Skip to content

General

208 results found

1. Chart legend sorted by percentage

Currently Charts legend is sorted by pie slices order (probably Google Visualisation's default). But it would be useful to have it ordered in descending order or as a separate table that can be sorted.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We have plans to revisit the charts in the future and improve them based on data we’ve received. However with our small team it is hard to give an estimate as to when this will happen. The best course is to subscribe to this thread which we’ll update when the feature has been completed.

2. Charts should not aggregate "Other" from different categories

It looks like Splitwise combines all "Other" expenses from different categories. It would be great it they were shown as separate ones like "Life: Other", "Transportation: Others" etc.

Here's screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xt2yx9rcp765c6u/Screenshot%202016-02-15%2012.42.42.png?dl=0

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We have plans to revisit the charts in the future and improve them based on data we’ve received. However with our small team it is hard to give an estimate as to when this will happen. The best course is to subscribe to this thread which we’ll update when the feature has been completed.

3. Allow an end date for recurring payments, or build an incremental recurring payment option

This would allow me to pay someone back in increments until the whole amount is paid back. For example, my fiance paid for flights for our upcoming vacation. I want to pay him back $700 over the next 6 months, so I'd like to set up a recurring monthly payment of $117 that ends after 6 payments. Alternatively, you could add another option for divided bills that automatically calculates and schedules gradual payments.

72 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! I see how this would be a good improvement. Are you aware that you can set a payment to reoccur already, although we don’t have as fine tuning as you’d like? If you need any help setting our (basic) reoccuring feature up please email support@splitwise.com. Thanks, Zoe

4. Bug Report: % split yields error when lowering expense amount

If you enter a % split, it's stored as $ values and throws an error when you subsequently reduce the total cost.

Steps to reproduce:
    -add a bill of > $1
    -set it to a percentage split
    -confirm/accept the bill
    -edit the bill and attempt to lower the price to $1
    -observe that an error dialog appears complaining that the new price is less than your share of the bill

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  5. Integrate with PayPal so that I can import latest expenses directly into my splitwise account!

I use the PayPal card a lot for making purchases. It would be awesome if you could integrate PayPal with Splitwise - perhaps import the latest expenses?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Change the Settle All balances

Team,
    The option of "Settle All balances" seems to be confusing, instead of this, can we not record a cash payment. Alternatively, this option should be read only since it is automated. We have also noticed that this is getting added automated when we record a cash payment but doesnt get deleted when we delete the cash payment.
    Looking forward to hear back from you.
    Thanks,
    Anuj

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. We do plan to improve this feature at some point. We will most likely not make it read only (adding things you can’t edit or delete is rarely a good thing). You can currently record a cash payment and avoid this. To do so, you must record a payment separately in each group you owe money in instead of making one payment for everything.

Marshall

7. Add subscription feeds to the calendar function

Add support for calendar subscriptions (i.e., .ics .gcal .html) to the calendar function for groups. Simply having a calendar item that said "Pay <name> for <bill name>" or "<bill name> due" would be great. I would find this especially handy for recurring bills (e.g., utilities, rent, groceries).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Enhancement to reminders

Hi,
    I would like to see some improvements around the reminders functionality.
    The very first time I created an expense account in Splitwise I had no idea that it sends out monthly reminders. I couldn't find any note for such emails that will be sent out (when I created the expenses group).

The monthly reminder thing came as a good surprise and is great, but I think it will be nice if we have some more control over scheduling reminders.

For example some friends in a group require frequent followups as compared to others.
    So within the group created, I…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestions! More granular control and making reminders smarter is something we are thinking about improving over time.

For now, we automatically send out a monthly summary email each month that includes all of a person’s balances. You can also manually send a balance reminder by going to your friend’s page and choosing the “Send reminder” option (located under the settings menu on our website, and under the “More” menu on our mobile apps).

