Skip to content

General

869 results found

1. add autocomplete (from keyboard) from currencies USD

currently inserting bills in other currencies than USD is painful.
    I would like to click on "$" sign and quickly type e.g. EUR, PLN, GBD or something and press enter to have this currency used.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  2. To change the" total sum check" error message position from "Enter each person's share "screen to "Add bill " screen

When adding an expense paid by multiple people split wise performs the total sum check at "Enter each person's share" screen itself. So ,it's not possible to go back and correct the total amount if it was entered wrong. If I go back, then the enetered shares are lost . Though there are a couple of work arounds for this ,it would be better if the check is performed before the expense is saved .

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. adjust the german translations

In the summary of payments with a person or group the app says "Du leihst" in german for things you paid and the other(s) owe you. But "Du leihst" means "You take mony from someone else" whiich is not what you ment, I think. I would suggest a translation "Du zahltest" which means "You paid" :)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! The activity list has a 1 minute delay after expense adds to make it possible to correct obvious errors before notifications/activity items are added. We’ve had a lot of complaints like yours, though, so we’re considering changing this.

Marshall

5. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. create a billing currency within a group

Even though it is possible to enter different currencies within a group, it is not possible to create just one bill containing only one currency. That would require to have real-time currency exchange rates in order to transform all payments directly into the billing currency. Something like that would be very helpful for travellers who don't just stay within one country and use different currencies.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I can see how this would be useful, but in general, we’re not planning to add additional currency conversion features to the app at this time. The feedback we’ve received on our current set of conversion features suggests that there may not be a fair solution to the currency conversion problem that is generally acceptable. Until we can come up with a good design to get around this issue, we’ll continue to mostly keep currencies separate. Sorry I don’t have a better solution for you!

Marshall

7. iMessage integration

Please consider creating an iMessage app for splitwise. So that while chatting with friends we can directly open splitwise within iMessage thread and view and update the expenses.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is an interesting suggestion. We haven’t really looked at iMessage apps, but could be a potentially useful feature. What exactly would you like to see from a Splitwise iMessage app?

8. Change the colour of "you lent" and "you borrowed"

Change the colour so it will easily distinguish the difference with out reading between the "owes you" and "you lent" also between "owed" and "you borrowed".

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! This probably isn’t something we’ll do – there are a lot of complex sentence constructions that would need both colors in different spots and we’d need to add information to all of them where we would expect different colors. I’ll leave this open for us to reconsider if this gets a lot of support.

Marshall

9. Lock simplify debts once payments are made

The "simplify debts" setting should lock down once people start making payments. Alternatively, the person that created the group should be the only person able to change this setting.

Friends and I just had the issue where a large group of us were almost done settling up, but one person turned the setting off, made several payments, and affected people that were already done paying. They now owe more money somehow.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! This makes a lot of sense. We currently lock simplify debts when someone has settled up and then left a group, but I can see how this case is problematic as well.

10. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Change contact no using OTP.

Right now I am not able to change my contact no as it shows no already in use. User should be able to change contact no by using OTP.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show expenses involving sepeartely with me

When clicking on one contact it has to show only the expenses he/she involved with me,it will be easy to track the expenses between two contacts.Kindly develop this idea.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

If you tap any friends’ name you’ll be taken to a list of your non-group expenses with them. Group bills involving the two of you will not be displayed in that same view. This is something we may develop in the future.

13. Adjust wording for payment confirmation when using Venmo.

When paying expenses using Venmo, I'd like it if the wording of the confirmation screen was slightly different. The current wording of "from your Venmo Account" makes me think that the current payment is using my balance in Venmo, which is actually incorrect in that case (the money would be taken from my bank account linked to Venmo).

Could you consider changing the text to reflect that the payment is "via Venmo" and leave it at that? That would make me stop and consider exactly how that balance is being payed using Venmo, instead of making me jump to an…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I add 'electricity bill' as 'bijli bill', 'food bill' as 'khana bill'.Your AI wont add relevant icons for my usage. Removes the fun in usage

Train the AI to recognize common utility bill words in French, Spanish, Hindi and other popular languages too so that the relevant icons for the bill will be added.

So users that don't speak English will also get the full experience

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Share Group on mobile app

How can I share the link to join a group on Android?
    If I don't have a person's name/number saved on my android phone, I can't share the group with them to join using the link.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I've upgraded to the paid account and it would be helpful to be able to go back and forth with currencies, not just one way and done. thx

for example I'd like to see if I loan 800000 dong how much that will be in US and then switch back to dong.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion!
    We’d love to make improvements to our currency converter, and making it reversible is something we’ve thought about.
    Apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime!

17. Make deleting groups simpler. Jeez it's hidden 4 clicks deep

You UX:
    Navigate to the group you wish to delete
    - At the top of the screen there is a green header area (the one that lists group balances, above the expense list)
    - iOS: Tap the cog-shaped button on the top right of the screen (Settings button)
    - Android: Tap the three vertical dot menu and select "Group Settings"
    - Tap the "Delete this group" button

My UX:
    Swipe left in the groups page to delete a group.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Efficient Notification avoid Nonsense

I would like to suggest the notification should not sending when everytime i added a new item in group or personal list, it's so annoying when i do wrong insert, my friend keep receive the sms alert (not sure about email user).

I would like to suggest there do have a "Notification" button to trigger once i completed key-in all the items, so that everyone can receive the notification after that, nobody will have bad feeling by keep on receive alert.

This should a part of psychology, when people keep receive the alert they might feeling bad to me, maybe…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  19. We want more cats

We need a bigger variety of cats and if oh say baby cats, we need baby cats!

Ultra nice feature by the way!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here