Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Send message to the group/friend in the group

We should be able to send a message to the group/friend which is visible to them as a notification/ pop up when they login

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    10 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

You can add comments to expenses, which show up in the recent activity feed when your friend opens the app next. If they have push notification or email notifications for comments turned on, they will also receive one of those.

Marshall

2. Emoji support

I'd like to be able to add emojis to my debt titles

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Emoji support was added on April 1st 2016! We also released a complete emoji translation of the site for April Fools Day. It will not be around forever so check it out!

3. Split by shares just as in the Web app

The mobile app would be very useful if it would work exactly like the Web app. I do not understand why you have not implemented the same way:

• all members have one share by default
    • it supports decimal values, for example 0.5

Thankyou and regards

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: this is now available on all platforms. Android does not currently allow decimal shares, but fixing this is something we plan to do.

Thanks for the suggestion! Yep, we’d love to improve split-by-shares in our mobile apps and make it work as well as it does on the web – we just haven’t gotten around to it yet :) Hopefully we can include it in an update in the near future.

4. 8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  5. please study bill monk first.

Please go through bill monk first.
    And you will know what it can do.
    1)one-to-one transaction history
    2)bill split evenally with whole figure rounding.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. Input tip as dollar amount on itemized expenses.s

For those of us that just eyeball the tip it would be nice to not have to hand calculate the percent. Great product otherwise.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Modifications/additions to the new itemization feature

I like the new itemization feature, but with a group of 5 people, the interface is cramped to the point that it becomes impossible to deselect the 5th person in the grid.

Also, it would be awesome to be able to edit the itemization after the entry has been created, for example, if Billy Bob decides he does want to pay for the cheese balls he does not like, and therefore will not partake of.

Oh, and one other thing; it would be useful to be able to create tax subgroups. Say I bought not only groceries at the store,…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. Refresh button for Dashboard

Auto refresh of dashboard when ever i switch to dashboard.
    And autorefresh for every few seconds interval
    and also refresh button for dashboard

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. Add more than two persons in itemized bills

Currently only two people can use the itemized billing option... Cant we extend that to more than two

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have fixed this bug! You should now be able to add as many people as you want to an across friendship expense and be able to split it up in any of the ways we offer.

10. Friend balance on Dash board

Currently All balance on dash board shows personal balance in group and friends separately. Can you show aggregated value from group and friend to treat as main balance rather than clicking on friend name and seeing the details.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Mark the group Settled once all payement is done.

Once the group expenses is settled up, is there a way that I can create a checkpoint in the group so that all the new expenses dont include the old ones.

I want to keep all the old records but sort of hide them (or archive them) so that I can see the new shared expenses by default. and incase I need to look into history I can select the checkpoints and see details between those checkpoints.

Another way could be if we could create events within the group and add the expenses related to that event. For example ...…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. Settle-Up Page Link to paypal

It'd be nice to have a link to "Pay via PayPal" in the Settle-Up page that auto-fills a PayPal payment with the amount owed.

It'd also be righteous if, once that payment is processed, it updated the group expenses automatically to reflect the payment.

Keep up the good work!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Itemized Billing

When we often buy grocery, Out of the 3 of us, 2 of share a commodity and the third guy doesn't. Would be great if we could have some feature to enter that w/o using a calculator.

Sid

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m not sure wether to mark this as completed or declined. We have finished this on web, but do not have plans to bring this to the mobile apps. That screen is very hard to design on small screens.

Marshall

14. Recognize gmail addresses with or without periods

My friend invited me to Splitwise using my gmail address xxx.y.z.x@gmail.com. When I tried to log in using xxxyzx@gmail.com (same address, but Google lets us put periods for easier dictation and understanding), Splitwise did not recognize this as the same account. Confused, I created a separate account using the email address without periods, only to find that now I have two Splitwise accounts. Having the ability to add multiple emails would also address this issue.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Update: sorry for the delay! We now handle this correctly.

Definitely a good suggestion – we’ve had similar confusion with “@gmail.com” vs “@googlemail.com” in the UK and some other territories. We hope to add support for multiple emails later this summer, and better support for Gmail specifically.

15. Don't require email address for group members

Requiring group members to have a unique email address makes it difficult to keep track of money I owe myself.

I sometimes borrow money from a savings account and want to track how much I "owe" myself which SplitWise would be perfect for with a slight change. The current system only allows unique email addresses as group members so I have to use a workaround to add my savings account as a member so I can record my repayment.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Actually, email addresses are already optional for group members – on the “create group” page, just leave a person’s email blank when adding them. The field should say “Email address (optional)”. Hope that helps!

16. add a lightweight 'payment received' ticky

I trust my housemates to pay their share of the bills, but I also like to verify those payments. It would be lovely if payments came with a 'payment received' ticky where I can record that I've confrmed payment (and functionality to allow me to show only confirmed/unconfirmed payments).

I know that Splitwise used to have a confirmation step and it confused people, and that's definitely not what I'm asking. Instead I'm asking for an optional/advanced feature, and one that's possibly only visible to the receiver.

As someone who regularly reconciles their bank statements, the fact that Splitwise doesn't let…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. poking a person

idea is to add a feature..poke..which pokes a person by sending him an email, reminding about the money he owes...because generally people dont check their splitwise accounts regularly..

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can actually do this already! From our website: click a friend or group in the left column, then click the settings icon at the top of the right column and choose “Send a balance reminder”. From our mobile apps: tap on a friend, then tap the “Remind” button. Hope that helps!

18. Invite Friends

Whenever I invite a new friend for whom I have multiple contact methods they all show up in the autocomplete search box. That's confusing because I don't want to invite my friend at the wrong address. Can you set it up so that I can pick which phone number or address to use? You could insert smaller grey text after the friend's name.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

This should be possible on all platforms. If you’re still seeing this problem somewhere, please open a ticket. It’s also possible to invite friends by phone number as well, though the web app does not support this very well.

19. Set recurrent bill information

Should be an option to set and re-use recurrent bills without having to re-type every month (Rent, utilities, etc)

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Monthly payments

Monthly payment details and settling up monthly wise will very helpful

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here