9. the left pane lists like "friends" and "groups" should be collapsible

The left pane lists like "Friends" and "Groups" can be a long one. I suggest you allow them to be collapsible (by clicking on the list name or something similar) and allow that state to be saved for convenience and a cleaner appearance for users with long lists (like me).
    P.S. Splitwise is great. Please keep it up!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We hear you. Friends and groups in the app are slightly unwieldy and difficult to access, and we are planning a redesign of the Android app to address those issues.

10. create a simple printable summary

I see the detailed summary and the simple group balances view. I wish there were a printable summary of group balances that I could include in an email so that I can explain how much people will pay in an email without taking a screenshot.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Yeah, I can see how it would be useful to have something to download and share, especially if not everyone is actually logging in to Splitwise. I’ll add this to our list of possible improvements.

11. Support non-US date formats

Hi,

Can I suggest you add support for non-USA date formats. Only the USA uses MM/DD/YYYY (^1), so it would be nice to be able to choose to show dates as YYYY-MM-DD and DD-MM-YYYY as well. Ditto for the first day of the week being Sunday in the calendar: the international standards have Monday as the first day of the week.

Thanks,
    Pete

1: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a Round Up button

It'd be nice to have a Round Up! button. In Malaysia, the smallest amount you can pay is RM0.05, not RM0.01 anymore.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! Yep, there are a few other currencies that work this way too – I’m not sure when we’ll get around to rounding off those currencies, but we know it’s somewhere we can improve. In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience!

13. Add an option to select first day of week

Add an option under profile to select the first day of the week: Monday or Sunday.
    This option is then taken into account when showing the calendar / date selector.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion! We always appreciate ideas to make Splitwise better. Having support for a different first day of the week makes complete sense, and is most definitely an interesting suggestion.

14. default with one

I use splitwise with my boyfriend only. If there is only one active user, I want that person automatically selected all the time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion – I’ll pass it on! I know we do something like this for people who only use one group, and I can definitely see how it’d be useful for accounts with only one other person.

15. Integration with Amazon Dash buttons?

My roommate and I both use items that are purchased through my Amazon Prime Dash buttons, it would be nice not to have to keep track of how many times they've been pressed and auto load into splitwise!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide a Document Center

I am planning on using Split Wise as a hub for running our apartment.

It would be nice to have a small communal document area to store some of our agreements. As an example, I would like to upload a roommate agreement that was signed by all of the roommates.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I think it’s unlikely that we’ll do this – we really want to focus on just the expense sharing problem. If we get a lot of votes here, we’ll reconsider this.

Marshall

17. Add possibility for paypal.me link

The new service from paypal offers new possibilities to transfer money more easily to freinds and family with a link like https://www.paypal.me/username/25.43

It makes sense to include the possibility to settle up via this link or to generate the link as such for further sharing. (by adding the paypal.me-username to the splitwise-account)

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Interesting. I haven’t seen this yet. It’s unlikely we’ll be able to support this as our control over how the PayPal code works is limited, but it’s definitely worth looking into.

Marshall

18. sync with Tripit

retrieve trip data, people traveling and booked/payed plans from the tripit platform. this will reduce the effort of setting up a new splitwise trip a lot.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the interesting and new idea! We are generally cautious adding new integrations but if this becomes a popular request we will review the feasibility in more detail.

Best,
    Jon

19. Make simplify debts more accessible

The simplify debts feature is excellent and I use it all the time. However, It's currently hidden in the settings menu and I think that it should be out front and center for everyone to see!

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We’ve actually made this feature less accessible over time as we found any people we’re confused by this. We are working on some changes to make it more understandable and will probably make it easier to turn on when we think we’ve got a good explanation for it.

Marshall

20. Make each entry in "Recent activity" pop open the relevant expense

Currently, clicking on an item in "Recent activity" takes you to the group where the expense resides, but it doesn't actually show you the relevant entry in that group. Clicking on one of these entries should take you to the relevant group AND pop open the edit dialog for the expense, or at least highlight the expense on the list.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base