Skip to content

General

208 results found

1. Removing the button to un-delete after un-deleting an expense

Hi,

I un-deleted an expense yesterday but was a bit confused when I saw the button still appearing in the activity page. Maybe removing the button (I totally understand the logic for keeping the deletion activity in tact) would be great and not so confusing :)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Hey Estelito – that definitely makes sense! I’ll add this to our list of to-dos for the web app. (I believe our iPhone and Android apps already work this way, so hopefully we can catch up the web app soon.)

2. Sort/Filter by Currency

It would be great if we can filter the expenses by currency. If not then sort by currency is desirable. This would immensely help in managing the expenses with same currency

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, you might want to try exporting as a spreadsheet (go to a friend/group, then click the settings icon at the top of the right column and choose “Export as spreadsheet”). You’ll then be able to sort or filter bills as you wish in Excel, Google Drive, or any other spreadsheet program.

3. Assign the correct person when I click to send a reminder

There´s a link with people's name, then there's one button close to each name to "Send a reminder". As I clicked the button close to the person's name, I thought it was going to send to that person, but what happened is that I send the same reminder to the same person a few times, because I missed the dropdown to actually select the person. Makes sense?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. can add additional feature of having graphic trends per individual per month

I would like to see graphical analysis of my expenses per group, all groups in selectable period (Date between/ Monthly)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Abhinav,

You can see our current best analysis by category by month by going to: splitwise.com

1. Either navigate the group you are interested in or All Expenses
    2. Click the Trends widget on the upper right, and then view full charts

Custom defined periods would have to be a pro feature – that is very expensive computationally to do for us at present. You can also export group level data to csv via the gear in the upper right → Export as spreadsheet to do your own analysis if you want custom ranges.

I hope this helps!
    Jon

5. Itemized Bills should not show Tax and Tips in comments if they are all zeros

Whenever I enter new Itemized Bill, in comments it always display the details which is really good except the fact that Tax and Tips still show up even though they are all zeros.
    I would like to request an improvement which would only allow Tax and Tips to appear on comments if they are having atleast one non zero value.

Great Site! Really Helpful.

Thanks

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea! We’d love to help facilitate logins to Utility providers, but for security reasons, we plan to add some additional layers of security (optional PIN login, stronger password controls, and external auditing) before we provide anything that should be good enough for storing login data securely. For now, I would not recommend storing login data or account details in any of the data entry fields on Splitwise.

- Jon

7. Mavericks/Safari push notifications

It would be great if you supported Safari push notifications in OS X Mavericks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This would definitely be a cool addition at some point! It’s probably at least a little ways down the line (heck, we’re still working on bringing iOS/Android push notifications up to speed), but I’ll add it to our list of ideas for the future :)

8. to give a added feature of getting monthly expence made by each person after or before the settlement.

this features helps us to track our monthly expenses individually. And also the group expenses spent monthly. That is if I add a bill the flow should go on as it is working now additionally there should be extra feature which keeps individual expenses which should be highlighted in our profile. And after settlements also it should get adjusted automatically then individual person can know how much he has spent for a month. For example :
    in a group of 3, all will be adding there bills but there is be no indication of individual expense, so by adding this…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you click on “view full details” under the group balances on the website, you will get a more detailed list of how we think you should settle up with individual settle up buttons like you describe.

We should probably consider showing more options after clicking the general settle up button on the group page.

Marshall

10. Expense reminder

I made an expense with a friend who is out of reach for a month. I have already added it to Splitwise but the share has not been decided. I want a reminder after 'd' days (when my friend is likely to be back) that the amount in the expense needs revision. Is this currently do-able?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can see why you would want a reminder in this case. This isn’t doable at the moment, though you could add a comment to the expense that you need to update it.

We’re really loathe to add “do it later” features in general to the app because if you get into the habit of putting off entering data (which is the most annoying part of any app like this), you can wind up with a pile of unfinished expenses.

We have a couple of potential features that might help with this, though, so I’m leaving this as under review.

Marshall

11. summary of all the expenses per category

It would be very usefull to know how much each one has spent since the creation of the account for each category.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Interesting idea – I’ll pass it on at our next team meeting!

