Skip to content

General

208 results found

1. Chart legend sorted by percentage

Currently Charts legend is sorted by pie slices order (probably Google Visualisation's default). But it would be useful to have it ordered in descending order or as a separate table that can be sorted.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We have plans to revisit the charts in the future and improve them based on data we’ve received. However with our small team it is hard to give an estimate as to when this will happen. The best course is to subscribe to this thread which we’ll update when the feature has been completed.

2. Integrate with PayPal so that I can import latest expenses directly into my splitwise account!

I use the PayPal card a lot for making purchases. It would be awesome if you could integrate PayPal with Splitwise - perhaps import the latest expenses?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. the left pane lists like "friends" and "groups" should be collapsible

The left pane lists like "Friends" and "Groups" can be a long one. I suggest you allow them to be collapsible (by clicking on the list name or something similar) and allow that state to be saved for convenience and a cleaner appearance for users with long lists (like me).
    P.S. Splitwise is great. Please keep it up!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We hear you. Friends and groups in the app are slightly unwieldy and difficult to access, and we are planning a redesign of the Android app to address those issues.

4. sync with Tripit

retrieve trip data, people traveling and booked/payed plans from the tripit platform. this will reduce the effort of setting up a new splitwise trip a lot.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the interesting and new idea! We are generally cautious adding new integrations but if this becomes a popular request we will review the feasibility in more detail.

Best,
    Jon

5. Add subscription feeds to the calendar function

Add support for calendar subscriptions (i.e., .ics .gcal .html) to the calendar function for groups. Simply having a calendar item that said "Pay <name> for <bill name>" or "<bill name> due" would be great. I would find this especially handy for recurring bills (e.g., utilities, rent, groceries).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. create a simple printable summary

I see the detailed summary and the simple group balances view. I wish there were a printable summary of group balances that I could include in an email so that I can explain how much people will pay in an email without taking a screenshot.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Yeah, I can see how it would be useful to have something to download and share, especially if not everyone is actually logging in to Splitwise. I’ll add this to our list of possible improvements.

7. default with one

I use splitwise with my boyfriend only. If there is only one active user, I want that person automatically selected all the time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion – I’ll pass it on! I know we do something like this for people who only use one group, and I can definitely see how it’d be useful for accounts with only one other person.

8. Integrate Square Cash Mail-to and Yodlee Payment Integration

1. Any plans to integrate square cash into the platform? They don't have an API, but you could integrate the mail-to functionality to trigger an email. I really hate using Venmo and still leave your site to make payments.

2. Have you considered integrating Yodlee into your platform? I currently use a combination of BillGuard and Splitwise. I think combining the two would be incredible. You could have a real time feed into splitwise of your most recent charges and then decide if you want to split them. You'd be able to monetize your app by charging a subscription for banking integration.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  9. fix the tax/tip section

Can you adjust the UI such that it explains you can add as a percentage or a fixed amount. The gray text claims % but if i plug in 7 (for 7%) it splits $7 of tax, not 7% of the subtotal.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the confusion! It’s intentional that you can enter either a whole amount ($7) or a percentage (7%) in that box, but it could probably be improved to be clearer. I’ll add this to our list of possible things to work on in the future.

10. Toggle open and close Groups and Friendds

Make the side bar max height for that of the viewport height. Make the Groups and Friends sections toggleable close / open and scroll bars within.

Prioritize payments and do calculations based on them. Say an old payment exists in my dashboard and i don't wanna delete or settle it but just ignore about it when seeing my total.

Make dashboard items selectable so that i can calculate or get a total based on the selection items from my dashboard.

Same scenario mentioned above with selection of friends and groups from side bar or on a new page would be…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestions – I’ll pass them on! We haven’t done any major work on our web app for a while, so I imagine we might be redesigning some things later this year.

