Skip to content

General

750 results found

1. I've upgraded to the paid account and it would be helpful to be able to go back and forth with currencies, not just one way and done. thx

for example I'd like to see if I loan 800000 dong how much that will be in US and then switch back to dong.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion!
    We’d love to make improvements to our currency converter, and making it reversible is something we’ve thought about.
    Apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime!

2. Make deleting groups simpler. Jeez it's hidden 4 clicks deep

You UX:
    Navigate to the group you wish to delete
    - At the top of the screen there is a green header area (the one that lists group balances, above the expense list)
    - iOS: Tap the cog-shaped button on the top right of the screen (Settings button)
    - Android: Tap the three vertical dot menu and select "Group Settings"
    - Tap the "Delete this group" button

My UX:
    Swipe left in the groups page to delete a group.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Efficient Notification avoid Nonsense

I would like to suggest the notification should not sending when everytime i added a new item in group or personal list, it's so annoying when i do wrong insert, my friend keep receive the sms alert (not sure about email user).

I would like to suggest there do have a "Notification" button to trigger once i completed key-in all the items, so that everyone can receive the notification after that, nobody will have bad feeling by keep on receive alert.

This should a part of psychology, when people keep receive the alert they might feeling bad to me, maybe…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. We want more cats

We need a bigger variety of cats and if oh say baby cats, we need baby cats!

Ultra nice feature by the way!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Modification in exported CSV report

Can we have total number of expense entries against each member name .lets say there are total 50 expense entry, we want to know entry counts of each member (for e. g A has 35 , b has 15 out of 50 )

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow users to Opt in ( not out) of alerts

People get an email or text every time there is a change. Half the people in my group (especially the Trip coordinator) don't want to use it because people are getting inundated with messages. Please set up the (default) alerts so that you DO NOT have to turn them off. Once people sign on they should be given the option of what notifications they want to turn on. they should not have to search for the setting to turn it off.

thanks

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add an icon to an expense list view when there's a picture attached

At the moment, you have to open an expense just to see whether there's a picture attached. Some kind of indicator to show this on the list view would be nice. Just to mark that there's an attachment on this expense.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  10. Open in 'Groups' tab instead of in 'Friends' tab

Confusing situations arise when someone settles up for a group expense via the "friends" tab. Other group members cannot see this, and so cannot take it into account.

This kind of situation mostly occurs by accident. Could be avoided by opening the app on the group tab instead of friends tab, at least as a configurable option.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a feature

Move in and move out dates. So that a user can be automatically added or deleted to a house when the date falls. Also moved out house member doesn't need to be deleted for historical purposes? They could just be 'archived'

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Aza,

Thanks for suggestion. Users that are “deleted” are still archived, so that the expenses they owed money on are still visible. We do manual deletions so that people don’t get deleted until they’ve settled all their debts :)

It’s an interesting idea!

12. Show one to one amounts on the home page

Instead os showing the total amount each person owes or gets back, it would be more useful if its shown on a one to one manner. For eg, I would like to know how much I owe A, B and C and how much D, E and F owes me. Currently it shows the total amount I get back but does not show how much from whom.... Pleas let me know I am missing something.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Traditionally we’ve gone the “running bartab” method, but we’ve gotten a lot of feedback stating that people want a more granular way to break down their expenses.

We’re in the process of figuring out the best possible way to make both types of expense tracking possible, and this will be added to the list of things talk about.

13. Query

How to send a group email ?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add an export to feed option

So I can see the expenses/IOU made in my group using my feedreader. I moved from ioweyou.co.uk and they had this option.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. suggession

Hi, I have been using splitwise for a while and provided comments previously as well.

I have recommended this site to my friend in my apartment and we are all using it. Recently, we are around 8 family have gone for trip and while dividing our expenses, we thought it would be good if it was in this way. And listing our thoughts here..

1. there should be a way to create sub-group or instance under Group and have only people involved. We have a group "BIGELOW" which is our apartment name and a lot of people part of it. But…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

These are some great suggestions. I’ve heard a few people ask for the “sub group” recently, and it’s something I think would be helpful too. It’s something we’ll be discussing at our next company meeting. The dashboard is something we’re planning on having a big redo on in the future to show more information about your entire account.

16. Set expense/bill priority.

It would be great to be able to set certain expenses by priority. For example, some household utility bills need to be paid ASAP, where as beer money, and some misc. expenses are not so urgent.

If you could set a priority to bills, then it may be possible to see which bills need to be payed asap, and which ones can wait a while.

This feature is very handy for people that have to be tight with money and can pay only what they have to first.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Putting priority on bills is a great idea. We are moving towards being able to apply payments to specific expenses for better tracking, but I like the idea of visibly showing which ones need to get paid vs the not as important drug store run. I’ll bring it up with my teammates and see if it/when it’s something we can get on our schedule.

17. Leader and Slacker board

Hi,
    It would be nice to see who's been taking the heat and who's been slacking throughout the month and throughout the year. A graph to depict that would be awesome. this is typically helpful when people don't settle up when they are supposed to. Time value for money... etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think this is awesome. There’s nothing like shame to quickly make people pony up the money they owe! This is something that I’ll talk with my teammates and see if it’s something we can fit on the schedule.

18. allow for multimonth spending analysis

pull metrics from multiple months of spening

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

I think this would be extremely helpful for people, and something I’d love to see done in the future. I’ll bring it up with our team and see when we can fit it on the schedule.

19. Payments need proper highlight

I see the payments part unclear and almost invisible. Rather payments should be more highlights with some green LEDs if possible. Also I feel they should be right aligned and shown in negative values as in Bank statements.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can see how this type of view would be helpful and easy to read. We’re always looking at ways to improve our users experience. I’ll bring this up with the team at our next company meeting and see if it’s something we can get on the schedule.

20. restore option in dashboard

it allows me to delete one by one that too it take me to individual sheet eveyrtime. Kindly suggest if there is any easy wayaround

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We’re planning to revisit that UI soon and this problem should go away in one of our upcoming versions. Unfortunately, until then, there’s no good workaround. You could submit a support ticket with details of which expenses you want undeleted and we may be able to do them all at once.

Marshall

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base