In the meantime, you can already view monthly category summaries on the web by going to a friend/group/all expenses and clicking the “Trends” button at the top of the right-hand column. Then click the “view full charts” link at the bottom of the right-hand sidebar.

Alternately, you could try exporting your expenses with any friend or group to a spreadsheet, and then building charts from that.

12. Average balance of a user

Add a stat which shows a user's average balance. This will actually imply monetary behaviour of a user over a period of time (and hence his generosity or lack of it). It's an easy to implement and yet cool feature.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea! We definitely like encouraging people to be responsible about paying each other back :) We’ve also considered a graph of your total balance over time, which would accomplish some similar things. We’re a bit tied up with Android work at the moment, but I’ll add this to our list of possible future improvements.

13. Hiding of types of expenses and/or Favorites

Hi, I think it will be useful if you can hide some of the expenses you won't be using at all or as an alternative, there may be one more category - favorites and there you may put the ones that you use most. Great site!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make the "Add a Bill" pop up div draggable

When I click the orange "Add a Bill" button that brings up the pop-up div, many times I need to look at what's behind it as I type my new bill. Currently, I'll start typing, have to close the window, look at an old bill, and then open up the add a bill button again and start typing the bill all over again. If you could make the div draggable when the header is clicked and held, that would be awesome.

*** Note to developers: It only takes one line of jquery code to do this (and it's cross-browser of…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion – this would definitely be nice!

Unfortunately, I suspect it may be more than just one line of code, as there are places where we use custom positioning logic for our pop-ups (to handle sliding sub-menus and such). Still, I’ll add it to our list of possible improvements for the future :)

15. Show today's balances

It would be nice to have the option to show the money owed in current day. As an example, I have a 1:1 group and there are some upcoming bills, and it only shows up the total owed money including those bills. I want to have the possibility to see how much do I owe (or get back) today, including only the bills already paid.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Debt Balancing

Debt simplification is awesome, but can get out of hand when people don't pay back their debts as the money can end up getting funneled to one person.

For example:
    In our situation we have a group for our apartment. We take advantage of splitwise so that people can easily buy things for other people and know its covered. We also have a recurring payment for rent which is paid by to one person (A) who then pays the bill itself. At the end of each month if everyone zeros out it's perfect. However if someone (B) comes up short…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve generally been careful not to add more features to debt simplification, since it already confuses a lot of people, but I’ll pass on this suggestion and see what the team thinks. Thanks for the idea!

17. Footer when logged in.

On other places in your site I'm able to access the calculators, about page, etc down at the bottom, but when I'm on the dashboard those links are missing. Need consistency. Love the site though overall!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll pass on this feedback! We recently added a link to the calculators on the dashboard (in the right-hand sidebar), but the about page and others are definitely quite hard to find.

18. Dont block users (i.e. make them wait) when saving the current 'card'

When one clicks a 'save' button after entering the expenses, the app syncs the data from the server not in the background but allows the user to wait for the card to disappear, which might take a dozen of seconds to happen on a slow internet connection. I think you might have figured out by now that what needs to be done ;)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! This definitely makes sense, though I know there are also some technical concerns (such as what to do when saving the expense returns an error). Still, hopefully something we can add in a future update :)

19. Allow a bill to send email notification to all involved

I see that you don't want to spam by enabling email notifications by default, but what if you allow the bill creator to check a box saying "notify all involved in this bill," and when you send the email, say "User X asked us to send this to you" (or something to that effect).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This a decent suggestion – I’ll pass it on, though I’m not sure it’ll get on the roadmap in the near future. We tend to err on the side of caution, because when we send emails without users’ permission, we often get flagged as spam or have to deal with angry replies :( But this makes sense, and would definitely be useful.

20. Upcoming payments instead of "You Owe"

When you put in a payment that is due a month later, the web app shows it as "You Owe" right up there. I think this gives off kind of an in-your-face feeling. It would be better to separate it into periods/sections, where you show payments due this month, upcoming payments next month, etc. You Owe makes me think I have to pay something right now, even though it's due a month later.

Hope you find this helpful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve been hesitant to break up bills into months or other chunks of time, given the many different ways in which people use Splitwise, but I can see how this might be useful. I’ll pass on the suggestion at our next design meeting :)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base