11. send out a bit of details while simplifying debts.

bravo for all your efforts team! we have been using the app for a long period of time now. A couple weeks back you guys introduced a logic that would simplify/adjustdebts accordingly. While most of auch simplifications are trivial, some are not! And the intimation mail only mentions that splitwise has adjusted debts, I request you guys to add a set of details in the same mail, which may include who all were included and before/after of debt amouts. I am also a developer, I guess this would not be a hefty change ;-) Thanks guys, keep rocking!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We’d love to include better details when simplifying debts, but it’s actually surprisingly hard to show those details in an intelligent way :) The math is very simple, but we’ve found that showing the complete data often confuses people – especially in very old groups, where the “unsimplified” totals might include thousands of dollars of payments to each other (which all cancel each other out).

Still, we definitely want to show more information! Hopefully we’ll be able to try a few new designs this year and find something that works. Until then, apologies for the inconvenience!

12. make a chrome extension that adds a "splitwise" button to transactions on Mint

I don't always remember to split a transaction as soon as it happens, or the transaction is one that I'm not physically present for (like when the power company autobills). It would be cool if there was a chrome extension that scraped data from the Mint transactions page when I visit it so that when I review my transactions on Mint I can just click a button (inserted onto the page via extension) to auto-import that transaction into Splitwise

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We actually sort of love this idea (we’ve definitely thought about it before), though it hasn’t actually made it on to our roadmap yet, and I’m not sure if we’d do it by a Chrome extension or by some other means. In general, though, we think it would be super convenient to import expenses directly from your other accounts :) Hopefully in the future!

13. can total Owes you amount be in other color rather light green

can total Owes you amount be in other color rather light green? and split among groups in light green?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. right bar

make the gear icon at the top right not look disabled when it's not selected

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Default currency for a group in the web client

On the mobile client, whenever I add a new bill, it automatically uses the currency that I've been using in that group (e.g. I'm currently on vacation in Europe, and I'm putting all expenses in EUR).

On the web app, it still defaulted to USD $. It's not a huge deal since I can edit it, but would be nice if it defaulted to the commonly used currency in the group or something.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! That makes sense – our multi-currency support could definitely use some polish across our different apps. I’ll pass on your thoughts, and hopefully we’ll be able to improve this the next time we make a round of updates to multi-currency support :)

16. identifying the member who owes the most in a group

In group with lots of members it is difficult to find out who owes/is owed the most. It would make it easier for that member to pay large expenses and even up with the rest of the group.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Let me link to my profile for people to add ME

I want to share my profile on facebook with a bunch of my friends so that they can add me and I don't have to collect email addresses. Or just have my facebook/google friends be on my friends list by default, then if they make an account we're already friends and they can see their balance.

Also, what good does linking my google or facebook do?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It certainly makes sense to have a shareable profile link – in fact, I’m pretty sure that’s on our to-do list already (we just haven’t gotten to it yet). I’ll pass on the “default friends list” suggestion as well.

Right now, connecting with Google lets you access your Google contacts straight from Splitwise, so that when you start typing in a name, we can autocomplete that person’s email address. (Connecting with Facebook just lets you log in; we don’t currently request any access to your list of Facebook friends.)

18. You can only collapse an expanded expense by clicking exactly horizontal with the expense total

I just noticed that the only area listening for a click to collapse an expanded expenses is a thin strip exactly parallel with with amount total of the expense. It would be nice if clicking anywhere in the expanded expense header collapsed the expense.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks Anon,

Very interesting suggestion! That is by design, but I’m curious to see if other people agree. Personally, I like they way it works but I’ll leave this under review to think about as we are tweaking design.

Cheers,
    Jon

19. make it easier to add a person to a group

It took me a couple of minutes to find how to add someone to a group which I felt was pretty hidden. I would've imagined that "add a person to group" would be in the right hand panel, or in the view full details overlay.

or ... if i clicked on a user, that I could have a dropdown to add a user to a group.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  20. addd option to add previous dues for starters

I just started using this app. No doubt, this is exactly what I was looking for. But previously I used a note taking app for the same purpose and would like to add previous dues to person while starting as a new user. In other words an option to add initial debt to a new user added would be an amazing add on!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base