Skip to content

General

238 results found

1. NEVER EVER allow accounts to be created without properly linking PayPal or Venmo to both PAY and RECEIVE PAYMENTS

Splitwise currently allows different emails for Splitwise and Venmo accounts without linking them. The result is that Splitwise fails to connect to an account for you to RECEIVE payments but it takes them from you.

Splitwise should NEVER EVER allow accounts to be created that haven't properly been linked for BOTH paying AND receiving payments.

This is Splitwise's fault for not having a verification system. Splitwise needs to fix this problem, otherwise people will pay you and it will just sit around.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    19 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! We’d definitely like to add more explicit confirmation for PayPal/Venmo payments in the future, and we’ve been working on the ability for a Splitwise user to have multiple email addresses for their account (e.g. one for PayPal, one for Venmo, etc). Hopefully we can make more improvements in this area this year.

2. Login with Google/Facebook even for the app

Have an option of logging in using Google/Facebook even for the mobile app

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hi there. We do support Google login on Android. We may bring other social login options to mobile some day but it’s not on the road map presently.

If you created a web account via Facebook / Google, you can still log into that account on mobile. Just visit ‘account settings’ in the web app and add a password to your account. Then you can log in on mobile using your Facebook / Google ID and the password you set.

3. Add location to expense

It would be better if we add location of where the expense is made and filter the expense then it would be more easier..

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey Krishna – thanks for the suggestion! We’ve thought a bit about location data before, and it’s something that might show up in a future version of the app. Until then, apologies for any inconvenience!

4. Override language settings using an in-app language selector

It would be great if the default language which is currently preset by phone settings can be overwritten using an in-app language selector.
    Thanks!

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: this is now possible on iOS 13! Go to the Settings app and find Splitwise in the list near the bottom. You can choose the language for the app separately from your main phone language. You may also need to change the setting in the Splitwise app as well in your Account settings as we keep a separate language setting for notifications that doesn’t always update automatically right now.

Thanks for the suggestion and sorry if you prefer to use Splitwise in English when the rest of your phone is another language. We haven’t seen any other apps that allow you to do this, and it would be fairly difficult for us to build, so this is not something we’re going to be able to do in the near term. That said I’m leaving this “under review” in case a lot of other users would like us to build…

5. Option to remove decimal display per currency

Just as the title says. Simple, give us an option to not display the .00 decimal in the app, or even better, determine and specify which currencies actually use decimal point amount of money.

I live in Korea I use Korean Won, naturally, which isn't applicable for decimal notation and I'm pretty sure quite a few more (if not most) currencies don't use decimals.

As a result, entering costs in Splitwise app now requires entering two more zeroes after the dot. KRW 38,500.00 is a pain...

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Very sorry for the trouble! Long-term, we would definitely like to add better support for international currencies with different numbers of decimals, but it will probably be a while before we get around to it. The vast majority of our users use currencies with 2 decimal places, and adding proper support for 0 or 3 decimal places (the other two common values for world currencies) will require significant technical effort both on our servers and in our mobile apps.

Again, apologies for the inconvenience!

6. Suggest who should pick up the tab

When entering a new bill (particularly at a restaurant, but there are many scenarios), once all of the names have been entered into "With you and", figure out who owes the most money among the participants and suggest that person as the "Paid by".

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sort by outstanding debt

We use the app for a coffee club...The person with the biggest outstanding debt pays for everyone's coffee (well, whoever wants coffee at the time). Currently we need to scan the entire list of balances to find out who is most in debt to the group. Having a sort by debt function would save it's valuable seconds!

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Interesting – I’ll pass on the suggestion! Can I ask how many people are in your group? I want to make sure I understand your use case as well as possible…most groups on Splitwise involve 3-5 people, so I think we figured that you’d usually be able to see everyone’s balance at a glance even without sorting.

8. Allow linkage to Chase Quickpay

Chase quickpay is a quick method of payment that is offered by Chase bank and something I use with a lot of people. Would be great to see it added to the payment options instead of just paypal and Venmo. Thanks! Loving Splitwise! Thanks for making life as a student easier between my friends and I - no more sending and forgetting Excel spreadsheets!

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion and for your kind words about Splitwise.

