General

1. add a feature to see total personal expense in a group

I have groups made for trips or for certain occasions and what i want to know for my records is how much have i spent on that occasion or trip. Currently, i can see only the break up of how much I spent on each expense item but I want to also see a sum of that, i.e total expense for the entire group as well for each member of that group

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Emoji support

I'd like to be able to add emojis to my debt titles

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Emoji support was added on April 1st 2016! We also released a complete emoji translation of the site for April Fools Day. It will not be around forever so check it out!

3. Backup data on deleting a group

If some one deletes a group by mistake the data is lost for ever. there should be an option to un-delete or get a static file as final balance depicting the state of group when deleted.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We do have this data around, but it requires one of us to bring back old group data. Please email support for help with this. We’re planning to change the way groups work with regards to this soon.

Marshall

4. Delete Expense

1. When a expense is deleted, a push notification is sent to ios users, however it doesnt say who deleted the expense?

Could you please add this information in the push message.

2. When the push notification is clicked, it should take straight to that particular expense details and not the overview screen.

Please do the needful for our convenience.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Monthly email reminders

I like the function to email people in the group to remind them to settle up. Our rent is due on a certain day every month. It would be great if there was a setting to select this settle up email to go out automatically on a certain day each month.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

By default, there’s a monthly summary email that goes out to all users on the first of the month. You can also set up an automatic reminder email for a specific bill by going into the date settings for that bill – click on the date, then choose a repeat interval, and you should see an option for sending a reminder in advance.

Hope that helps! If you’re looking for something different, or if I’ve misunderstood your suggestion, let us know at support@splitwise.com – we’d love to hear your thoughts :)

6. Deleting a group on the mobile app

Ability to delete a group from the mobile app. (This group was created in the mobile app and is unable to be seen on the web app)

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show a specific expense for the last X months in Spending breakdown

For example, i would like to see how much we are spending on groceries for the last 6 months. Or how much i spent on gas for the past year.
    Some bills aren't monthly, and the current view (which adds a lot

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Jonathan,

If you upgrade to Splitwise Pro you can do this. If you’re interested head to your Account Settings page on the web. It’s pay-what-you-want.

Cheers, Zoe

8. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Rotate who pays the extra penny when the bill cannot be split evenly.

When the bill cannot be split evenly between people in a group, why should the guy on top of the alphabetical order of the group members always have to pay the extra penny. Say the bill is $10. when split between 3 people, it gets divided as $3.34, $3.33 and $3.33. Now $3.34 is always the share of the guy whose name starts with an A or the guy with a name high on the alphabetical order list. This is not fair. Please correct this. (Should be simple to implement right?) With my name starting with an A, I almost…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We now randomly assign the extra penny on all platforms, though on iPhone, the entire remainder gets assigned to one person randomly instead of more correctly splitting it. I don’t think tweaking this further is a high priority for us, and this should eventually be correct.

Marshall

10. Send message to the group/friend in the group

We should be able to send a message to the group/friend which is visible to them as a notification/ pop up when they login

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can add comments to expenses, which show up in the recent activity feed when your friend opens the app next. If they have push notification or email notifications for comments turned on, they will also receive one of those.

Marshall

11. Add paypal payment via GBP

We are using the app with british pounds, can you turn on settling via paypal with pounds please!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Split by shares just as in the Web app

The mobile app would be very useful if it would work exactly like the Web app. I do not understand why you have not implemented the same way:

- all members have one share by default
    - it supports decimal values, for example 0.5

Thankyou and regards

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update: this is now available on all platforms. Android does not currently allow decimal shares, but fixing this is something we plan to do.

Thanks for the suggestion! Yep, we’d love to improve split-by-shares in our mobile apps and make it work as well as it does on the web – we just haven’t gotten around to it yet :) Hopefully we can include it in an update in the near future.

13. Friend balance on Dash board

Currently All balance on dash board shows personal balance in group and friends separately. Can you show aggregated value from group and friend to treat as main balance rather than clicking on friend name and seeing the details.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Set recurrent bill information

Should be an option to set and re-use recurrent bills without having to re-type every month (Rent, utilities, etc)

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there – you can actually update your profile picture already! You should be able to change your picture in our mobile app by going to the settings screen and tapping on your current picture. You can also change your picture from our website by logging in to splitwise.com and going to the account settings page. Hope that helps!

16. Mark the group Settled once all payement is done.

Once the group expenses is settled up, is there a way that I can create a checkpoint in the group so that all the new expenses dont include the old ones.

I want to keep all the old records but sort of hide them (or archive them) so that I can see the new shared expenses by default. and incase I need to look into history I can select the checkpoints and see details between those checkpoints.

Another way could be if we could create events within the group and add the expenses related to that event. For example ...…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Itemized Billing

When we often buy grocery, Out of the 3 of us, 2 of share a commodity and the third guy doesn't. Would be great if we could have some feature to enter that w/o using a calculator.

Sid

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m not sure wether to mark this as completed or declined. We have finished this on web, but do not have plans to bring this to the mobile apps. That screen is very hard to design on small screens.

Marshall

18. Input tip as dollar amount on itemized expenses.s

For those of us that just eyeball the tip it would be nice to not have to hand calculate the percent. Great product otherwise.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. add a lightweight 'payment received' ticky

I trust my housemates to pay their share of the bills, but I also like to verify those payments. It would be lovely if payments came with a 'payment received' ticky where I can record that I've confrmed payment (and functionality to allow me to show only confirmed/unconfirmed payments).

I know that Splitwise used to have a confirmation step and it confused people, and that's definitely not what I'm asking. Instead I'm asking for an optional/advanced feature, and one that's possibly only visible to the receiver.

As someone who regularly reconciles their bank statements, the fact that Splitwise doesn't let…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add more than two persons in itemized bills

Currently only two people can use the itemized billing option... Cant we extend that to more than two

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have fixed this bug! You should now be able to add as many people as you want to an across friendship expense and be able to split it up in any of the ways we offer.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base