Skip to content

General

750 results found

1. Make simplify debts more accessible

The simplify debts feature is excellent and I use it all the time. However, It's currently hidden in the settings menu and I think that it should be out front and center for everyone to see!

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We’ve actually made this feature less accessible over time as we found any people we’re confused by this. We are working on some changes to make it more understandable and will probably make it easier to turn on when we think we’ve got a good explanation for it.

Marshall

2. Order people in group balances tab by level of debt

... to easily show on top who should pay for next lunch :)

Cheers!

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow export of all transactions in QIF/QFX/CSV

I use PocketSmith for budgeting and personal finance.

When you think about it, a splitwise balance is like a loan/demand deposit (depending on whether you are net owed or owing money).

Since I use PocketSmith to give me a holistic view of my finances, I'd like it to reflect my Splitwise balance too (especially since I'm often owed 3 figure sums).

The easiest way to do this in an app/service-agnostic way would be to allow the export of all transactions, as a QIF/QFX/CSV file. Most personal finance/bugeting apps allow import from one or more of these formats.

The current per-friend/group…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  4. Add shortcut to home screen/ widget to add expenses to a particular group.

As the title says, Whenever I am in a trip with friends we use splitwise to split our bills. but in a trip it is so frequent, so we need to open the app everytime -> go to the group -> add the expense.

Although it might sound lazy ;), we will be in a hurry in those situations and never mind about adding it in splitwise. and need to remember these things later in that day and then add it to splitwise.

A shortcut to add an expense to a group will help us to add expenses immediately to…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  5. Automatically enter bill based on SMS

Create an entry in a defaut group regarding an expense based on the SMS of transaction.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. become an Open Banking app using PSD2 in Europe and reading bank transactions directly and initiate payments

With the Payment service directive 2 you can read bank transactions which can be added and linked to a group and you can also initiate the payments which settle those payments. ALL European banks must provide this access if their customer requests it via APIs. If you have any questions on this contact me. A fan of splitwise having used it for more than 5 years

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  7. rent splitting calculator enhancements

fairness calculator is great however if you could add the following that would be great:

parking bay (garage)
    parking bay (outside)
    option if room is outside the main house e.g. maid quarters
    additional private room (if someone has a room plus e.g. an office or play room)
    pets (people with pets should pay more)

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Month expense calculator

It would be great if you can just create one column where one can see total amount being spent in a month by all the members related to you or your group. It would be great to see the month analysis, currently the monthly trends shown do not suffice much

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. make pie chart colors the same from month to month

I like that we can see trends in the pie chart and have a visual of where our spendings fall from month to month. However, when I compare months, the categories are different colors. It would be much readable and helpful if colors stayed consistent for the sake of comparison. Thank you!

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! Our charts could definitely use some improvement, and we’re planning to redo them in the near future – I’ll see if we can keep the colors consistent when we do that.

10. Allow searching of categories

Would be helpful to have the option of searching categories from the list when adding a new expense.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion – I can definitely see how this’d be useful for some people. Just out of curiosity, do you use our iPhone app, our Android app, or our website? I’ll add this to our list of possible improvements for the future.

11. Improve offline mode: Allow adding offline friends

Need to have a complete offline mode to add offline friends and single handedly record and manage all group expenses.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  12. View-Only link

I often create groups with members who do not have an account and enter their expenses myself. My workflow right now is to print the overview and send a PDF in the end. That PDF is a bit overwhelming.

Having a link that allows to view all the things in a group would be great. That link could also be used as an invitation link.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I can see how this would be useful for groups with “dummy” members (though we do generally encourage people to include email addresses when adding other group members, so that those other people can simply log in to Splitwise themselves). A view-only mode isn’t on our roadmap yet, but I’ll add it to our list of possible improvements for the future.

13. Integrate with Money Lover

If you add an integration with the budgeting app Money Lover for entering transactions that would be awesome. I'm imagining something this: if a user enables the integration then after entering a bill, air jumps to Money Lover with the transaction name and amount pre-filled.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  14. Upload a PDF

Please add the option to upload a PDF file or link to a PDF file on the internet with the option to share a username and password to access it.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I could see how having a password pdf to be used within a group or friends would be helpful. I’ll bring it up at our next meeting and see if it’s something we’d like to add.

15. Add group administrator function

I see that other people have suggested this before and it's been rejected, but I'd like to bring it up again - having a group administrator woul dbe extremely valuable. That person doesn't have to be the only one that can add/edit payments, but it would be nice to have someone controlling the group - I'm specifically thinking of the "simplify payments" function. Of the 3 times I've used splitwise, 2 of them have been messed up because someone randomly unclicked the simplify payments function - people made payments, then I re-clicked it and people had to make double payments.…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Your comments make sense – you’re definitely not the only person to be confused or frustrated when a friend “accidentally” turns simplify debts on or off. We’re thinking about ways to solve that problem, as well as ways to “close” or permanently settle a group, and I’ll bring up the possibility of a “group admin” again next time we talk about this. Thanks for the suggestion :)

16. Plates should support discounts too

When we apply discount coupons, restaurants give discount on final amount. As plates doesn't support this it difficult to use plates at such time.

Temporary workaround: Generally we subtract discount amount from tip and try to use it somehow.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Plates is as simple and easy to use as it is because we’ve left out a number of less frequent use cases. If this gets a lot of votes, we’ll know its something a lot of people would use, and will think about adding it.

Marshall

17. 19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Draft expenses aren’t in our plans yet, but I can see how they’d be useful. I’ll pass on the suggestion and add it to our list of possible features for the future.

18. Default the group when I go to add expenses

Default the group when I go to add expenses. You can make a setting option for your default gruop

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! I can see how this would be useful, so I’ll add it to our list of possible improvements for future updates. In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience!

19. .. add settings for the picture-quality of the uploaded receipt?

Because sometimes it seems the picture is really low res while the original photo on the phone is high res.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! We try to strike a good balance between image size and picture quality (I think we generally crop images to 1000×1000px). I’m not sure we’ll add a manual setting for image quality, but hopefully we can keep making improvements to allow for better images.

20. Improve Search feature

I'm a Pro subscriber and the search is nice, but it only seems to look in the transaction description. I'd also like to be able to search by amount.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base