We will considering adding Chase Quickpay integration if the idea gets popular amongst our user base, and if Chase begins providing a free API for Quickpay (that’s the tech thing we’d need to do the integration).

In the meanwhile, sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for using Splitwise!

ZC

9. Siri Integration

Wondering why no one suggested this? Ask siri to split bill in group or just say 'John' owes me ₹250.

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d love to integrate with Siri! In the past we weren’t able to work with the integration, but we’ll look for any changes that may allow us to add this. Thanks for the suggestion!

10. Calendar

a calendar feature that helps a home group keep track of who gets paid when, and when bills are due. To help figure out who will actually pay the bill, and then be owed by the rest of the group.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks Randy! Have you tried using the ‘recurring bill’ feature? Interested to know whether that meets this need, or whether you think we need a calendar function on top of it. Thanks for using Splitwise and writing in!

11. 31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  12. Add tax support and partial split

There is a typical case I meet usually: I went to Walmart with my two roommates. X bought $10 things for himself, Y bought $12, Z bought $15. Meanwhile, we bought $30 things for sharing. And X paid the bill. Note that the money above didn't include the tax (I'm in US, one has to pay additional 8.75% tax of the original price). In this case we want to split the $30 and its tax equally, while each pay for his own thing including that tax. Since on the receipt the tax is only a sum, it's annoying for us…

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble – I’ll pass on the feedback! For now, you could try adding your bill on our website and choosing “itemized bill” as the split method, which includes some handling for tax (and for splitting up a bill’s items between multiple people).

13. Tags

Ability to create tags for certain expenses, e.g "Moving costs", "Pets", "Reimbursable", "Sunday trip" when between two people especially

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While we aren’t actively planning to implement tags currently, there are some things that you could essentially use as tags: we have a category for every expense such as transportation – bus, taxi or utilities – gas, power.

You can also create separate group if you want to have expenses for lets say a trip, an apartment or a club to be separate from regular expenses.

14. Splitwise as alexa skill

please add a alexa skill for Splitwise, which is will be one of the most advanced feature from any expense manging applications

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  15. More mobile notifications rather email

Like if someone pays me then it must be a push notification. For every notification i am the one who should choose what type of msg i get bt in most push notification is bot an option.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  16. Transfer money directly through Splitwise

Why you are planning to add square cash as an payment option, why you are using third party tools. Instead, do you have any future strategy to implement your own payment option, somewhat exactly as square cash. By this, people will trust in your own application more than someone else. For example, If I have to give some money to my friend, than either I give cash or will send money online by bank transfer or square cash. In either option I have to go and create a transaction in split wise and when my friend give it back than…

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! It’d definitely be interesting to transfer money directly through Splitwise (without using PayPal/Venmo/Square Cash/etc). We haven’t built that feature so far because there are a lot of regulations around transferring money, and we’d need to do a lot of technical and legal work, but it’s on our list of possible things to do in the future.

17. 28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to change who you owe money to

When simplified debt is on, it'd be great to be able to change who you owe money to, ie select the person that you will settle up with. This will allow couples to settle up with each other first.
    Otherwise set preferences on who each person will settle with. Ie A always settles with C is C is owed money, balance to whoever else.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there Scott,

This is an interesting idea, and thanks for your feedback. It makes sense for cases where, for instance, one person lives in the same city as another, so it would be easier to manually assign the debts than to let Simplify Debts do its thing.

One work-around you can use it simply ignore the recommendations, and just pay who you want to settle up with; Splitwise will automatically re-adjust to accommodate your choices.

That said, I’ll leave this open for other people to upvote if they’d like it, but we’re not at all likely to do this because it would be a large change to the way we handle debt calculations.

Best,
    Jon

19. Disable loading phone contacts when entering a transaction

If I want to enter a transaction, I want to do this fast, so spent the least possible amount of time on searching and including the right person. The Android app shows all my phonebook contacts, which is not convienient if I just quickly want to add a transaction.

Maybe a separate "import phonebook contacts" button can be made available

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  20. Improve offline mode in iPhone app

Right now, when you add an expense on iPhone when you don't have a working internet connection, the app tries to save the expense for 30 seconds before giving up and adding it later. Please make the app sync expenses in the background instead of making me wait until it gives up to add another expense.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base