Skip to content

General

869 results found

1. Get Whitelisted by AdBlockPlus

Your advertising isn't obtrusive or annoying, and your service is super useful. You should see about getting whitelisted by AdBlockPlus because you completely deserve to get paid.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow us to enter payees (like electric company or gas company) to which we pay bills, instead of just individual bills.

I pay three primary bills a month; gas, electric, and internet. If I were able to look at these companies as a "payee" such as Consumers Energy, it would be super nice. Then, if you were to add the functionality of being able to look at your "history" with that payee, average monthly expense, and maybe some suggestions on saving for bills, it would be super helpful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  4. Mix facebook and google account

You should be able to mix your facebook acount with your google (using boths to log-in for ex) and take your profile picture and contacts.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Authentication

Can you please add pre-existing login authentication (eg FB or Google)?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. New Group

when you add a new group, you should have the option of carrying over balances for those members into the group.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  7. add a way to add notes directly to the timeline

For example, I would like record a rate increase on the date it happened. It would be best to keep it separate from a specific bill so that it is 1) more visible (ie not buried in a note) and 2) it could happen in the middle of a billing cycle.

I have kludged it by recording a cash payment of 2 cents from myself to myself and then putting the note in the payment note, which shows directly in the timeline. But a more official way would be really nice.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea John – we are still developing the comments / notes system and we do want to develop into a full messaging feature. We’ve done some work on this recently, and some form is coming, but we’re still unsure if we want the messages to appear directly in the transaction timeline. We need to test it out before we’re confident what we think works best. Thanks for telling us about your kludge, that’s very helpful

- Jon

8. Mavericks/Safari push notifications

It would be great if you supported Safari push notifications in OS X Mavericks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

This would definitely be a cool addition at some point! It’s probably at least a little ways down the line (heck, we’re still working on bringing iOS/Android push notifications up to speed), but I’ll add it to our list of ideas for the future :)

9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea! We’d love to help facilitate logins to Utility providers, but for security reasons, we plan to add some additional layers of security (optional PIN login, stronger password controls, and external auditing) before we provide anything that should be good enough for storing login data securely. For now, I would not recommend storing login data or account details in any of the data entry fields on Splitwise.

- Jon

10. Assign the correct person when I click to send a reminder

There´s a link with people's name, then there's one button close to each name to "Send a reminder". As I clicked the button close to the person's name, I thought it was going to send to that person, but what happened is that I send the same reminder to the same person a few times, because I missed the dropdown to actually select the person. Makes sense?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Removing the button to un-delete after un-deleting an expense

Hi,

I un-deleted an expense yesterday but was a bit confused when I saw the button still appearing in the activity page. Maybe removing the button (I totally understand the logic for keeping the deletion activity in tact) would be great and not so confusing :)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Estelito – that definitely makes sense! I’ll add this to our list of to-dos for the web app. (I believe our iPhone and Android apps already work this way, so hopefully we can catch up the web app soon.)

12. addd option to add previous dues for starters

I just started using this app. No doubt, this is exactly what I was looking for. But previously I used a note taking app for the same purpose and would like to add previous dues to person while starting as a new user. In other words an option to add initial debt to a new user added would be an amazing add on!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. You can only collapse an expanded expense by clicking exactly horizontal with the expense total

I just noticed that the only area listening for a click to collapse an expanded expenses is a thin strip exactly parallel with with amount total of the expense. It would be nice if clicking anywhere in the expanded expense header collapsed the expense.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks Anon,

Very interesting suggestion! That is by design, but I’m curious to see if other people agree. Personally, I like they way it works but I’ll leave this under review to think about as we are tweaking design.

Cheers,
    Jon

14. Let me link to my profile for people to add ME

I want to share my profile on facebook with a bunch of my friends so that they can add me and I don't have to collect email addresses. Or just have my facebook/google friends be on my friends list by default, then if they make an account we're already friends and they can see their balance.

Also, what good does linking my google or facebook do?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It certainly makes sense to have a shareable profile link – in fact, I’m pretty sure that’s on our to-do list already (we just haven’t gotten to it yet). I’ll pass on the “default friends list” suggestion as well.

Right now, connecting with Google lets you access your Google contacts straight from Splitwise, so that when you start typing in a name, we can autocomplete that person’s email address. (Connecting with Facebook just lets you log in; we don’t currently request any access to your list of Facebook friends.)

15. Don't suggest individuals to pay back. Treat the group as the important entity.

Feature request.
    An option to treat the group as an entity such that instead of being told I owe person x report back that I owe the group (or the group owes me)

I don't need to see suggestions of who I pay back, because I will be paying to the group next time I pay for something.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, you should be able to do this by just ignoring the suggested repayments, and only paying attention to your total group balance. Apologies for the trouble!

16. identifying the member who owes the most in a group

In group with lots of members it is difficult to find out who owes/is owed the most. It would make it easier for that member to pay large expenses and even up with the rest of the group.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! I can see how this would be useful – maybe we could add it as an optional setting? I don’t think we’d want to do it automatically, as there are some cases where it doesn’t really apply (e.g. when a new person moves into an existing apartment after a few months). Regardless, I’ll pass on the idea. Thanks!

18. Default currency for a group in the web client

On the mobile client, whenever I add a new bill, it automatically uses the currency that I've been using in that group (e.g. I'm currently on vacation in Europe, and I'm putting all expenses in EUR).

On the web app, it still defaulted to USD $. It's not a huge deal since I can edit it, but would be nice if it defaulted to the commonly used currency in the group or something.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! That makes sense – our multi-currency support could definitely use some polish across our different apps. I’ll pass on your thoughts, and hopefully we’ll be able to improve this the next time we make a round of updates to multi-currency support :)

19. email notifications in digest format

When I settle up with my roommates, we usually settle up at the same time. When we do, I often get a barrage of notifications and email, one or more of each from all my roommates.

It would be great to get a single email with all of the transactions from the last 24 hours (or 12 hours, or 1 hour...) instead of a barrage of emails, or at least be able to snooze or modify my email notification settings.

Thanks,

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion, and sorry for the trouble! We’d like to do better digest emails at some point (like our monthly summary, but for weekly or daily updates), but we just haven’t gotten around to it yet :) For now, if you’d like to turn off some of the emails you’re getting, you can change your notification preferences from your account settings page. Hope that helps!

20. showing days expense under category rather than bills itself

rather showing every bill ...bill should shown day wise and under categories ...it would then easy to analyse expenses....for example to see my daily or monthly expenses on food or travel..i would simple click on food category of particuler date or month respectively ...this would make managing expense easier

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Annant – thanks for the interesting suggestion! I don’t think we’re likely to change the main way that bills are displayed, but I could see this as a really useful alternate view, or as part of a summary view. We’re hoping to add some better summary features next year, so I’ll pass on your thoughts at our next design meeting and see what the rest of the team thinks :)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base