Skip to content

General

208 results found

1. Allow incoming bills be linked directly to Splitwise

Is there a feature where we could link our incoming bills for other users involved to see? If not, I'd love to see it. For example, it would be nice to have an electronic gas bill come in as a read only document so everyone paying can just look straight at the bill when it is received and not have to wait for someone to post what payment would be. I suppose it would be linked through your email acct and/or utility company. This transparency also allows people to be more on top of their payments, and more accountable should…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  2. expense sorting in group

It would be great and easier for the user to have the option of sorting the expenses based on amount, date, category,and payee in the group.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion – I’ll pass it on! For now, your best option is probably to export your group to a spreadsheet (by going to your group, then clicking the settings icon at the top of the right sidebar and choosing “Export as spreadsheet”), then using Excel or other spreadsheet programs to sort the output. How that helps!

3. Enhancement to reminders

Hi,
    I would like to see some improvements around the reminders functionality.
    The very first time I created an expense account in Splitwise I had no idea that it sends out monthly reminders. I couldn't find any note for such emails that will be sent out (when I created the expenses group).

The monthly reminder thing came as a good surprise and is great, but I think it will be nice if we have some more control over scheduling reminders.

For example some friends in a group require frequent followups as compared to others.
    So within the group created, I…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestions! More granular control and making reminders smarter is something we are thinking about improving over time.

For now, we automatically send out a monthly summary email each month that includes all of a person’s balances. You can also manually send a balance reminder by going to your friend’s page and choosing the “Send reminder” option (located under the settings menu on our website, and under the “More” menu on our mobile apps).

4. Allow importing expenses from a Settle Up App

Currently I am using Settle Up and would like to import my expenses in your application

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  5. Debt shuffling across groups

I really like Splitwise and I use it regularly to keep track of my shared transactions with other people. However I find it difficult to keep track of expenses across different groups. For instance, sometimes I would like to transfer debt from one group to the other, such that in the first group the debt is settled but in the second it will show up. This would be a great addition to my debt management routine.
    To exemplify my request I will illustrate that with my father's recent visit. He came to visit me at home and I created a…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! There is a very basic version of this feature on our website – click on a specific person in the left sidebar, then click the settings icon at the top of the right sidebar and choose “Consolidate debts with this person”. All your groups will be settled up, and the remaining balance will be transferred to a single non-group bill.

We’ve also thought about a few other versions of this feature, but unfortunately it’s been really difficult to find a design that doesn’t confuse people. (Even the single-group “simplify debts” feature confuses a large percentage of people.) For now, we’ve decided to leave out any more complicated debt shuffling features, as the increase in confused/frustrated users seems to outweigh the benefits. Apologies for the trouble!

6. Entire and monthly export option

There should be an option to export the entire transactions of an account for a particular month.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  7. Relationships for debt calculation

So I have a few groups with some friends, and not all of them know each other. Occasionally, when I add a combined bill, Splitwise simplifies debts in a way that person A ends up owing person B, who don't really know each other. It ends up being an awkward situation which I resolve by taking the money from A and giving it to B.

It would be cool if Splitwise showed me a graph with nodes for myself and every person I've ever shared a bill with (or scoped within a group for simplicity), and then let me add…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Hey Sameer – are you talking about the “Simplify debts” feature for groups? In general, we’ve assumed that everyone in a group knows each other, as groups are usually used for apartments and group trips and things like that. Could you give me more details on the specific case where this problem is happening for you? It’d be good to have more background and make sure we understand where you’re coming from.

On the other hand, if you’re talking about the “Simplify debts” feature that works outside of groups, then our algorithm should take this into account already, as it only moves around debt between people who already have outstanding balances with each other.

8. there should be individual settle button in Dashboard.

there should be a settle button against individual line items in dashboard. now i can see that who owe me or i owe who what. but i have to go to individual group/friend to settle up that amount. it'll be really good to have a individual settle button beside the line item say under a friend's name "you owe 450 for XXX".
    Thx

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I’ll pass on this suggestion! In the meantime, you should be able to settle up from the dashboard by clicking the green “Settle up” button above the list of balances, choosing a payment method, and then choosing the person you wish to pay back. Splitwise should automatically fill in the total amount that you owe that person. I hope that helps somewhat for now!

