672 results found

1. 7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey there – you can actually update your profile picture already! You should be able to change your picture in our mobile app by going to the settings screen and tapping on your current picture. You can also change your picture from our website by logging in to splitwise.com and going to the account settings page. Hope that helps!

2. Export data to spreadsheet directly from app

To see how money was spent and make critical reviews.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: This is now available on iPhone and Android!

We hear you loud and clear! Spreadsheet export will soon be available on iPhone, and a bit later on Android.

Right now, you CAN export to spreadsheet but only on the website. You can do this by going to the group/friend in question, then clicking on the settings “gear” in the upper right, then “Export as spreadsheet.”

Best,
    Jon

3. Splitwise in spanish?

It could be possible?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. Offer group share link after group creation (iOS)

After expenses have been added to a group on iOS you can no longer access the group share link from the mobile app.

Please note it is still available on the web app at https://secure.splitwise.com through the group settings page.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Attachment option: to attach a copy for the bill

When working in big groups and specially with some people in the group who you do not know too well, it would be good to have a option where in while entering the amount there is an upload bill option. With this all people in the group can see where the money was spent and is the claim genuine.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature is already available on both iOS and Android.

While adding a bill, look for a camera icon or receipt option, this allows you to take a picture of the bill and attach it along with the transaction. This picture is then permanently recorded with the expense, and is available to all users involved in the expense.

6. Group totals should include non-default currencies

View group totals should show all currencies, not just the default one

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: on mobile, groups now show all balances on the group screen.

This makes total sense – leaving it under review to see how many other users need this.

Best,
    Jon

7. Put icons in front of categroy list

Icons in front of categories (when selecting one for your expense) make it easier to pick the right one, or just select a nice icon for that expense.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a "notes" field to expenses for more details

Each purchase needs a description field

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. new design wastes too much space

I see more items in classic view. In the redesign, stuff is way spaced out. Doesn't use as much horizontal space. Why are there two lines per expense now? It seemed to work just fine before with one line per expense. I guess I don't see the advantage. A lot of whitespace between lines now too.

The monthly headings take up a lot of space too.

Not really feeling it, folks!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We’ve just made a pretty big update to the new design in order to make it more data-dense and to better use the available space. Take a look and please let us know what you think!

10. Maintain percentage split functionality in new splitwise

In the new splitwise user interface, splitting bills by percentage doesn't seem to be working. (by adding the percentage in the "owed" fields in the expenses pop-up. If there's another way in the new interface to do this, please let me know!) This feature is the only reason I use splitwise. Please include it in the new design. :)

In addition, I'd like to request that when filling out the percentages, the final percentage is automatically calculated. For example: I split all my groceries and take-out with my roommate 60/40% because he eats more than me. It is tiresome to…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: This is now available on the web! To do this you choose “split the bill unequally” and you’ll see the new options on how to split a bill in there (% being one of them)

We plan on bringing the % split back in the near future. We’ve gotten a lot of requests for it after we removed it and will be putting it back in very soon. The automatically adding the total up to 100% is something I think would be awesome also. We have talked about it, just don’t have a date on it yet.

I do like the batch idea, and I could see that or something like a “default split” (where it’s 60/40 all the time unless you specify something different). We have discussed the batch processing in the past, and will be addressing it again once our big release comes out.

11. Delete a Bill : If a bill has multiple people on it, if I want to go and delete a bill, I have to delete it individually for each person.

I really should be able to just delete a bill, and automatically all the corresponding individual transactions associated with the split bill, should also get deleted. It would be great if I didn't have to go and delete each "split" individually.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bug in split wise

I add a transaction with a, b
    Then I edit transaction to add c, d
    The update does not show up

Then I go to transaction with a and delete this transaction
    But it still shows up with b

Am I missing something?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. please add the NOK (norske kroner - Norwegian crowns) currency

I'm Norwegian. Therefore I'm bound to use, lend and owe NOK. Please add it to your list of currencies :)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. Show one balance for one person

If possible, combine one individual's balance which is recorded under both "Group" and "Friends" under Dashboard. Otherwise its very confusing on how much each of my friends have to pay me!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. Color coded transactions in iPhone app

Presently the transactions are not color coded for debit and credit for individual people inside the iPhone App. Its difficult to differentiate without color coding. Good idea to have color coding for these transactions. It can be similar to the color coding on dash board.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  16. Settle up does not behave as expected

Settle Up button does not smartly find out which way to settle up. Person B owes Person A $100. Person A is the one initiating "Settle up". Settle up button defaults to "Person A is giving money to Person B" - when it is clear that Person B should be giving money to Person A. I feel "Settle up" should smartly choose which the default would be based on what is left to be owed.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Include a breakdown on who owes you what on the mobile app front page.

When viewing my group on the iOS app I am presented with the total of what everyone owes or is owed. It would be great to only show what I am owed or what I owe others. I'm not really interested in what the total is for everyone else at first glance, mainly just what I owe others or what others owe me.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. Recording a payment

Suppose A paid B a sum of $ x. When that payment is recorded, the mobile app, in my opinion, incorrectly says "B paid A $ x". It should be the other way round. Its confusing if you put it that way. The overall balances settle up correctly but the description of the payment on the Android app is confusing.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  19. Add tax information as well

there should be a provision to add tax paid as well, also a provision to split tax based on the number of items.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Tax can be added and split when adding an itemized bill. Itemized bills are currently web-only, but we hope to bring them to our mobile apps in the not-too-distant future.

20. Improve performance

I tried splitwise mobile but app is very slow, please try to improve performance.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 33 34

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base