General

1. Amount bars of friends on Dashboard

I think this is a simple hack, Friends are shown according to amount what they owe or I owe. Due to which if someone owes nothing or comparably very less amount then you have to abbreviate the name and on hover only you can know the details about amount and friends name.

Instead of this the bar which represents amount owed can be a box with light grey color which fills up according to amount owed. thus Friend's name and amount can be overlay-ed in same manner and always be visible. This way existing UI would be intact yet more…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Previous feature for iOS was better

Previously it showed curved left to right arrow sign when I owe someone and right to left arrow sign when someone owes me while adding some bill. That was better.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

So sorry for the trouble! I’ll pass on your feedback to the team – I know we definitely plan to keep making tweaks and improvements to the add bill form, as well as the rest of the new app.

3. Make the "Add a Bill" pop up div draggable

When I click the orange "Add a Bill" button that brings up the pop-up div, many times I need to look at what's behind it as I type my new bill. Currently, I'll start typing, have to close the window, look at an old bill, and then open up the add a bill button again and start typing the bill all over again. If you could make the div draggable when the header is clicked and held, that would be awesome.

*** Note to developers: It only takes one line of jquery code to do this (and it's cross-browser of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion – this would definitely be nice!

Unfortunately, I suspect it may be more than just one line of code, as there are places where we use custom positioning logic for our pop-ups (to handle sliding sub-menus and such). Still, I’ll add it to our list of possible improvements for the future :)

4. Allow user to cancel setting a passcode

When user clicks on set passcode from settings page and changes his mind not to set passcode, he is not displayed with any cancel button. The only way to go out of the flow is to kill the app. It's hampers the user experience..so I suggest to have an cancel button on Set passcode page

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion, I can see how that would help! I’ll pass this on. For now, you can either (a) kill the app, or (b) finish setting a passcode, then immediately disable the passcode by tapping the “Passcode” button again and choosing “Disable passcode”.

5. 50-50% payment automatically

When you enter multiple payers it would be cool if there would be possibility to make an even split automatically instead of typing in the amount displayed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Monthly Full Charts View

Monthly Full Charts View should be fully expandable instead of requiring the scroll bars

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Toggle open and close Groups and Friendds

Make the side bar max height for that of the viewport height. Make the Groups and Friends sections toggleable close / open and scroll bars within.

Prioritize payments and do calculations based on them. Say an old payment exists in my dashboard and i don't wanna delete or settle it but just ignore about it when seeing my total.

Make dashboard items selectable so that i can calculate or get a total based on the selection items from my dashboard.

Same scenario mentioned above with selection of friends and groups from side bar or on a new page would be…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestions – I’ll pass them on! We haven’t done any major work on our web app for a while, so I imagine we might be redesigning some things later this year.

8. default with one

I use splitwise with my boyfriend only. If there is only one active user, I want that person automatically selected all the time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion – I’ll pass it on! I know we do something like this for people who only use one group, and I can definitely see how it’d be useful for accounts with only one other person.

9. If you use "split equally" remove the checkbox-feature.

I came across multiple people who put expenses as split equally but unchecked themselves from the expense. It's a very sneaky thing to do and you have to manually check the expense. So if you add people to an expense and you choose to split equally the ability to remove people should be more clear, like putting a warning on the activity like "split equally among unequal people" or something.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! I can see how this would be easy to miss if used maliciously, though it is also an intentional feature. (In some groups, it’s quite common for people to add bills that don’t involve themselves.)

10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Payments need proper highlight

I see the payments part unclear and almost invisible. Rather payments should be more highlights with some green LEDs if possible. Also I feel they should be right aligned and shown in negative values as in Bank statements.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I can see how this type of view would be helpful and easy to read. We’re always looking at ways to improve our users experience. I’ll bring this up with the team at our next company meeting and see if it’s something we can get on the schedule.

12. Mix facebook and google account

You should be able to mix your facebook acount with your google (using boths to log-in for ex) and take your profile picture and contacts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Feature: Credit Card charges for use abroad

Dear developers,

we recently completed a trip abroad and our credit card company adds a surcharge for use abroad of 1.75% - It would be great if we could have optionally selected that for CC charges.

Best regards,
    Christian

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I can see how this would be useful, though I’m not immediately sure of the best way to include it in our design. I’ll pass on this suggestion at a future team meeting and add it to our list of possible improvements.

15. Provide a Document Center

I am planning on using Split Wise as a hub for running our apartment.

It would be nice to have a small communal document area to store some of our agreements. As an example, I would like to upload a roommate agreement that was signed by all of the roommates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I think it’s unlikely that we’ll do this – we really want to focus on just the expense sharing problem. If we get a lot of votes here, we’ll reconsider this.

Marshall

16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add an icon to an expense list view when there's a picture attached

At the moment, you have to open an expense just to see whether there's a picture attached. Some kind of indicator to show this on the list view would be nice. Just to mark that there's an attachment on this expense.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Post Edit individual unequal split receipts

Ability to post edit unequal bill splits for all users. After scanning receipt and individually selecting items for split i’d like to be able to go back and reselect individual items if i need to make adjustment also for others to be able to do the same.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Don't suggest individuals to pay back. Treat the group as the important entity.

Feature request.
    An option to treat the group as an entity such that instead of being told I owe person x report back that I owe the group (or the group owes me)

I don't need to see suggestions of who I pay back, because I will be paying to the group next time I pay for something.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, you should be able to do this by just ignoring the suggested repayments, and only paying attention to your total group balance. Apologies for the trouble!

20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion. Currently printable monthly summaries and statistics are only available on our website. I’m leaving this under review to see how many other users would appreciate this feature.

Best,
    Jon

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base