Skip to content

General

208 results found

1. Improve Search feature

I'm a Pro subscriber and the search is nice, but it only seems to look in the transaction description. I'd also like to be able to search by amount.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  2. Add more payment options

You could have more payment connectors, like apple pay, android pay, debit card. Also, keep an eye for international platforms, I'm an international user and I'd love to use my local payment systems (There's a startup here in Brazil called PicPay, it's a venmo copycat). That would drive adoption A LOT!

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We’re definitely interested in adding more payment options! Unfortunately, some of the more well-known options (Apple Pay, Android Pay) don’t currently allow third-party apps to send person-to-person payments, so we haven’t been able to add them yet, but we’re hopeful that those companies will open up their APIs in the future. And non-US payment providers are definitely on our to-do list too! :)

3. add autocomplete (from keyboard) from currencies USD

currently inserting bills in other currencies than USD is painful.
    I would like to click on "$" sign and quickly type e.g. EUR, PLN, GBD or something and press enter to have this currency used.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  4. View-Only link

I often create groups with members who do not have an account and enter their expenses myself. My workflow right now is to print the overview and send a PDF in the end. That PDF is a bit overwhelming.

Having a link that allows to view all the things in a group would be great. That link could also be used as an invitation link.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I can see how this would be useful for groups with “dummy” members (though we do generally encourage people to include email addresses when adding other group members, so that those other people can simply log in to Splitwise themselves). A view-only mode isn’t on our roadmap yet, but I’ll add it to our list of possible improvements for the future.

5. have a search option in settle up

It sucks when you have a lot of ppl on splitwise and you have scrol through it when you are looking for the name of the person you are "settling up" with(by clicking the settle up button on the dashboard)
    So having a search text box on top would be great

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! For now, you could try using the “filtering” search field in the left sidebar – just type in the name of the person you want to settle with, then click their name in the left sidebar, and then click the “Settle up” button as usual. Splitwise will automatically fill in that person as the person you’re settling up with.

6. To have Pie Chart for Dashboard Chart View

Currently we have Bar Chart. I would be better if we have Pie Chart Over there. It will be convenient for Viewing also.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  7. Printable Summary for NonGroup Expenses

Like a printable summary for each separate group, is it possible to get a printable summary for non-group expenses

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll add this to our list of possible features for the future. For now, you could try exporting a spreadsheet from the friend screen – you can only do it for one friend at a time, but it’ll list all of your non-group expenses with that particular person.

8. Allow incoming bills be linked directly to Splitwise

Is there a feature where we could link our incoming bills for other users involved to see? If not, I'd love to see it. For example, it would be nice to have an electronic gas bill come in as a read only document so everyone paying can just look straight at the bill when it is received and not have to wait for someone to post what payment would be. I suppose it would be linked through your email acct and/or utility company. This transparency also allows people to be more on top of their payments, and more accountable should…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  9. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thanks for the clear suggestion. Makes sense to me, but also probably slow for large accounts.

Leaving open / under review to see how many other folks want to vote for it.

Best,
    Jon

10. Help Button or Link

You ought to have a "Help" or "Documentation" link somewhere in the UI.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! We currently have a “Feedback” link in the lower right of every page, which includes links to all our helpdesk articles. I’ll pass on your suggestion and see if it makes sense to add additional help links elsewhere on our website.

11. Provide a tutorial and "how to"

I love the concept and design of your website. But I can't find a place to learn how to use it, and how to share the "how to" part with others who are not yet on SplitWise.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! We try to make Splitwise self-explanatory as much as possible, with small tutorials as you use the app, but I definitely see how a more complete “how to” guide would be useful. I’ll add that to our list of possible improvements for the future.

12. Order people in group balances tab by level of debt

... to easily show on top who should pay for next lunch :)

Cheers!

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow manual archiving of group

Manual archiving of group should be allowed. If the trip is over and everyone is settled, I'd want to get rid of the group still keeping the record in archives.

168 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    53 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I think this is a great idea! It’s not on the roadmap yet due to lots of other priorities voted higher, but one we’ve discussed and agreed totally makes sense. Thanks for submitting.

- Jon

14. the "me" requirement for quick-add is inconvenient

Hi, I've been using splitwise for years now, as a replacement for Billmonk. I might not be your typical user since I use it to keep track of what family members owe me, and we never split bills. Thus when I use "quick add", I don't understand why if I write, "sonya owes 54 for dress" it automatically splits the bill and I have to manually un-split it. I have to remember to write, "sonya owes ME 54 for dress" to avoid splitting. If I say she owes me 54, then she owes me 54, not 27. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  15. Add possibility for paypal.me link

The new service from paypal offers new possibilities to transfer money more easily to freinds and family with a link like https://www.paypal.me/username/25.43

It makes sense to include the possibility to settle up via this link or to generate the link as such for further sharing. (by adding the paypal.me-username to the splitwise-account)

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Interesting. I haven’t seen this yet. It’s unlikely we’ll be able to support this as our control over how the PayPal code works is limited, but it’s definitely worth looking into.

Marshall

16. Enhancement to reminders

Hi,
    I would like to see some improvements around the reminders functionality.
    The very first time I created an expense account in Splitwise I had no idea that it sends out monthly reminders. I couldn't find any note for such emails that will be sent out (when I created the expenses group).

The monthly reminder thing came as a good surprise and is great, but I think it will be nice if we have some more control over scheduling reminders.

For example some friends in a group require frequent followups as compared to others.
    So within the group created, I…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestions! More granular control and making reminders smarter is something we are thinking about improving over time.

For now, we automatically send out a monthly summary email each month that includes all of a person’s balances. You can also manually send a balance reminder by going to your friend’s page and choosing the “Send reminder” option (located under the settings menu on our website, and under the “More” menu on our mobile apps).

17. Add a Round Up button

It'd be nice to have a Round Up! button. In Malaysia, the smallest amount you can pay is RM0.05, not RM0.01 anymore.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! Yep, there are a few other currencies that work this way too – I’m not sure when we’ll get around to rounding off those currencies, but we know it’s somewhere we can improve. In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience!

18. Make simplify debts more accessible

The simplify debts feature is excellent and I use it all the time. However, It's currently hidden in the settings menu and I think that it should be out front and center for everyone to see!

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We’ve actually made this feature less accessible over time as we found any people we’re confused by this. We are working on some changes to make it more understandable and will probably make it easier to turn on when we think we’ve got a good explanation for it.

Marshall

19. Make each entry in "Recent activity" pop open the relevant expense

Currently, clicking on an item in "Recent activity" takes you to the group where the expense resides, but it doesn't actually show you the relevant entry in that group. Clicking on one of these entries should take you to the relevant group AND pop open the edit dialog for the expense, or at least highlight the expense on the list.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  20. "Who paid" column in Excel export

When you export your data to Excel there should be an additional column indicating who paid for each expense.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Our next update to the Excel feature is to bring it to mobile. Not sure when we’ll have the bandwidth to consider functionality on the whole. Sorry for any inconvenience! Zoe

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base