Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Allow one person to cover for his family

if 2 couples and 2 individual people sharing bill, then I should be able to add bill such that each person in couple is paying for 2 (i.e. Husband is paying for his wife). So that we don't need to add extra sharing for the wife but bill is also split by exact number of person.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. (mobile) Option to hide friends which I am settled-up with

When looking at the current balance with my friends, it would be useful to hide the ones which I'm settled-up with. I should be able to see them all when adding a new expense.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: all our platforms will now automatically hide friends/groups that you have been settled up with for more than 40 days. We also have a filter on mobile at the top of the friends and groups list to show only people you owe or people who owe you.

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, we have a somewhat hidden way to do this already – from the home screen, just tap on the “Total balance” box at the top of the screen, and anyone who’s settled up should disappear. It’s only temporary, but it should help you see who you have balances with at a glance.

3. Default currency

Give the user the ability to select a default currency. I'm in the UK, so nearly all of my transactions are going to be in GBP (£). It would be really helpful if all my transactions were in £ by default.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We now have this available to our users! To do this go into your user settings and select the default currency you’d like your relationships to have. Setting this will automatically populate the currency that is set when creating that relationship.

4. Should be able to see the whole bill even after its split

once a multiperson bill is split, what appers in the dashboard is only what you need to pay one other person. Editing bills afterwards is very painful and I need to go to each person involved to delete the bill and split it from the start all over again. Instead, if I can see the entire bill with everyone involved in one page, it would be so much more comfortable to go back and edit it.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Done! From now on, expenses that you split across multiple people can be easily updated and deleted. (Expenses split in the past will still show up as multiple bills, unfortunately – our apologies!)

5. Add a PIN based authentication during Mobile App launch

My cellphone is within reach to a lot of people and I hate using screen lock. So if the splitwise app is protected with some simple authentication, it would make me feel my account is more secure.

I understand that not everyone would want this extra step, so it could be optional.

The concern arises from the fact that splitwise directly deals with money and it begs to be a more secure platform.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. make it easier to merge accounts

It took me a long time to get two accounts merged. I was invited to a vacation group through my school email addres, but don't use that address with splitwise. When I tried to log into splitwise and merge these accounts on a new computer (while traveling abroad), it was impossible. I then had the group organizer add my existing Splitwise account. This created two versions of me in that group! The merge link also broke, until I was able to manually go in and remove one version of me (after zeroing out his debts) and then merge.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Show balances between people more clearly

In a group, why would the group on the whole owe someone money?

Its not really clear how much balance is there to be settled between any two persons.

In my case, I owe a person certain amount but when I click on his name, there is no info on how much I owe him

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The raw repayment amount feature was put in late last week! To get this, go to the settle up button and on the top right you’ll see a slider that lets you switch between simplified payments or the amount each person owes each directly without any debt shuffling.

8. A Notepad in each group.

To keep track of things that we need to buy. Every member of a Group can add/edit the list synced across all devices.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    188 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We have a feature called Whiteboard that would allow you to keep track of things like this. This feature is now available on all platforms!

You can start a Whiteboard from the menu in the header of a group in our mobile apps. Or, from the menu in the right-hand sidebar of a group on the web.

9. add expense categories related to children

There aren't any categories related to children, and yet I would imagine sharing household and childcare expenses is a major use case. I would like to see categories like "daycare", "toys", "children's activities" etc

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  11. Splitting Unequally by shares or % on Android app

I would like to see this feature on the Android app too :) I love that it's been implemented on the web version.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  12. Person wise History

I Maintain a similar system on Microsoft Excel, and one feature that I really like in maintaining on excel is it gives me a history of all expenses one person has made.

As of now, splitwise does not give person wise expense history. I would like to see a person wise split, which would show each persons split of the expense and a total sum of the month.

Also the pdf monthly report is faulty, needs to be fixed.

The Graphs are refreshed every month, there should be a menu to select the month for the graphical expense display.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added a number of ways to look at person-to-person history since this suggestion was originally posted – export to spreadsheet, printable monthly summaries, etc – so I’m going to mark this as completed. If you’re still looking for different ways to look at your history, please start a new forum post and let us know what you’re looking for. We’re always curious to hear new suggestions!

13. Please consider group balance also while showing a friend in positive,negative or settled up section on dashboard

In the group,a person owes to entire group and not to individual, what happens is that if other person(friend) owes me $X from a group and nothing individually i.e. $0 (no individual bill yet) then Splitwise shows that friend under settled up section instead of positive balance section because he owes me $x from group.But currently, untill I post a bill against him individually outside a group he remains in settled up section even if in group he owes some amount $X to me. So ideally my friend should under positive balance section to show that he owes me.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. Could you make it so that I can choose what sort of notification noise I receive?

At present, I'm only able to select whether or not I get notifications and not the type of sound or whether or not it vibrates. I'd like to still receive notifications on my phone but be able to choose a silent option so that I'm not disturbed late at night or early in the morning should someone make an entry at those times. Thanks!

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  15. When you log in, can you make the dashboard the default page?

Right now it goes to one of my "friends" page.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve now added the option to let your dashboard be your dashboard page! To do this go into your account settings on the web and select “dashboard” under the “Your home page” setting.

16. Update email notification

I have subscribed to Email notifications for changes made to expenses.
    When my friend updates an expense, I get a email notification like "Car wash: $12.95' updated by Jack Maynes. A friend just updated ‘car wash’ in the shared tab ‘Toyota Camry’." The problem is that I do not know the transaction details before he updated it. Once he updates the transaction, I have no way of finding out what the value of the transaction was before he updated it.
    For example, if he updates the Car Wash from $22.95 to $12.95, you message only informs me of the new…

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  17. Add a chat window

Add a wall or chat window, so people in the group can make comments or pose questions. e.g. "Is that everyone?" "Why was the beer so much?"

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have added comments on expenses and an activity feed where you can see recent comments and changes. Try it out and let us know if you need any additional chat features.

Marshall

18. Total expenses in a month.

It would be more helpful to us if you provide a feature to display total amount spent in a group. Then we will come to know how much we are spending per month.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Archive debts

The option to archive (instead of deleting) a debt/group would reduce clutter and make Splitwise much more usable, while still allowing us to still keep track of outstanding debts.

Thanks for considering this!

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We now hide groups/friends that have been settled up for more than 40 days on all three platforms. We also hide older expenses behind a click whenever a group or friendship has completely settled up.

Marshall

20. add a feature to see total personal expense in a group

I have groups made for trips or for certain occasions and what i want to know for my records is how much have i spent on that occasion or trip. Currently, i can see only the break up of how much I spent on each expense item but I want to also see a sum of that, i.e total expense for the entire group as well for each member of that group

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base