General

1. add more currencies

some currencies are missing, like for example Thai Bhat. may be good to add thee as well.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tax and Tip

hey guys love the work you are doing. One tiny suggestion is that for tip and tax calculation, I would prefer to enter the amount and not the %.
    Also when entering data the widget or small screen that the site switches to is too small, please make the experience full screen.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Split an expense equally with individual $ or % adjustment

Use-Case: Utility Bills where in 99.9% of the time it is split equally, except in the case of individual-specific overage charges.

I would like to be able to set the bill to split equally, then add/subtract either a finite $ amount or a % to one person, and then (here's the important part) see the amount the other people owe automatically adjust to still be split equally (amongst the remaining parties) such that the leftover amount is brought back down to $0.00 automatically.

A competing service has this feature and it is very useful to not have to compute manually…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. add tooltips for the buttons.

I'm mousing over and having to use the destination URLs to figure out what buttons do! Give me tooltips! Also, I can't figure out how to add a recurring expense...

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This will now be the case for all new bills added for bills with multiple friends. We don’t currently plan to update older split bills to the new, cleaner format.

6. please add automatic reminder facility via sms and mails to payee rather lendr reminding thm causing awkwrd situation smtime

please add automatic reminder facility via sms and mails to payee rather lendr reminding thm causing awkwrd situation.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Rename friends

I can't find a way to rename friends. Somehow a few got added under only their first initial during import from Billmonk. If there is a way, it should be made clearer!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve added the ability to edit details of friends who have not yet logged in. Just visit the friendships settings page for the friend that you wish to edit, and you’ll be able to change their name or email address.

Note that once a user has logged in, only that person can change their name or email address.

8. Add more icons

Add more icons like for drink, vegetables. entertainment

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. On the Divide a Bill box, remember what is entered in the first two boxes.

Once I enter amount and description, if I go and add people the entered information is cleared. Please remember the information or change the layout so that adding people is done first.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Multi Currency

I wish there was a way to convert multi currency into one home currency to square off debits.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Splitwise does support currency change/conversion features. There’s 2 types of currency operations:

Currency change - this will simply change the currency on ALL your bills/expenses to a desired currency. For example if you have an expense between 3 friends for USD 100 and you use this feature, the bill amount will simply change it to EUR 100. This feature is useful for cases where you or your friend made a mistake while setting the currency earlier and now simply want to correct that mistake.

To use this feature, simply click on your name on the top right on our website and navigate to the ‘Your account’ section. Here, you’ll find an option to ‘Set all bills to EUR’ in the ‘Advanced’ section at the bottom. This feature is free to use for all Splitwise users.

Do note that this change is IRREVERSIBLE. Once you choose to change your…

11. Link contacts by Phone Number

I'm sure you have usage statistics on this, but I'm guessing the primary users of your app are phone-based, and not PC-based (except for features currently not possible in the apps).
    Due to this, contacts should be linked by phone numbers, and debts can be sent by push notifications (another idea I've posted). That'll allow easier addition and maintenance of friends.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now invite friends by phone numbers and receive push notifications. There are still some issues with matching invites to users that we are working on.

Marshall

12. Allow selecting currency for each specific bill

Hi,

I live in the border between Switzerland and France and travel many times with my friends. We constantly need the option to choose between Swiss Francs and Euro for each specific bill. It it also very practical for trips (Eastern Europe, etc.)

We are a big group trying to look for alternatives to leave bill monk (as almost everyone here, by what I have seen in the forums). So far yours looks the best, except that we really need this option (as well as the other ones I have voted).

Cheers,
    João

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can select the currency for each bill on web, iPhone and Android, though the Android app does not currently display the correct currency (expect an update that displays correctly in the next few weeks).

Marshall

13. Ability to save receipts that are not square

Using the iPhone app you can only save receipts that are square. Could you add the ability to save receipts of all sizes? I think this is important since non of my receipts are actually square.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update: we no longer crop receipts on iPhone.

I’ll pass on this suggestion. Currently, we crop everything to be square because it makes it easier to display in a nice way (you don’t have to worry about different aspect ratios, landscape vs portrait, etc), but I can understand why you’d want a non-square receipt.

14. URL to invite people outside the group to join

I want to be able to say, "Join my splitwise group here!" and send a url. Can you please make that happen?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. hi, I would love to be add pictures of receipts from the camera roll. Also, being able to edit friends info within the app

Hi, I would love to be add pictures of receipts from the camera roll. Right now, the app only allows you to take pictures on the spot. You cannot use the ones from your camera roll.

Also, we cannot edit friends info on the app. If we select a wrong eail adress it cannot be edited/changed on the app. We have to login online to do so. So being able to edit friends email addresses within the app would be great too!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Monthly report

Plz add option to view expanse monthly .
    It will lot help

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello! You can see this figure from our website. Just head to ‘All Expenses’ and click ‘Trends’ on the right hand side, then ‘view full charts’.

best, Zoe

17. Insert a grand total for all expenses for a group

It would be nice to see a grand total of all expenses for individual groups. I realize this can be done by exporting the data then adding it up, but it just seems like an inefficient process that can be eliminated by inserting a simple sum function.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Group totals exist as a feature on both iOS and Android, and on the website, you can see totals in a group by going to “View printable summary” from the month header above your expenses in the list, and choosing “all time” as the date range on the top right corner.

18. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add optional email notifications for new expenses

Can you add an option to subscribe for an email option whenever an expense is added?
    If one of the room mates add an expense in an old date, there is no way i am going to know about it except if i am keeping close watch on my balance.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Done! To turn on notifications for new expenses, go into your user settings (at the top right of the screen, click your name and then “My account”). Under “Notifications”, click the checkbox next to “When a new expense is added”. You’ll receive an email whenever someone else adds an expense that involves you.

We’re also working on notifications for any time an expense is updated, but for technical reasons those probably won’t happen for another month or two. If that sounds like something you’re interested in, let us know!

20. add a feature to see total personal expense in a group

I have groups made for trips or for certain occasions and what i want to know for my records is how much have i spent on that occasion or trip. Currently, i can see only the break up of how much I spent on each expense item but I want to also see a sum of that, i.e total expense for the entire group as well for each member of that group

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base