Skip to content

General

238 results found

1. Open APIs to other applications to split.

When purchasing online or through apps, for Food, Groceries or any other ecommerce or shopping apps, directly provide a sdk for the apps to split the amount and easy access for the people splitting. Many a times people forget that they had paid for a group treat and then when re adding they have to check through bank statements or orders to know the exact amount. Splitting then and there would make it easier.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    13 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. Scale the Android app to support different Font/Displaty sizes

I'm using a Nexus 6P with Android 7.1.2. For readability I have the font size set to Largest and Display size set to Large. The Contacts list cuts off the Contact Name and overlaps the contact information (Phone or email). The rest of the app seems to scale just fine.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for writing in! We do periodically check for compatibility with different fonts and sizes and are hoping to resolve this issue. I apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime!

4. Integrate with SwedBank

Integrate quick payment with SwedBank API.
    Android SDK https://github.com/swedbank/android-banklink

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Autocorrect

Please have it use the user's phone autocorrect when typing in expenses. I misstype a lot and don't like how my autocorrect doesn't work when using Splitwise.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow links in the comments section

When added a link in the comment section is there any way to make it clickable

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  7. In Plates, display list of participants and what they owe

Plates is a great app. The best of its kind.

However, it would be nice to be able to display a list at the end, showing each person's name (or number) and the base, tip, tax, & total amounts for that person, with grand total at the end. Then the phone or tablet could be passed around the table so each person can see their amount due.

The list should be tabular, like a spreadsheet, with one row per person, and five columns for the name, base, tip, tax, total amounts.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. I don’t think this is something we’re likely to do, but I’ll leave this up and see if it gets a lot of support. We do have requests to add names to plates in the app and tapping on each plate will show a breakdown of the total at the end, which seems like it would handle this use case.

8. 14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Siri Integration

Wondering why no one suggested this? Ask siri to split bill in group or just say 'John' owes me ₹250.

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We’d love to integrate with Siri! In the past we weren’t able to work with the integration, but we’ll look for any changes that may allow us to add this. Thanks for the suggestion!

10. Integrate with Money Lover

If you add an integration with the budgeting app Money Lover for entering transactions that would be awesome. I'm imagining something this: if a user enables the integration then after entering a bill, air jumps to Money Lover with the transaction name and amount pre-filled.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  11. notification update

when someone else adds your expense then lockscreen notification should show only each person's share not the whole amount in notification

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thanks for the suggestion!
    I’m going to leave this under review to see if other people are also interested in this.
    I’m interested to know why you’re looking for this feature?

12. Display summary in multiple rows per currency type

I would like to see the details like you owe, you are owed or total balance in multiple rows per currency type. So that bills added in USD or INR can be tracked or viewed on summary easily.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! I can see how that would be useful. I don’t think we will change the summary. But we might be able to come up with a better way show you a summary of your balances in all currencies.

13. change "repeat just this once" to "don't repeat"

When choosing a date for a bill, the first option is "repeat just this once", which is silly, isn't it? It's not actually repeating, it only happens once. I think changing it to "don't repeat" would be more appropriate.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! We think the “Repeats just this once” phasing is more clear in the context where you’re looking at parallel sentence construction of a number of repeat options. I’ll bring this up at our next design meeting, but I expect we will keep the current language.

Marshall

14. Add shortcut to home screen/ widget to add expenses to a particular group.

As the title says, Whenever I am in a trip with friends we use splitwise to split our bills. but in a trip it is so frequent, so we need to open the app everytime -> go to the group -> add the expense.

Although it might sound lazy ;), we will be in a hurry in those situations and never mind about adding it in splitwise. and need to remember these things later in that day and then add it to splitwise.

A shortcut to add an expense to a group will help us to add expenses immediately to…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  15. Change the colour of "you lent" and "you borrowed"

Change the colour so it will easily distinguish the difference with out reading between the "owes you" and "you lent" also between "owed" and "you borrowed".

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! This probably isn’t something we’ll do – there are a lot of complex sentence constructions that would need both colors in different spots and we’d need to add information to all of them where we would expect different colors. I’ll leave this open for us to reconsider if this gets a lot of support.

Marshall

16. using NFC to settle balances directly between 2 phones having splitwise

Using NFC and bank details integration to settle balances directly between 2 phones having splitwise

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! I don’t think this is something we’re likely to add, but I’ll leave it up here to see if it’s popular. We do review settle up methods periodically to see if there are any news ones we can add.

Marshall

17. 16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  18. Expecting summary of individuals spends.

Expecting summary of individuals spends.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  19. iMessage integration

Please consider creating an iMessage app for splitwise. So that while chatting with friends we can directly open splitwise within iMessage thread and view and update the expenses.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is an interesting suggestion. We haven’t really looked at iMessage apps, but could be a potentially useful feature. What exactly would you like to see from a Splitwise iMessage app?

20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I don’t think we’re likely to add all of these categories (I’d personally file these under Life → Other right now), but I could see us adding a more general category that covers these kinds of expenses.

Marshall

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base