Skip to content

General

376 results found

1. Deleting all transactions of a particular friend

Please provide an option where you can clear/delete all transactions wtih a particular friend without deleting that friend.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Can I ask for more information on why you want this feature? We don’t currently have plans to enable this, as we feel it would be abused by users in disputes.

2. Dashboard should tell me how much I owe in total and how much I'm owed

as above

It is very inconvenient when I'm doing my calculations and tallying numbers to add up manually.

Please implement this feature

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Auto detect date from expense name

When I enter an expense name like 'gas on 8/20' the expense date should automatically be set to 8/20

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! If you’re doing this kind of thing already, quick-add does this and is expected to do as much as possible to guess what your expense is (text field near the add buttons on the web and in the friend or group page on the mobile apps). I don’t think we’ll add this to the general expense add flow because it’s tricky to implement this kind of behavior without overriding someones careful effort to do something like register “rent january 1” for December 20th so their housemates get enough heads up to get them checks before vacation.

Marshall

4. Billmonk's Auto Friend

Can you please add following feature? if there is a shared bill from A between A,B & C and if B is not C's friend Then C will be added in B's Friend list automatically

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We actually left this feature out on purpose, as we feel there are privacy concerns with this approach. What if B and C don’t want to be friends? We only auto-create friendships if the two people involved directly owe each other.

Thanks for the suggestion, though! Let us know if you have any other thoughts.

5. allow users to import groups of people from Billmonk

I imported expenses from Billmonk but it only imported each individual person, so I had to create a separate group on Splitwise for my apartment again...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently we have no plans on adding this feature, due to the amount of time it will take to get right. If you want to send a note to company@splitwise with list of people, a group that already has people in it and the understanding that we’re going to move all the expenses of that person into that group (BillMonk expenses and anything else).

6. Adding friends who are already in group!!

Hii, Is it that we must again send request to all the members in groups to add them separately in our personal friend's list. Please include an option to include all members in a common list and then create groups from them!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Provide Date time for each feedback and comments

Provide Date time for each feedback and comments so when it is said a feature would be ready in near future. We can guesstimate from the date time comment was posted

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. Better FB integration and better iPhone app

I should be able to add friends from my FB friend list and then ur site should email them. It's really inconvinient to ask ppl for their emails every time.
    Also, there is no "sign in with FB" button on your home page. If you are trying to implement "FB sign in", then it should be so seamless that I NEVER have to input ANY email ids or passwords!
    Also, your iPhone app sucks! Please make it better and allow all functionality, that's there in the web app, on the iPhone app!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m declining this because it’s a dupe of another ticket. Feel free to add your votes there.

https://splitwise.uservoice.com/admin/forums/162446-general/suggestions/3092241-allow-facebook-logins-from-the-android-app

We’re working on ways to better integrate other services into ours (gmail, facebook, ect.)

We apologize for this, but we haven’t had time to include Facebook login on iPhone or Android yet. The reason why it’s been such a low priority is that Facebook login has not been especially popular users thus far and doesn’t add a lot of functionality.

We don’t have any plans to add facebook login on the phones soon, but you can work-around this issue by “resetting your password” on the website, and typing in the email address of the email associated with that facebook account.

As for the iPhone app, we’ve been adding so many features to the site recently we need to make sure we’ve got them the way we want them before we port them…

9. User Rights

Please allow set rights to user so that others cannot delete expenses

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve gotten suggestions like this before, but we’ve decided to put in a revision system instead. The flag on the upper left hand corner next to our company name tells you any activity that happened in your group (including the deletion of payments, ect)

10. Change the way Whiteboard is edited

I think whiteboard is more useful if it shows entries with Date and username like a log / Diary entry
    Say : On Aug 22 , XYZ wrote : We need to start searching for a new roomate

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I suspect you still feel the horizontal space in the design is too much for the expenses, but this is probably the width we’ll use for quite a while.

Marshall

12. Make it possible to choose the default group.

I live with a few friends, but was recently added to a larger group. Now this new group (with much less activity) shows first when I open Splitwise and I couldn't find an option to change this.

That is not nice :)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Keep the option for the older interface around

I feel that your new version suffers from "redesign fever", where you've attempted to make it so pretty that you remove the utilitarian functionality I like in the current interface.

Just like Gmail when it went through its redesign, your new version has much less information density, and I feel that you're losing visual distinction between sections of the interface.

Please allow us to keep the current interface around.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve disabled the ability to see both UI’s due to the amount of engineering time it would take to maintain both sides. If you have any specific comments on what you’d like to see improved in the new UI please feel free to add Uservoice tickets.

14. Put OK on the left and cancel on the right

Windows UI convention is to put the Cancel button on the right and OK on the left. Yours is opposite of that and it really threw me.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Cancel/OK vs. OK/Cancel argument is an interesting one, and there’s actually some decent research on the subject (http://measuringuserexperience.com/SubmitCancel/index.htm) – people are split pretty evenly between the two orderings, unless the buttons are spaced far apart, in which case Cancel/OK is preferred by a majority. In the end the choice is pretty arbitrary, but I think we’re going to stick with Cancel/OK as an ordering and hope that the coloration of the buttons helps to clear up any platform-specific confusion. Sorry for the confusion!

15. make it possible to change my 'default' group

splitwise.com seems to default to the group i use least, rather than the group i use most!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Website: left-hand side bar doesn't scroll

The friends tab on the left does not scroll, you can see only a limited people from the list if I am not wrong. Would be great if you could fix this.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
1 2 15 16 17 19 Next →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base