9. Add date range option to "Export as spreadsheet" function

Currently when I click the "Export as spreadsheet" link under Group Settings it gives me all of the transactions that have ever been recorded in the group. Since I use a group to track expenses with roommates, I like to export the data on a monthly basis, and it would be great if I didn't have to go back and delete all the old data from the beginning of the file each time.

Alternatively, the "view printable summary" already gives a nice monthly snapshot, so if there was a way to export that view to a spreadsheet, that would work…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Good suggestion! We’ve talked about adding a date range to both the export and the monthly summary – it’s never quite made it to the top of the to-do list, but hopefully it will sometime soon. In the meantime, I’m sorry for the delay!

10. Taxable items in itemized view

Hi,

Hey guys... love the work you are doing..
    It would be great if you could add a checkbox in the itemized bill view to select items that are taxable or not. It generally happens when we do shopping for groceries in walmart or target, taxes are not applicable on many items and currently we have to manually calculate the tax with every applicable item; defeating the purpose of the tax field at the bottom.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  11. look into the expenses summary

When checking out the (printable) expenses summary it shows the received payments as expenses. So at the bottom line when it tallies up everything the totale expenses per person are higher than the actual expenses. I believe it should deduct the received payments to get a correct overview.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! I definitely understand your reasoning. Right now, the printable summary includes payments so that it can present an accurate total of how much your balance has changed during the month, taking into account both expenses and payments. In the future, hopefully we can separate out expense totals in a way that makes them clearer.

12. Multiply items on Itemized Bill

It would be great if I could enter in Itemized Bill how many items did I buy and from there, the web app would multiply this amount by price for 1 piece to get the total price.

Lets say I bought 4 boxes of milk for $10 each.

Right now I would enter it like this:
    4 Milks, $40

What I'd rather do is this:

Milk, 4 boxes, $10 each, total $40

This gives me better understanding of how many boxes did we bought and what was the price for 1 box.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion! We’re not currently planning any significant changes to the itemized bill form, but I see how this would be a useful addition. I’ll leave this open for further voting and pass along the suggestion.

13. Facilitate Multiple Groups within a Group.

Instead of hiding the expenses when Balance is $0,
    Settle Up a Group Month Wise, so that a same group can be used, thus avoiding duplicate groups.

So that we can have Monthly Balances & a Gross Total Balance.
    Multiple Groups within a Group will give us more flexibility & Ease.

Right now i am creating a Group Every Month.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll pass on the suggestion! I’m not sure it’s applicable to a lot of Splitwise users – most people only use one group on Splitwise, or no groups at all – but it’s an interesting idea, and worth discussing.

14. my activity

Hello,

Sometime I want to see what all expenses I have already added so that I can add only the remaining one.
    Can there be an option to track just "my activity" for last 30-60 days.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  15. Download all the expenses of current month

Add the option to download all expenses of the current month. Now we can download expense on a particular group,but not on all expenses made by me (including all groups and individuals) for current month.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll pass it on at our next team meeting – I know we haven’t updated our export options for a while, so maybe we’ll get a chance to update them soon.

16. implement more sign in options etc Apple ID sign in

you guys should implement Apple ID sign in on both web and mobile app

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Import Excel format Bank Statement (BoFA)

Directly Import the bank statement to add bill for whole month and show an option of each line item to be tagged (like facebook tagging) under any group or person

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting! I know we’re generally cautious about building importers (they can be a lot of work to develop, and they generally don’t get much use), but I’ll pass on this suggestion at our next meeting and see what the team thinks.

18. Give users the ability to see future balances for recurring expenses.

In our group we have expenses like Rent, Internet & Netflix that are static in amount most of the year. We have expenses like this set as recurring.

When expenses are recurring there's not much room to quickly see an upcoming balance which is ultimately what my suggestion would provide.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a Round Up button

It'd be nice to have a Round Up! button. In Malaysia, the smallest amount you can pay is RM0.05, not RM0.01 anymore.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! Yep, there are a few other currencies that work this way too – I’m not sure when we’ll get around to rounding off those currencies, but we know it’s somewhere we can improve. In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience!

20. 11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    378 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion!
    We send these emails for your security and you should only get them when signing in to your account. If you stay logged in and visit your account from the same device/browser you won’t get an email for every visit.
    These emails are a relatively new feature and we appreciate the feedback. I’ll leave this open for now.

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base