Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Maximum value of number is not big enough

Hello. When adding a bill, maximum value of input number is not big enough. If I enter a number greater than max value of 4byte signed integer, it is bound to this value. I know this value is okay for ordinary expense in USD but sometimes it's small for special case like buying a new house, especially in KRW(1 usd = 10xx krw). I would appreciate if you check it out. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! I’ll pass on the suggestion, but it may be a while before we fix this – accepting expenses that cost more than 8 digits would require us to make some database changes. In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience!

3. Efficient Notification avoid Nonsense

I would like to suggest the notification should not sending when everytime i added a new item in group or personal list, it's so annoying when i do wrong insert, my friend keep receive the sms alert (not sure about email user).

I would like to suggest there do have a "Notification" button to trigger once i completed key-in all the items, so that everyone can receive the notification after that, nobody will have bad feeling by keep on receive alert.

This should a part of psychology, when people keep receive the alert they might feeling bad to me, maybe…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add subscription feeds to the calendar function

Add support for calendar subscriptions (i.e., .ics .gcal .html) to the calendar function for groups. Simply having a calendar item that said "Pay <name> for <bill name>" or "<bill name> due" would be great. I would find this especially handy for recurring bills (e.g., utilities, rent, groceries).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Assign the correct person when I click to send a reminder

There´s a link with people's name, then there's one button close to each name to "Send a reminder". As I clicked the button close to the person's name, I thought it was going to send to that person, but what happened is that I send the same reminder to the same person a few times, because I missed the dropdown to actually select the person. Makes sense?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. have a field with payment information per person

It'd be nice if I can add a bit of text to my profile so other people can see how they can transfer email to me. (e.g. if I prefer Paypal, or bank transfers).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Display summary in multiple rows per currency type

I would like to see the details like you owe, you are owed or total balance in multiple rows per currency type. So that bills added in USD or INR can be tracked or viewed on summary easily.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! I can see how that would be useful. I don’t think we will change the summary. But we might be able to come up with a better way show you a summary of your balances in all currencies.

9. add a way to add notes directly to the timeline

For example, I would like record a rate increase on the date it happened. It would be best to keep it separate from a specific bill so that it is 1) more visible (ie not buried in a note) and 2) it could happen in the middle of a billing cycle.

I have kludged it by recording a cash payment of 2 cents from myself to myself and then putting the note in the payment note, which shows directly in the timeline. But a more official way would be really nice.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea John – we are still developing the comments / notes system and we do want to develop into a full messaging feature. We’ve done some work on this recently, and some form is coming, but we’re still unsure if we want the messages to appear directly in the transaction timeline. We need to test it out before we’re confident what we think works best. Thanks for telling us about your kludge, that’s very helpful

- Jon

10. make a chrome extension that adds a "splitwise" button to transactions on Mint

I don't always remember to split a transaction as soon as it happens, or the transaction is one that I'm not physically present for (like when the power company autobills). It would be cool if there was a chrome extension that scraped data from the Mint transactions page when I visit it so that when I review my transactions on Mint I can just click a button (inserted onto the page via extension) to auto-import that transaction into Splitwise

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We actually sort of love this idea (we’ve definitely thought about it before), though it hasn’t actually made it on to our roadmap yet, and I’m not sure if we’d do it by a Chrome extension or by some other means. In general, though, we think it would be super convenient to import expenses directly from your other accounts :) Hopefully in the future!

11. Double check your special character parsing on notes

When I add the following smiley face symbol to a comment, the text following the '<' is not rendered, along with the '<' itself:

>_<

The '<' symbol and all text following are not rendered.

Thanks for building an awesome product!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Most of our user testing has indicated that people understand “you owe” a bit more easily than “I owe”, which is why we’ve gone with that decision for now. Still, we’re definitely open to changing in the future if we find that it helps people understand what’s going on!

14. Add a 'consolidate debts' option

As a variation on the 'tips for splitting expenses in groups with couples' and 'debt simplification' perhaps an easy alternative would be the option to select one or more users and simply consolidate all of their borrowings/loans into one account. This would save having to allocate shares while making purchases and would work for family holidays as well: parents could pay for all the children involved and then consolidate this after the fact when settling up their own debts as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Tracker-free ads

Hello there,

I'm a new user of Splitwise. While I don't think paying for the Pro version is worth it for me, I would like to support the service by deactivating my ad blocker. However, after doing so, I still see no ads. I quickly realized that the ads are still being blocked by both the DuckDuckGo extension and the Privacy Badger extension, which are tracker blockers.

Just to be clear, those are not Ad blockers. They just block trackers. It just so happens that most ads track you, and therefore they get blocked. While I'm perfectly fine with adding…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow changing of subscription values

Hi guys,

I think it would be great if we can change the values of subscription. Currently, if I want to pay more or less for you guys, I have to cancel my subscription and start a new one.

It would be nice to avoid all these tasks to change the value.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. give a prompt to automatically add people to "all purchases" if they enter after payments are entered

So what happened is we started compiling receipts and splitting payments across this group, and a couple guys joined later - thus, they were not a part of splitting some of the earlier payments (reasonably so). it would make sense to add a prompt when those people join, if they want to be part of "all". Perhaps this can be done by creating a group identity "all" instead of listing all N people in the group when split with all.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! This is something we’ve been thinking about, though we don’t have any plans for this at the moment. For now, you can edit existing expenses to add new members.

Marshall

18. Amount bars of friends on Dashboard

I think this is a simple hack, Friends are shown according to amount what they owe or I owe. Due to which if someone owes nothing or comparably very less amount then you have to abbreviate the name and on hover only you can know the details about amount and friends name.

Instead of this the bar which represents amount owed can be a box with light grey color which fills up according to amount owed. thus Friend's name and amount can be overlay-ed in same manner and always be visible. This way existing UI would be intact yet more…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Previous feature for iOS was better

Previously it showed curved left to right arrow sign when I owe someone and right to left arrow sign when someone owes me while adding some bill. That was better.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

So sorry for the trouble! I’ll pass on your feedback to the team – I know we definitely plan to keep making tweaks and improvements to the add bill form, as well as the rest of the new app.

20. Make the "Add a Bill" pop up div draggable

When I click the orange "Add a Bill" button that brings up the pop-up div, many times I need to look at what's behind it as I type my new bill. Currently, I'll start typing, have to close the window, look at an old bill, and then open up the add a bill button again and start typing the bill all over again. If you could make the div draggable when the header is clicked and held, that would be awesome.

*** Note to developers: It only takes one line of jquery code to do this (and it's cross-browser of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion – this would definitely be nice!

Unfortunately, I suspect it may be more than just one line of code, as there are places where we use custom positioning logic for our pop-ups (to handle sliding sub-menus and such). Still, I’ll add it to our list of possible improvements for the future :)

• Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base