General

1. poking a person

idea is to add a feature..poke..which pokes a person by sending him an email, reminding about the money he owes...because generally people dont check their splitwise accounts regularly..

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can actually do this already! From our website: click a friend or group in the left column, then click the settings icon at the top of the right column and choose “Send a balance reminder”. From our mobile apps: tap on a friend, then tap the “Remind” button. Hope that helps!

2. Splitwise in spanish?

It could be possible?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Grouping of expense by subject

When I divide a bill let us say monthly parking and I want to see only parking expenses for the last few months, then there should be an option of directly grouping the parking expenses, so that user can see themselves that how much money has been spent just on parking only.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export data to spreadsheet directly from app

To see how money was spent and make critical reviews.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update: This is now available on iPhone and Android!

We hear you loud and clear! Spreadsheet export will soon be available on iPhone, and a bit later on Android.

Right now, you CAN export to spreadsheet but only on the website. You can do this by going to the group/friend in question, then clicking on the settings “gear” in the upper right, then “Export as spreadsheet.”

Best,
    Jon

5. Attachment option: to attach a copy for the bill

When working in big groups and specially with some people in the group who you do not know too well, it would be good to have a option where in while entering the amount there is an upload bill option. With this all people in the group can see where the money was spent and is the claim genuine.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature is already available on both iOS and Android.

While adding a bill, look for a camera icon or receipt option, this allows you to take a picture of the bill and attach it along with the transaction. This picture is then permanently recorded with the expense, and is available to all users involved in the expense.

6. Group totals should include non-default currencies

View group totals should show all currencies, not just the default one

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update: on mobile, groups now show all balances on the group screen.

This makes total sense – leaving it under review to see how many other users need this.

Best,
    Jon

7. Modifications/additions to the new itemization feature

I like the new itemization feature, but with a group of 5 people, the interface is cramped to the point that it becomes impossible to deselect the 5th person in the grid.

Also, it would be awesome to be able to edit the itemization after the entry has been created, for example, if Billy Bob decides he does want to pay for the cheese balls he does not like, and therefore will not partake of.

Oh, and one other thing; it would be useful to be able to create tax subgroups. Say I bought not only groceries at the store,…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. please study bill monk first.

Please go through bill monk first.
    And you will know what it can do.
    1)one-to-one transaction history
    2)bill split evenally with whole figure rounding.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. please add the NOK (norske kroner - Norwegian crowns) currency

I'm Norwegian. Therefore I'm bound to use, lend and owe NOK. Please add it to your list of currencies :)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Invite Friends

Whenever I invite a new friend for whom I have multiple contact methods they all show up in the autocomplete search box. That's confusing because I don't want to invite my friend at the wrong address. Can you set it up so that I can pick which phone number or address to use? You could insert smaller grey text after the friend's name.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This should be possible on all platforms. If you’re still seeing this problem somewhere, please open a ticket. It’s also possible to invite friends by phone number as well, though the web app does not support this very well.

11. Don't require email address for group members

Requiring group members to have a unique email address makes it difficult to keep track of money I owe myself.

I sometimes borrow money from a savings account and want to track how much I "owe" myself which SplitWise would be perfect for with a slight change. The current system only allows unique email addresses as group members so I have to use a workaround to add my savings account as a member so I can record my repayment.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Actually, email addresses are already optional for group members – on the “create group” page, just leave a person’s email blank when adding them. The field should say “Email address (optional)”. Hope that helps!

12. Settle-Up Page Link to paypal

It'd be nice to have a link to "Pay via PayPal" in the Settle-Up page that auto-fills a PayPal payment with the amount owed.

It'd also be righteous if, once that payment is processed, it updated the group expenses automatically to reflect the payment.

Keep up the good work!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Expenses are getting added twice

This is a serious issue which I found more than 3 times. After adding expenses it's got added 2 times. Hope you will look in to it.

Thanks
    Raees

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add a "notes" field to expenses for more details

Each purchase needs a description field

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Export to excel

There shall be an option of exporting the balances to excel in a similar way as "detailed statement of bank account".

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Recording a payment

Suppose A paid B a sum of $ x. When that payment is recorded, the mobile app, in my opinion, incorrectly says "B paid A $ x". It should be the other way round. Its confusing if you put it that way. The overall balances settle up correctly but the description of the payment on the Android app is confusing.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Maintain percentage split functionality in new splitwise

In the new splitwise user interface, splitting bills by percentage doesn't seem to be working. (by adding the percentage in the "owed" fields in the expenses pop-up. If there's another way in the new interface to do this, please let me know!) This feature is the only reason I use splitwise. Please include it in the new design. :)

In addition, I'd like to request that when filling out the percentages, the final percentage is automatically calculated. For example: I split all my groceries and take-out with my roommate 60/40% because he eats more than me. It is tiresome to…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: This is now available on the web! To do this you choose “split the bill unequally” and you’ll see the new options on how to split a bill in there (% being one of them)

We plan on bringing the % split back in the near future. We’ve gotten a lot of requests for it after we removed it and will be putting it back in very soon. The automatically adding the total up to 100% is something I think would be awesome also. We have talked about it, just don’t have a date on it yet.

I do like the batch idea, and I could see that or something like a “default split” (where it’s 60/40 all the time unless you specify something different). We have discussed the batch processing in the past, and will be addressing it again once our big release comes out.

18. Show one balance for one person

If possible, combine one individual's balance which is recorded under both "Group" and "Friends" under Dashboard. Otherwise its very confusing on how much each of my friends have to pay me!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bug in split wise

I add a transaction with a, b
    Then I edit transaction to add c, d
    The update does not show up

Then I go to transaction with a and delete this transaction
    But it still shows up with b

Am I missing something?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Color coded transactions in iPhone app

Presently the transactions are not color coded for debit and credit for individual people inside the iPhone App. Its difficult to differentiate without color coding. Good idea to have color coding for these transactions. It can be similar to the color coding on dash board.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories