Skip to content

General

118 results found

1. Order groups by most recent expense time

I want to have my most recently active group to appear on top in the groups tab on Android

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Keeping groups in a stable position allows users to develop muscle memory. We think it would be confusing if users had to visually scan for the group they want each time they view the GROUPS tab. I hear your argument but it’s just a trade off we’ve made in the other direction. Sorry for any bother! Cheers.

2. Only Lent Person should be able to Settle Up from his account

When the bills are settled up, it should be done from the person who lent the money and not from the person who owes the money coz this may lead to fraud settlement

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We built Splitwise with the intention of keeping everyone on the same page with shared expenses, so anyone can add, edit, or record payments. There is a record of all of this kept in Recent Activity, so if there is a dispute, you can always reference the Recent Activity page. You also have the ability to delete the payment even if it was not recorded by you.

3. Invite Directly from contact

Allow to send message to the person's mobile number in the contacts

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hi there. Are you in India, the UAE, or France? In those countries we don’t pull mobile numbers from Contacts because our invite text messages get marked as spam by the carriers and therefore they don’t get delivered. So we only pull email addresses because we can ensure deliverability. Sorry for the trouble!

4. Owe

The owes you and you owe is always confused with us. So please see if you can have this word replace with any good understandable word please

Thanks

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We’ve spent a lot of time on the language in the app and this is the best set of words we’ve been able to come up with. It’s not something we plan to change, but I’d love to hear more about why it’s confusing.

Marshall

5. Sharing grocery lists

Can we get a tab for sharing grocery lists? One tab that autoupdates to which all members of a household can contribute and check mark things off?

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This would be more appropriate for a grocery list app and wouldn’t be part of Splitwise’s core. As such we’d be unlikely to be able to dedicate the time necessary to create an entire sub app within Splitwise.

6. Mobile Website not available

I have an old version of android (v 2.1)
    The Android app is not compatible for this version.
    It would be better if we have m.splitwise.com with basic features

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We have no plans for a mobile website at this time – we’re a small team, and are already dedicating all our engineering resources to the full web app, iPhone, and Android. Sorry for the inconvenience!

7. Allow the owner(the person who has paid the amount) to approve/decline the settlement given by others

Now the application allows anyone in the group to edit the amount, settle the amount even though they haven't paid. There should be an option for the owner who enters bill to approve or decline the changes made by other members, for example, if someone chooses amount settled then the owner has to get an option to approve or decline it. And if other members edit the amount paid , owner should get a notification to approve or decline it. So the person who has paid the amount will have a control over managing expenses.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Splitwise actually used to work this way, but we got rid of the confirmation step because people complained that it was too much of a hassle.

Our in-between solution was email notifications. By default, you should get an email any time someone says they have paid you, and then if you wish you can double-check that they have actually given you money. (And if they haven’t, then you can delete the payment from Splitwise!) You can also see a full record of changes in your account at any time by going to the “Recent activity” screen.

You can also get notifications through email or push notifications for expenses being added, deleted or edited.

Hope that makes sense! Let us know if you have questions or concerns.

8. Allow people leave the description field empty. Most of time, category is enough. Thanks!

Allow people leave the description field empty. Most of the time, the category is enough. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We’re settled on our current requirements of an amount and a description. The one shortcut that might help you is if you type the name of the category in the description field, the app should automatically update the category for you.

Marshall

9. Add the app to the F-Droid store

F Droid is an alternative app store for the Android platform. It would be great if you could add your app to F droid so that some of us that don't use the Google Play Store can easily get access to the app.

If not, please atleast consider providing a signed APK file for direct download.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  10. Link accounts with popular eWallets (e.g. Paytm) so that settling of expenses can happen immediately and with ease.

Link accounts with popular eWallets (e.g. Paytm) so that settling of expenses can happen immediately and with ease. Provide the option of settling via eWallet or cash. Linking of bank accounts might raise security concerns but people are alot more comfortable with eWallets. For necessary Authorization you can redirect to the eWallets app/webpage (similar to what alot of other apps do).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, thanks for the feedback! We have a lot of ideas for different payment options, please go vote for the one’s that you want, or submit a new idea if we don’t have the payment option you’re looking for.

11. Give ability to link my PSEG account to splitwise account

I am account holder of PSEG account in my house and i get billed every month. I have opted for e-bills and i have setup autopay for it. But each month, i have to check the amount and add it to my splitwise group for sharing. I cannot setup a recurring pay in splitwise for this bill like i have done for Verizon internet bill since this bill amount varies a lot.

I need a ability to link my PSEG account or someway so that once my autopay pays the bill, it automatically gets added to my splitwise house group…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback!

