Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Ability to save receipts that are not square

Using the iPhone app you can only save receipts that are square. Could you add the ability to save receipts of all sizes? I think this is important since non of my receipts are actually square.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: we no longer crop receipts on iPhone.

I’ll pass on this suggestion. Currently, we crop everything to be square because it makes it easier to display in a nice way (you don’t have to worry about different aspect ratios, landscape vs portrait, etc), but I can understand why you’d want a non-square receipt.

2. Multi Currency

I wish there was a way to convert multi currency into one home currency to square off debits.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Splitwise does support currency change/conversion features. There’s 2 types of currency operations:

Currency change - this will simply change the currency on ALL your bills/expenses to a desired currency. For example if you have an expense between 3 friends for USD 100 and you use this feature, the bill amount will simply change it to EUR 100. This feature is useful for cases where you or your friend made a mistake while setting the currency earlier and now simply want to correct that mistake.

To use this feature, simply click on your name on the top right on our website and navigate to the ‘Your account’ section. Here, you’ll find an option to ‘Set all bills to EUR’ in the ‘Advanced’ section at the bottom. This feature is free to use for all Splitwise users.

Do note that this change is IRREVERSIBLE. Once you choose to change your…

3. please add automatic reminder facility via sms and mails to payee rather lendr reminding thm causing awkwrd situation smtime

please add automatic reminder facility via sms and mails to payee rather lendr reminding thm causing awkwrd situation.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. Add paypal payment via GBP

We are using the app with british pounds, can you turn on settling via paypal with pounds please!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Backup data on deleting a group

If some one deletes a group by mistake the data is lost for ever. there should be an option to un-delete or get a static file as final balance depicting the state of group when deleted.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We do have this data around, but it requires one of us to bring back old group data. Please email support for help with this. We’re planning to change the way groups work with regards to this soon.

Marshall

6. Delete Expense

1. When a expense is deleted, a push notification is sent to ios users, however it doesnt say who deleted the expense?

Could you please add this information in the push message.

1. When the push notification is clicked, it should take straight to that particular expense details and not the overview screen.

Please do the needful for our convenience.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  7. Show a specific expense for the last X months in Spending breakdown

For example, i would like to see how much we are spending on groceries for the last 6 months. Or how much i spent on gas for the past year.
    Some bills aren't monthly, and the current view (which adds a lot

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Jonathan,

If you upgrade to Splitwise Pro you can do this. If you’re interested head to your Account Settings page on the web. It’s pay-what-you-want.

Cheers, Zoe

8. Monthly report

Plz add option to view expanse monthly .
    It will lot help

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello! You can see this figure from our website. Just head to ‘All Expenses’ and click ‘Trends’ on the right hand side, then ‘view full charts’.

best, Zoe

9. 9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Export to excel

There shall be an option of exporting the balances to excel in a similar way as "detailed statement of bank account".

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  11. Add optional email notifications for new expenses

Can you add an option to subscribe for an email option whenever an expense is added?

If one of the room mates add an expense in an old date, there is no way i am going to know about it except if i am keeping close watch on my balance.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Done! To turn on notifications for new expenses, go into your user settings (at the top right of the screen, click your name and then “My account”). Under “Notifications”, click the checkbox next to “When a new expense is added”. You’ll receive an email whenever someone else adds an expense that involves you.

We’re also working on notifications for any time an expense is updated, but for technical reasons those probably won’t happen for another month or two. If that sounds like something you’re interested in, let us know!

12. 8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Rotate who pays the extra penny when the bill cannot be split evenly.

When the bill cannot be split evenly between people in a group, why should the guy on top of the alphabetical order of the group members always have to pay the extra penny. Say the bill is $10. when split between 3 people, it gets divided as $3.34, $3.33 and $3.33. Now $3.34 is always the share of the guy whose name starts with an A or the guy with a name high on the alphabetical order list. This is not fair. Please correct this. (Should be simple to implement right?) With my name starting with an A, I almost…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We now randomly assign the extra penny on all platforms, though on iPhone, the entire remainder gets assigned to one person randomly instead of more correctly splitting it. I don’t think tweaking this further is a high priority for us, and this should eventually be correct.

Marshall

14. Grouping of expense by subject

When I divide a bill let us say monthly parking and I want to see only parking expenses for the last few months, then there should be an option of directly grouping the parking expenses, so that user can see themselves that how much money has been spent just on parking only.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Deleting a group on the mobile app

Ability to delete a group from the mobile app. (This group was created in the mobile app and is unable to be seen on the web app)

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow me to delete a friend

I can't find any way to delete a friend on web or mobile.

eg: I have the same person with two email addresses and they appear twice in my friend list so I want to delete one entry. Or I've got too many friends and I want to simplify my list to people that I'm actively likely to share bills with.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

On the web: go to that friend, then click the gear next to the name on the top, and then click “Remove friend” or “Edit friend info”.

On iOS or Android: from the dashboard, tap on that friend, then tap on the header (where their total balance is displayed), then tap “Delete this friend”.

You may not be able to delete a friend if you have bills together that also involve other people (as deleting that person and those bills would affect other people’s balances as well). If you need special assistance, feel free to contact us at support@splitwise.com.

17. Monthly email reminders

I like the function to email people in the group to remind them to settle up. Our rent is due on a certain day every month. It would be great if there was a setting to select this settle up email to go out automatically on a certain day each month.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

By default, there’s a monthly summary email that goes out to all users on the first of the month. You can also set up an automatic reminder email for a specific bill by going into the date settings for that bill – click on the date, then choose a repeat interval, and you should see an option for sending a reminder in advance.

Hope that helps! If you’re looking for something different, or if I’ve misunderstood your suggestion, let us know at support@splitwise.com – we’d love to hear your thoughts :)

18. My share & expenses

The "view printable summary" in a group link shows some numbers which IMO are pretty useless.
    What anyone expects is:
    1) How much is my share?
    2) How much money did I pay?
    These two important questions are not answered at all by the numbers from the summary. Not only are they not answered but they cannot even be derived from the numbers in the summary rendering it useless.

Either the group or the summary should display these two parameters. As an example of what I expect and would be most convenient to all, check this image:
    http://postimg.org/image/tw2zbwplt/

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

You can view the total you paid for and your share of expenses in groups in our mobile apps.

On iOS, tap ‘Totals’ in the horizontal menu.

On Android, tap the menu icon in the upper right corner and then tap ‘View group totals’

19. Expenses are getting added twice

This is a serious issue which I found more than 3 times. After adding expenses it's got added 2 times. Hope you will look in to it.

Thanks
    Raees

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  20. allow groups to be organized into a folder structure so that you can "hide" a bunch from the list.

So you could have a folder for "past trips" and minimize them. For example. (hi!!)

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Our mobile apps now hide settled up groups after 7 days with no activity.

You can also tap the filter icon in your group’s tab and choose to only view “Groups with outstanding balances”.

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base