1. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve on-boarding and FTUX

First time experience is horrible and confusing to non-technical users. Please improve the emails and on boarding so friends know what they are being invited to. Even worse: friends who already had accounts mistakenly signed up with second accounts and didn't know how to merge. We had to delete the group and start over. I had to hand hold everyone and tell them not to add bills or make payments until we were all signed up correctly.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey Cindy – really sorry for the trouble! We know this is a weak spot for Splitwise right now, and we’re working on improving it.

The “second accounts” issue is a particularly thorny one, and we’ve been adding features recently to try to help the problem, like a “merge accounts” option on the account settings page of our website. In the longer term, we’d like to add the ability for accounts to have more than one email address, in the hopes of preventing this kind of problem in the first place. We’re also working on a big iPhone update to address a bunch of usability issues, and to give new users more instruction the first time that they use the app. (Those changes should make their way to Android as well, once we measure their impact to learn what works and what doesn’t.)

Again, apologies for all the confusion! If…

3. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! There’s not any way to do this from our mobile apps right now, but there are a few possibilities on our website – if you go to a group, you can either pull up a printable summary (click the “view printable summary” link above each month’s expenses) or export your bills to a spreadsheet (click the settings icon at the top of the right sidebar, then click “Export as spreadhsheet”). Hope that helps a bit for now!

4. Group summary

A group would have many transactions that are not split equally. And so it is very useful to know exactly what the status of a particular group is. Total group's expenditure, my share, etc.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  5. organise the dashboard

can organise your dashboard, so often used friends/groups are on top of the page/app or you can organise manualy

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Frederique – I’ll pass on your suggestion! For now, you could try tapping on the total balance boxes at the top of the screen (“you owe”, “you are owed”, “total balance”), which will filter your list of friends and show only the people that you have balances with. Hopefully that helps a little!

6. Show "Balances" initially collapsed

The default display when choosing the "Balances" window it's to show who owes whom. For our coffee club it is more convenient to list each member's balance only (and not also say who that member owes our it's owed an amount). If the members balances are listed we can easily determine who should pay for coffee next...the one with the highest debt.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hmm…it looks like our iPhone app does this already (it collapses all but the first person’s balances), but our Android app doesn’t. I’ll pass on your feedback and see if that’s a change we can make in a future update.

7. Show monthly total that x owes me as of that month

Consider the case if users are not settling up bills months and some time after if i want to check whats x owes me as of previous month end. Show the total that x owes me at end of that month for all previous months in "all transactions list".

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can view this currently from our website – just log in, then go to a friend or group, and then click the “View printable summary” link at the top of each month’s expenses. We hope to bring something similar to our mobile apps in the future. Until then, apologies for the inconvenience!

8. email notifications in digest format

When I settle up with my roommates, we usually settle up at the same time. When we do, I often get a barrage of notifications and email, one or more of each from all my roommates.

It would be great to get a single email with all of the transactions from the last 24 hours (or 12 hours, or 1 hour...) instead of a barrage of emails, or at least be able to snooze or modify my email notification settings.

Thanks,

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, and sorry for the trouble! We’d like to do better digest emails at some point (like our monthly summary, but for weekly or daily updates), but we just haven’t gotten around to it yet :) For now, if you’d like to turn off some of the emails you’re getting, you can change your notification preferences from your account settings page. Hope that helps!

9. Add Passbook support!

Would be great if passbook was supported, we could quickly check to see the split balance of someone I regularly split lunch with...

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting suggestion – I’ll pass it on! My current understanding is that Passbook has some issues with keeping perfectly in sync (i.e. the Passbook only syncs its passes once every few hours), but it may be that that behavior has changed, or that the behavior will get better with iOS 8.

10. Friends name on iPhone Notification

Its a suggestion that the iPhone notification should display the friends name who adds/modifies any expense. For now the notification shows just the amount and title of the expense which is confusing sometimes when one has too many friends. it doesn't tells me who added the expense.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Push notifications can only have 200 characters, so it can be a little tricky to get names in there in addition to bill info. We are considering this, though.