We agree that this would be an awesome user experience. Unfortunately, each biller we’d integrate with (PSEG, Verizon, Con Edison, etc) would require us to build a new tech infrastructure. There are over 100 billers in the country and after thinking through the issue a lot, we had to conclude that we shouldn’t spend energy on building these features. We’re a tiny team (3 engineers) with many other priorities.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for using Splitwise!

12. Création de nouvelles catégories

Pouvez vous créer la catégorie enfant avec sous catégories: nounou, cantine, sports, musique, colonie, périscolaire

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Merci pour la suggestion! Nous allons considérer cela la prochaine fois que nous mettrons à jour notre liste de catégories. Pour l’instant, je suggère de créer un groupe spécifiquement pour les dépenses liées aux enfants, et je pense que vous verrez déjà certaines de ces catégories, telles que les sports et la musique sous “Divertissement”.

Traduction par Google.

13. Update and universal

Update Plates and make both universally available for iOS and macOS.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately we don’t have the resources right now to expand Plates to other platforms, but we hope to make some updates to the iPhone app in the future!

-Novall

14. Need approval of spender during settlement.

it should need approval from the spender/lender while settling an expense. otherwise, for a huge group comprising of large number of transactions, it's hard to track/validate when some got settled and whether it's authentic.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve actually tried a feature like this in the past, and the overwhelming feedback was that our users wanted us to get rid of it. For the average person, it’s quite a hassle to manually approve every transaction on Splitwise, and it makes the site very difficult to use unless all of your friends are active users.

You can always edit the payment at a later date to add notes that it is confirmed or add comments to the payment to say that you have confirmed it.

Marshall

15. Customized date range to track the expense

We generally settle our bills around 10th of every month. So, instead of keeping track of expense every month starting from 1st to end of that month, I would like to keep track of my expense with some customized date.
    i.e. let say i customized my month as 10th May - 9th June, 10th June - 9th July and so on..

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately too much of the world keeps track of things on a monthly basis so this feature would not be widely utilized and would more often than not confuse people.

16. Sort contact list by frequency

There are a few people with whom I have to share expenses every day. And there are people with whom I have shared expenses just once or twice.

While adding an expense, when the contact list is shown, instead of sorting it alphabetically, it should be sorted by frequency.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We don’t plan to add different sorting for this, but we are considering showing your last 5 people or groups in a special Recents list section for adding expenses.

Marshall

17. Reverse order of expense name and expense amount on mobile

When entering an expense on the mobile app, I often find myself trying to type the amount into the name field. This is because I'm usually at the register, and have the number top of mind. Compared to the name, the amount is harder to remember and easier to forget. It'd be easier to go back and add the name later: I'm more likely to remember that I went to CVS than I am to remember that I spent 17.63 there. It'd be great to have the option to reverse the order of the name and amount fields, at least…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

So sorry for the trouble! We’ve actually done a ton of testing on this, because people tend to have strong instincts one way or another – you’re definitely not the only person to accidentally enter the cost in the description field :) We ultimately found that description, then cost was the most “common” order, so that’s what we’ve gone with. I don’t think we’re likely to add a custom setting for this, but it is still on our list of things to think about – maybe we can come up with some clever improvements in the future.

18. Deleting a bill

Only the creator should be allowed to delete the bill and not the share holder.

Also on a seperate note i started using app with USD and then changed the currency to INR but people i started with in still have USD next to them instead of INR

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Vishal,

We do want to give people confidence that their bills have not been deleted, so in the user settings we have an “email me anytime someone updated / edits / deletes a bill.” We plan to change the default setting to alert you anytime a bill you created is deleted, which I think should give you some more confidence.

We strongly believe anyone should be able to delete a bill in order to help correct mistakes and make things simple and complexity-free.

The currency issue you are referring to can also be fixed in user settings – there is a button on the website that allows you to convert all expenses you have so far into your default currency (it just sets the currency code, it doesn’t do any currency exchange.)

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Jon

19. Simplify Debt for iOS App

It would be nice if we could simplify debt amongst an arbitrary set of friends from the iOS App. We can do this on the web interface (though I contend it is still a little hard to find this feature), but the feature appears to be missing from the mobile version.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Drinks category

I don't drink alcohol at all but if I like to tag drinks on splitwise, there is just an "Schnapps" category with the picture of a wine bootle. Could you please add a drinks or beverages category or at least rename it?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We’ve separated out the Schnapps category from the Groceries category because we found that the distinction between alcohol and other foodstuffs was clear to most people. Adding a Drinks category separate from Groceries would add a lot of ambiguity for not much benefit (is milk drinks or groceries, for example). We also have the Dining out category for anything at restaurants.

I’m sorry we don’t have the best set of categories for you, but I don’t expect we will add a separate Drinks category.

Marshall

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base