Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Adding a participant to a bill shows several options for that same participant

Hi,

Often when I add someone to a bill on Android (filling the "With you and" field) I tend to get confused on what to select from the autocomplete.

For example, I input a friend's name (already using Splitwise) and I get several options for that friend, including several e-mail addresses he owns. Even after I learned that the first option, the Splitwise persona, is usually the best, this still confuses me.

I think a solution to this would be to have different icons shown next to contacts in the autocomplete - the Splitwise logo for Splitwise accounts, and just…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: with the Android 4.0 release, the address book icon is now an envelope to make it a little more clear that this will invite a new person

This is something we do plan to fix, but it’s stuck on some odd technical issues so I can’t promise a solution soon. For now, as you noted, the first entry is the correct one.

Marshall

2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. make it easy to see all expenses ever

Sometimes I want to go way back in the expense history without needing to keep clicking "see more" I just want to see them all in like a csv or something. It might also be nice to be able to see certain types of expenses, like all the ones marked as "rent" or "utilities".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  4. Update the legal terms like year

Pls update the year under settings

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Have default currency symbols

It's not fair that Americans get "$" and we get "EUR" :(

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hmm…have you changed your default currency on your account settings page? If your default currency is “EUR”, then we should automatically use the Euro symbol when showing expenses.

6. Help for new users

I am new to the site, and so are my friends. There should be a video available to understand how to use the site.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  7. I am not allowed to change the people involved while editing a Transaction in the group.

While editing a transaction in a group, I can not add new people to the Transaction. This was supported before.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Splitwise still supports editing group transactions. However, it sounds like you may be trying to edit a transaction where one of the people involved has left the group. In that case, you would need to add that person back to the group before you can edit old expenses that involve them.

If you’re still having issues, email us at support@splitwise.com and let us know what bill you’re trying to edit – we’d be happy to look into it and figure out what’s up.

8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Splitwise automatically hides any transactions that have been fully settled. When you settle up with a friend, or when your group fully settles up, all old expenses are automatically hidden behind a tap or click. (However, we do not delete the transactions, because we think it’s important to be able to review that data later if you wish.)

If you’re looking for a different behavior, let me know in the comments and I’d be happy to pass on your suggestions :) Have a great day!

9. Really amazing application

On each expanse it shows the time like.. 3 days ago,2 weeks ago..
    But there should be a exact date and time on activities.
    And a search feature so than one can easily search the particular expanse..

Thanks..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. if it is not completely settlement then it allow u to enter how much money is settled and how much is left

I am using this and sometime we had a problem beacuse everytime we don't settle completely so please add a option if it is not full settlement then how much is settled and how much is left

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. keep going!

love the app, love the web. I was starting a similar project and found yours and you are now my "goal". For me this is a personal project to see if I can build such things, but you put the bar quite high!

I saw that you are a small team, and the "Made with ☻ in Providence, RI, USA" is nice, I am a senior embedded engineer which is learning Angular2 and iOS/Android.

I will keep an eye on your company.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Optimal Settlement Plan for Group

We are a group of 6 friends trying to share our travel expenses. The settlement is far from optimal. At the end each person needs to make 5 settlements while this is not necessary.
    You can add a little code to achieve minimum number of settlement to improve the user experience. Well here is the idea of the algorithm:
    1. sort positive balance (to receive money) by value from largest to smallest
    2. sort negative balance (to pay out money) by largest absolute value to smallest absolute value
    3. use the largest absolute valued negative balance to pay the largest…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We have a very similar feature in groups. If everyone on the trip is in a group, you can turn on Simplify debts which will reduce the number of payments similar to how you suggest.

Marshall

14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the confusion! We actually do this already – when someone settles up with you, it adds a transaction to your account with the exact payment amount. You can see this transaction by going to the relevant friend screen or group screen, or by looking at the recent activity screen. Hope that helps!

15. Log individual costs too

The ability to log individual costs for a holiday as well as group costs would be great to show how much an event such as a holiday has cost each person.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! You should be able to see your share of expenses in the group totals under the more menu. It’s very basic, but should show you the individual cost in the group.

Marshall

16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The feature does work this way currently – if you add a bill on the 25th and set it to reoccur monthly, it will reoccur on the 25th of the following month. If you’re having a problem with reoccurring bills please write support@splitwise.com and specify the name of the bill. Thanks!

17. Dashboard Improvement

When a user clicks on a friend's name in dashboard, only the expenses including logged in user and that friend should be displayed instead of all expenses. This will help in faster tracking of balance between two members.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow Pro users to view who deleted entries.

I help run a large group house and recently believe someone deleted their rent charge. It would be great if we could see the user that did it to make sure.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Would be great if there was a 'select all' button in travel. Bit frustrating having to select everyone manually.

(de)select all in the travel calculator section - frustrating having to manually select everyone, especially if you have to change numbers around.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for he feedback! We do have checkboxes for each person that should select/deselect that person for each row. Is this not what you’re looking for?

Marshall

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base