Skip to content

General

208 results found

1. Provide a Dark Mode option for the website too, please. Thank you!

Just like the Splitwise app for Android was recently updated to include a Dark Mode option, I was hoping we could get a similar option for the website as well. Nothing much, just a toggle switch at the top of the page will do!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  2. Mass upload of expenses ( excel / gdocs )

It would be great to be able to upload a spreadsheet with past mass expenses in order to quickly merge other services to Splitwise and keep complete past records before app adoption.

Ex. Date / Currency / Value / Friend ID / Category / Split % / Group

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to paste image into an expense instead of selecting a file

I take screenshots of my pdf bills from email and want to paste it directly into an expense instead saving it to a file and then selecting that file to attach it

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  4. Have the menu areas be sticky and the center transaction area be scrollable

anything that you have to scroll to the top to do like adding an expense changing account etc should be static and the transaction portion should scroll. I can help with this if given access! :)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix insecure login for feedback.splitwise.com

The current login for feedback.splitwise.com is INSECURE.

As a matter of urgency add https for feedback.splitwise.com as my browser warned me about logging in over an unsecure connection.

I instead logged in via the Google login, so at least credentials are not sent in plain text over the internet, but even then im sure the google authentication token would still be sent over in plaintext. So sort this out as a matter of urgency. Im shocked that you expect people to enter their login details in plaintext on your own feedback site. Its a little ironic. Please sort this now,…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  6. Discord server + bot integration

My social group primarily operates out of a Discord server. While Splitwise integrates with Zapier (and Zapier integrates with Discord), it's missing some features that could be useful.

For example, some integrations that might be nice:
    - Link a Discord user to a Splitwise account.
    - Add new expenses directly from a Discord channel.
    - Post notifications about new expenses/payments to a Discord channel.
    - Add users in a server (optionally with a Discord role) to a Splitwise group.
    - Deliver user notifications via Discord DM instead of email.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add additional/custom tax/tips/fees to itemized receipts

Currently when using receipts on either mobile or web app, we only get two fields of tax and tip. I love that this automatically splits it with the correct weight of all the people involved in the receipt.

But what's a little annoying is if we are splitting something like UberEats or Instacart, I have to add up all the different fees or taxes and type it into the tax field or tip field. This sometimes involves adding like 5-6 different fees/taxes.

Would be cool if there was like a + button below the tax and tip where we can…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Connect friends using 'Username' or show friends list.

The biggest problem that exists is connecting with friends. Splitwise should allow people to be found using a simple username & connect them with ZERO email involvement just like on Instagram. Nobody scans QRs to connect each other. People don't wanna send each other links to connect.

Emails or 'sending' invites shouldn't be involved at all & nobody should be able to see my email ID. People should be able to connect each other just using the 'username' or if they wanna send links, then 'splitwise.com/user/username' to ease it.

Also, we shouldn't have to connect to the Google account to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  9. Recurring Shared Orders

The Shared Orders beta is great, but it would be great to have a recurring shared order as many people have a weekly grocery run.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We’re glad you like the feature! Thanks for the suggestion, I can see how that would be a helpful improvement. I’ll leave this open for further review for now.

Thanks again!

10. Recognize "Deli" as "Dining Out"

I'd love if the word "deli" could be automatically recognized as the "dining out" category

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. implement more sign in options etc Apple ID sign in

you guys should implement Apple ID sign in on both web and mobile app

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow Manual Date Entry without Calendar Picker

I think it would be much easier if the date field in an expense allowed you to type the date, in a format such as MM/DD (defaulting to current year) or even MM/DD/YYYY, instead of requiring the use of the date picker. Having to use my mouse and click in the date picker slows me down when adding a lot of expenses.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. to change the icon for deleting an expense

I feel a trash icon for deleting an expense, rather than the cross (X).

When we click on an expense, theres an expansion of the expense's details right.
    And when we want to close the expense expansion, intuitively it feels like the cross (X) icon closes the expansion.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. allow me to create an expense while on any page

i'm on the search page right now and i'd like to create expenses directly from here since i'm using the results on the search page to see what expenses i haven't added yet from this particular vendor. i can't do that without going into a new tab or going back to search!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Have pie chart display based on my expense(my share) alone and not the total amount spent

At first, appreciate the pie chart that displays the expense slit for every month. But the split is based on the total amount spent and not the amount that I owe. For example, if my friend has added a bill for shopping where I owe only a little amount, then in the pie chart I would like my share to be shown and not the entire amount.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. House Utilities

Would it be possible to add an icon/option for Security under Home? In our house, we all split the monthly cost of Security Monitoring. This just seems like a useful categorization as others who use Simplisafe or a DIY security system with monitoring. This is just the OCD side of me wanting more icons! Anyway, love the app. Very helpful!!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add another bill

Add "Save and add another bill" next to the "Save" button in the "Add a bill" modal.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Tracker-free ads

Hello there,

I'm a new user of Splitwise. While I don't think paying for the Pro version is worth it for me, I would like to support the service by deactivating my ad blocker. However, after doing so, I still see no ads. I quickly realized that the ads are still being blocked by both the DuckDuckGo extension and the Privacy Badger extension, which are tracker blockers.

Just to be clear, those are not Ad blockers. They just block trackers. It just so happens that most ads track you, and therefore they get blocked. While I'm perfectly fine with adding…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create a Quicken Web Connect service

It would be really great to have a web connect feature with Splitwise to Quicken. Since half of my transactions are complete by my significant other, we each only see a portion of our actual expenses in our respective transaction history via our banks. This actually makes it kind of difficult to get a clear picture of what we are spending our money on.

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base