As of last week, when you tap a push notification it’ll take you right to the expense in question (not just to the Home screen) which should help you be less confused.

Zoe

11. Allow the android app to rotate its display

Many thanks for the v3 app! It looks awesome already. But I was a bit disappointed that it didn't support rotation. It's my impression that rotation in Android Apps was a simple thing to add.. (I might be wrong though).

Hope this get's added. It's necessary for tablets :P
    .. And for my phone with a pull-out keyboard (HTC Desire Z).

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! We’d love to add rotation support at some point, but it’s actually a fair bit of work to make sure that everything works properly when rotated. It’s on our list of possible app improvements, but it will probably be a while before we seriously consider it. In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience!

12. Add regular payment tracking function for non-split expenses

would be great if I would be able to add payments I make for myself as well. this would allow me to use SPLITWISE for all expenses, currently its 20% split, 80% expenses for myself. of course the split ones are more actionable but some information on the other expenses would greatly help...

in the splitting screen there could be another field I PAY MYSELF.

in the enter detail screen I would just need an optional field to be able to categorize my expenses.

and in the OVERVIEW screen it should show how much was spend you paid XX,XX $"…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Several people would love to use Splitwise for personal expenses, and we’re always interested to hear about this. So far, we’ve stayed away for just the reason you say – the ones owed to others are more actionable. So we are focusing on that for now.

I’m aware that some users input expenses with just themselves, and list themselves as the “payer” as well as the only “ower.” The only place these expenses can be seen is on the “all expenses tab.” But yes, seeing charts and such would be nice in that case, and that’s hard to do right now.

Thanks for the suggestion, and we’ll leave the under review for now.

Cheers,
    Jon

13. Delayed Viewing

It would be really cool if the monthly reoccurring bills could have a delayed notification. For instance, if I put in a bill due on Oct 10 (reoccurring) it would actually show up as a transaction for the involved parties on Oct 3 (one week early, or any set time). That way it doesn't say my roommates owe me for a bill due over a month away. Thanks, great app!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll pass it on to the team at our next meeting.

For now, you can sort of do this already for future copies of recurring bills. When adding a recurring bill, you have the option to set a “Reminder” period (e.g. “Remind me one week in advance”). When Splitwise sends out the reminder for the next bill, it’ll add that bill to Splitwise at the same time. As a result, your next bill will be posted exactly a week in advance (or whatever time period you choose). Hope that helps!

14. Make it so you can use the iphone app upside down

This may sound a bit odd, but it's trivial to enable in xcode, I think.

I often use Splitwise on my ipad. Since you only have an iphone app, that's what I use.

I often prop up my ipad with the charging port facing up in portrait mode so I can charge it without the cable interfering. This doesn't work right with Splitwise, which will not run upside down like other ipad apps will.

I believe this is just a check box in xCode.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. See who owes who in App

It's annoying to see you still owe someone some money but cant remember what is it about. The app should be able to breakdown who owes who like the one on the website, including the ability to choose to simplify the total money or not.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Integrate with GoCardless for Payments

It would be great to avoid the pain and frustration of paypal and just link my GoCardless account with Splitwise so people could pay me via the app or a simple GoCardless URL

They (https://gocardless.com) offer really simple payments with a 1% transaction charge up to a maximum of £2.

Their API is fantastic, very well documented and I think it would be very simple to integrate with.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  17. Detailed bill summary

In a apartment or home group, where the names are listed who owes what, you should be able to tap their names and see a detailed summary of exactly what they owe per bill

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We plan on making the amounts that people owe easier to read and better organized down the road. I really like the idea of clicking on the name and having it shuffle so you only see what their amounts are.

18. Email summary for the expenses

If we can have the email summary for the expenses for all / some participants then it would be great.

Please look in the email summary of Share-a-bill app for iphone for an example.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We plan on making some more email reminder choices for groups in the near future. I can understand why in bigger groups going through each person and sending them a single email instead of the whole group could be frustrating.

1 2 10 11 12 14 Next →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base