1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The feature does work this way currently – if you add a bill on the 25th and set it to reoccur monthly, it will reoccur on the 25th of the following month. If you’re having a problem with reoccurring bills please write support@splitwise.com and specify the name of the bill. Thanks!

2. Superb app

Its a cool app, but it wood be more comfortable to use if it has a separate sections for trips with friends.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. multicurrency

nice but I prefer not to override the original value.
    By the way, Splitwise is great!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Bill: Reinstate the ability to select members of a group via checkbox

The most common bills that I have are split with a subset of the members of my house. Instead of remembering who exactly I want to split a bill with, I need to be able to go down the list and check the people that apply. The old interface did this well, the new one does not. Since you've now removed the ability to get back to the old interface, there is no way of doing this except for manually typing out partial names for everyone I want to add. (~4-5 people every time)

Additionally, reinstate the ability to use…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

All these things are already in the new form, actually :) If you click on the “split equally” link in the new interface, the window that slides out should let you check and uncheck members on an equal expense, as well as choose any of the other unequal split methods that we supported on the old form.

If you’re still having trouble, email us at support@splitwise.com and let us know – we’d be more than happy to help.

5. To give your user an option to set the default currency

I was about to post the Idea but your awesome FAQ suggestion just promoted the answer. Goes to show the care that went into designing this awesome site.

Keep the good work. Cheers

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show email address of friend on desktop site

I have 2-3 friends with name "Amit", to know which Amit is who, I need to see the details of friend, on Desktop site, I am not seeing email Id of my friend.

This is causing confusion. Though in mobile app, email id of friend is being displayed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Possibility to add expense to myself

Just add expense to myself for tracking and later edit to add more ppl. more like in a trip where we pre-book

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Splitwise does allow you to add expenses that only involve yourself (though it’ll warn you before saving, just in case). You can then edit those expenses later to add more people to the bill. If you have any questions about how it works, feel free to email us at support@splitwise.com.

8. Not in any group

Can you guys create an automatic group called "Not in any group" to show all transactions that are not in any group?

Thanks,
    Senthur

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: this is now available on all platforms!

Hey Senthur – we’re actually considering this idea very seriously right now! I think it’d be a pretty convenient update, and hopefully it would help some of the people who get confused about non-group expenses :)

9. no feedback - love your site!

I recommend your site to everyone I know. I absolutely love it!! Keep it up!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Include encoding for international characters

ÅÄÖ and åäö only displays "?"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1. after you settle up- show history somewhere.

Hello,
    i'm using your application and i noticed there is something missing (for me at least).
    i was using the app with my roommate to put monthly bills, but after i settle up with her and i wasn't sure if i charge her for the internet bill of last month i had nowhere to go see if i did it or not.
    So i have a 2 suggestion:
    1. after you settle up- show history somewhere.
    2. an option to enter bills by months so ppl can see the bill and for what month the bill was for.

Would love…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Once you settle up with a friend or settle up with everyone in a group, we hide all the previous expenses with them, but we don’t delete them.

To view them, you can simply tap on the big green checkmark that appears on your friend/group screen that says “You are all settled up”. Once you tap on it, you should be able to see all your old expenses.

For your second suggestion, you’ll be glad to know that Splitwise already supports recurring bills!

When adding a new bill on the web or in our mobile apps, click on the date. This should reveal a screen that allows you to change the date of the bill and set a repeat interval (weekly, monthly, etc).

If your bill repeats, you will also have the option to set an email reminder for a few days in advance. That reminder will be sent to…

12. improve the entering of 'itemized bills'.. new layout is not comfortable to use for itemized bills.

improve the entering of 'itemized bills'.. new layout is not comfortable to use for itemized bills.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. change the default category when someone types "gas"

Change the category to gas/fuel - I suspect people buy and split gasoline more often than they do "gas" for a house

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: we now more gracefully handle gas vs gas bill in category detection.

Thanks for the suggestion! We’re actually working on some nice improvements to automatic category detection right now, which includes better distinction between gas-for-cars and gas-for-houses. We don’t have an exact date for that update yet, but hopefully pretty soon. In the meantime, apologies for the trouble!

14. INCOMPLETE: Add HKD to currency list

You MISREAD my previous post on http://feedback.splitwise.com/forums/162446-general/suggestions/5070691-add-hkd-to-currency-list?tracking_code=b85ea02d3c247fa0793b2133bb873df0. I said:
    - I was ABLE to set HKD as my default currency in Account Settings, but
    - HKD was NOT on the list of currencies when I input the expense item

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Samuel – sorry for misreading your original post! I’m afraid I’m still unable to recreate your problem. HKD appears as expected for me when adding an expense on both web and mobile. It should be selected by default if HKD is your default currency, or you should be able to select it by clicking/tapping on the currency symbol in the “Add bill” form and choosing “HKD”.

If you’re still having issues, it’s possible this is a bug – get in touch with us at support@splitwise.com and we’d be happy to help further.

15. Bring back the ability to have the checkboxes -

It was easier to click who was at an event with all the names of a group in front of me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide payment only outside the group

To avoid too much of confusion, I think it is best to get the payments done only between two persons outside a particular group. Currently net debt reflects both personal and group related. But, when payment is done at personal level, the payment doesn't reflect inside a group. I understand that this is tough to achieve from technical implementation point of view. But one way to avoid this situation is to get payments/settleups only at person-to-person level but not in a group.

Me and my friends have already done multiple payments enough number of times because of the confusion. This…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve tweaked the settle up process. If you settle up for the full amount you owe someone over all groups, we settle up everything.

Otherwise, we allow you to choose where the settlement goes.

Marshall

17. Make it clearer how group members I added will sign in

If it sends an invite email to then, I am unaware. I am unsure if they are able to log in and see everything or not.

I love the new interface! I haven't run into any issues yet, besides what is not yet finished. Also, I love the fact that you acknowledge the fact that I have an adblocker in a completely non-intrusive way and suggest that I help out by using word of mouth. By not making me turn the adblocker off, it makes me a lot more likely to suggest it and, perhaps, turn it off anyway and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: we have made it more clear when invites are being sent out and now display some additional information when users have not claimed an account to help resolve these kinds of issues.

Thanks Michael,

I think this is an awesome idea. We are working now on the simplest way to give others visibility into a list of expenses and to make it a non-confusing process to be invited and to invite.

Glad you liked it. Don’t feel a need to click on the ad – in fact, that’s a fake ad anyway. :)

18. Make the description field look more like an input field

I like the new design for inputting bills to split, but the space to put the name of the bill doesn't look like a field I can edit. The first time opened the box, I didn't read that string then was looking for where I could type in the description.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. allow for repeating entries

my roommate and i split rent every month, but I always make the payments. I'd like to not have to enter it every month.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re on web or iPhone, you can make an expense recurring. When you’re adding the expense, click on the date. At the bottom of the date form, you can choose a time period to have the bill repeat.

Marshall

20. Better way to add people

I like the new way of adding bills. I have one feedback though.. I would prefer to add people to a bill by looking at existing friends in my list but I dont think there is a way to do that in this new design

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base