of expenses

It would great to be able to group expenses such that only expenses in that group will be reconciled. Other expenses involving the same people would not be included in the "person a owes person b" amounts for that expense group.

The use case for this is that in some instances certain debts may need to be resolved before others. Grouping them would allow us to settle specific debts on differing timetables.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey Joseph – are you aware of our “groups” feature? It does basically what you describe. You can create a new group by hitting the menu button in the upper-left, and then choosing “Create a new group”.

Let me know if I’ve misunderstood your suggestion!

17. Enter a bill as another group member

A a group member, when entering a bill, I want to select another group member who paid the bill.

Reasoning: she doesn't have access to their phone with them at the moment, so someone else can record the transaction.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. to add feature to on behalf settle up

Would suggest to add support for below scenario -
    A need to pay $10 to X and $5 to Y
    Y need to Pay $10 to X

A did the payment of $15 to X and Y did teh payment of $5

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

This is what we call “Simplify Debts.”

If A, X, and Y are in a group:
    Turn on Simplify Debts in that group by going to the group settings (website: click on group, click on gear in upper right, click on “edit group settings”, advanced settings, toggle Simplify debts on).

If A, X, and Y are not in a group:
    You can access it on the website by clicking your name in the upper right, then “your account,” and then under advanced Features going to “Simplify Debts.” On the Simplify Debts page, check all parties you want to simplify between.

Cheers,
    Jon

19. Notifications

Initially, the splitwise had a notification flag at the top center of the window and used to get highlighted with orange color when any of my friends added a bill. It was easier to find out who added which bill in which group. It would be great if I can get to see that.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Samanth! We moved the notifications list to the dashboard – you can still view it at any time by clicking “Dashboard” in the left-hand column and then looking at the top of the right-hand column. Hope that helps!

20. Add Currency - Chinese RMB (¥)

Please and thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base